Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did police authorize students searching?

Is the reason they don’t like to show CCTV in these cases because the person is drunk? I could swear they have shown it in the past...in a very similar case.

Thought I would continue searching for potential areas of interest, I haven’t seen anything mentioned about searches of these allotments, it seems like a very large are that could be perfect for sheltering from the cold weather and literally 5 minutes away from where she was last seen, could also be a shortcut across to clough road !

Attachments

• A48F675F-BEBF-4122-86E7-5473CDCBBDF8.jpeg
    A48F675F-BEBF-4122-86E7-5473CDCBBDF8.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 18
Wow the more I read local news the worse that area sounds. Random man in car intimidating women and trying to convince them to get in car, another man following two women home and flashing them, man who lives on Wellesley Avenue charged with rape, allegedly 3 recent rapes against Hull students.

Unfortunately you are wrong. See screenshot from Google Earth. I have only just realised by looking in 3D how easily she may have fell, especially in the dark when she was drunk and wobbly. Libby's house over near the left, back of houses accessed by driveway over to the right. There is a point directly behind Libby's back yard where she may have fallen. View attachment 167619

I hadn’t really put much thought into ‘the falling in to the water behind the house’ theory. But from this picture I can see how it would be a possibility. Visibility would be really low and coordination already impaired from alcohol.

I am not at all wanting to cause any upset and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post something like this, so mods feel free to redact or delete post of necessary. As horrific as it may seem, could there be the possibility that the police are now in fact so confident that Libby will be found in the pond, drain or river that they're letting the students do their own search because they know they aren't going to find her? I know that's an awful thing to say but it's just my personal thoughts on why the police might be letting the students do their own thing, since they know they won't be equipped to search water.
Possibly, but even as late as this afternoon police were still searching drains and bins in the area surrounding Libby's home

-Re: kids organizing the search
I think that the kids were mobilized into action quicker than the police and started a social media push amongst students to go look for her. By Sunday, I think the police had asked for volunteers to hold back from searching but to help by giving info and restricting the students to search only campus areas.
I also think that there may not have been an official police contact when the kids asked for info to be forwarded to them...

I think earlier posts caused a little confusion. Eucalyptuz is right. That earlier public search map was from a search carried out over weekend and prior to recent searches we have seen police doing.

Ah, so the student search has already happened? There's not another one being organised currently?
I was referring to the first search mentioned above where an area was marked and the organizers asked for info to be forwarded to them. I don't think there are more public searches being organized although tonight there was a vigil.
According to comments made by one of the organizers the students were given permission to search campus areas during the first search.

I wish police would officially clear the grey-haired silver-Citroen driver if he has in fact been cleared...because my mind is sticking on him.

I don't think there is CCTV footage of the bench as I cannot find a single camera pointing in that direction. My theory is that the 11:41 bus saw (recorded) the interaction with the grey-haired driver as he had pulled over in the bus lane directly before the nearby bus stop. I think some other recording (dashcam in a taxi?) at 12:09 shows the that the bench is empty.

To me, he represents Occam's razor.

Is the reason they don’t like to show CCTV in these cases because the person is drunk? I could swear they have shown it in the past...in a very similar case.

a lot of cases involving drowning for some reason they never release cctv only a few time they have the guy who went missing in York forget his name and the Manchester lad that went missing after the stones roses gig in Manchester back in 2012

I wish police would officially clear the grey-haired silver-Citroen driver if he has in fact been cleared...because my mind is sticking on him.

I don't think there is CCTV footage of the bench as I cannot find a single camera pointing in that direction. My theory is that the 11:41 bus saw (recorded) the interaction with the grey-haired driver as he had pulled over in the bus lane directly before the nearby bus stop. I think some other recording (dashcam in a taxi?) at 12:09 shows the that the bench is empty.

To me, he represents Occam's razor.

If he didn't have a concrete alibi, I think he'd be in custody now.

Anyone else find the Sun article had new information on the student witness that saw her get dropped off.

[name removed] said: "On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below 0C. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black.

“We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door.

“She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up."

Nothing else said the Taxi driver helped her up and as far as I can recall didn’t they / he say in earlier interview they didn’t say anything as it’s not unusual for students to be stumbling drunk.

I’m on my phone so can’t pull up where I read this , I could be wrong but this stood out for me.

If he didn't have a concrete alibi, I think he'd be in custody now.
Not saying I understand how the police do things, but I would like to assume for my own peace of mind that they immediately suspected him, spoke to him, checked his car and house for evidence etc. Or do they just speak to him, check he has an alibi and leave it at that? I would hope not, especially not at this stage of still not finding her. Another similar thing that worries me is- are they actually checking inside people's houses and gardens? Or just knocking on the door, asking if they've seen anything and then leaving?! Surely not. They should be searching every house in the area, surely. I think I've mentioned this before, but if you have nothing to hide, you would let them look for her wherever they asked to... Right?

Anyone else find the Sun article had new information on the student witness that saw her get dropped off.

Nothing else said the Taxi driver helped her up and as far as I can recall didn’t they / he say in earlier interview they didn’t say anything as it’s not unusual for students to be stumbling drunk.

I’m on my phone so can’t pull up where I read this , I could be wrong but this stood out for me.
I believe I've read more than one article that stated the taxi driver got out and helped her up. I will try to find them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox