Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she would have been shivering like crazy after an hour at that temperature. Why are we not hearing a report of her trying to get inside?

I think after an hour outside at -5 in a light jacket her survival instinct would kick in.

Not necessarily, because of all the alcohol in her system she might not have noticed how cold she really was. Alcohol gives you a false sense of warmth.

Interesting from Hull Live:

Live as police cordon off north Hull street and tell residents to 'stay indoors'

Police have stormed the street on Tuesday evening as part of an ongoing incident

Police cars have cordoned off a north Hull street as part of an ongoing incident.

At least four police cars and personnel from Humberside Fire and Rescue have been seen in 5th Avenue.

Residents say emergency service vehicles arrived around 6pm with police storming the street and officers telling people to “stay indoors.”

One woman said: “All of 5th Avenue [has] been cordoned [off]. Not sure why, police fire and rescue in attendance.

“It is all cordoned off and people [have] been told to stay indoors. It’s to do with the empty house there.”

An empty house.... could there be a connection to Libby perhaps?

Interesting from Hull Live:

Live as police cordon off north Hull street and tell residents to 'stay indoors'

Police have stormed the street on Tuesday evening as part of an ongoing incident

Police cars have cordoned off a north Hull street as part of an ongoing incident.

At least four police cars and personnel from Humberside Fire and Rescue have been seen in 5th Avenue.

Residents say emergency service vehicles arrived around 6pm with police storming the street and officers telling people to “stay indoors.”

One woman said: “All of 5th Avenue [has] been cordoned [off]. Not sure why, police fire and rescue in attendance.

“It is all cordoned off and people [have] been told to stay indoors. It’s to do with the empty house there.”

An empty house.... could there be a connection to Libby perhaps?

Oh that isn’t far away at all by the looks of things. Other side of the university.

LATEST UPDATE 19.25:

'A man is in the loft and refusing to come out'

According to our reporter, the house at the centre of tonight’s investigation was empty but has been “taken over” by a group of men. There are reports that a man is holed up in the loft of the property.

One neighbour said: “We heard the police shout ‘show yourself’. “The police had dogs which they took inside the house. “A man has gone up in the loft and told police he is not coming out.”

It’s also been alleged that tiles have been thrown at police officers this evening as part of the incident.

Looks like a false alarm as far as finding Libby is concerned.

Hmm not been on for a while but come back to this and taken me all day to catch up. Some very valid points raised. I wonder if police will release cctv at any point. Also has it been clarified whether police have spoken to the taxi driver yet.. Would be useful to know if Libby had mentioned anything to him (I like to chat to taxi drivers when I've had a bit to drink). Also thinking about taxis... When I'm going home alone in a taxi regardless of whether I've been drinking or not I always get my fare and keys ready before I get to destination. I know Libby was put into a taxi by her friend so the friend may have paid for the taxi in advance but it'd be interesting to know whether she had her keys when in the taxi or mentioned them at all

If she is not in any of the places you have looked, she must be someplace you didn't look or didn't expect. She may well have used those alley ways to get out of the breeze. I think after an hour outside at -5 in a light jacket her survival instinct would kick in. Going to a friends house or going home to knock on a neighbors door makes sense but they would have found her by now. (all of this assumes no foul play). I just wonder if she didn't walk much farther in the wrong direction.

Edited: I wonder if she thought any of the buildings on campus might have been open and headed that way?

They did a search of the campus over the weekend with 200 students and that covered the grounds as well unfortunately. I’m leaning more towards the suggestion of foul play. The man hours of students and police looking for the past 5 days means that every inch of the local area has surely been searched, that means either the search area needs to be expanded or there is some other situation that means the search itself needs to change.

Edit: needs to change in terms of not a search of ground and more towards analysis of any vehicles leaving the area after 12.09am

Hmm not been on for a while but come back to this and taken me all day to catch up. Some very valid points raised. I wonder if police will release cctv at any point. Also has it been clarified whether police have spoken to the taxi driver yet.. Would be useful to know if Libby had mentioned anything to him (I like to chat to taxi drivers when I've had a bit to drink). Also thinking about taxis... When I'm going home alone in a taxi regardless of whether I've been drinking or not I always get my fare and keys ready before I get to destination. I know Libby was put into a taxi by her friend so the friend may have paid for the taxi in advance but it'd be interesting to know whether she had her keys when in the taxi or mentioned them at all
Posters of missing Libby Squire given to taxi firms across Hull

This article states they have spoken to the driver. Haven’t found any further detail yet about the taxi driver’s account of her state of mind.

UPDATE 19.47:

Police confirm incident is not connected to disappearance of Libby

Humberside Police have confirmed that officers are at the scene this evening amid concerns for the safety of two people in a property. It is not connected to the disappearance of Libby Squire.

I was hoping that she had been found alive and being held against her will in this empty house, but sadly not. Still, there is always hope.

Her taxi ride from the welly to Wellesley Avenue should only take 5 mins, it’s just a straight road.

It sounds like this was her second year so I wonder if she’s lived in that property for both years or she changed back in September. She may be more familiar with another area if she’s recently moved.

Even if she didn’t have keys I would like to know if her fellow housemates were all out. I would also expect her to know more students that would be nearby that she could have gone and stayed with. Some students stay in or do their own thing with another group.

There was a similar missing person case a couple years ago, I can't remember her name, sadly. Young woman in the UK walked away from a club late night and was found in a creek a week or so later. I think it was also very cold, and there was speculation that she might have tried to get away or hide from someone who might have been following her. The thing is she had walked quite far and was found in an area she was not expected to be. Not sure if I recall all the details correctly. Does someone remember the case? @CoverMeCagney perhaps?

There was a similar missing person case a couple years ago, I can't remember her name, sadly. Young woman in the UK walked away from a club late night and was found in a creek a week or so later. I think it was also very cold, and there was speculation that she might have tried to get away or hide from someone who might have been following her. The thing is she had walked quite far and was found in an area she was not expected to be. Not sure if I recall all the details correctly. Does someone remember the case? @CoverMeCagney perhaps?

I mentioned this one further up thread

It was Caroline Everest - Sheffield Hallam

A man was arrested on suspicion of rape in connection with her disappearance but I don't think any charges were brought and her death was ruled as accidental.

It was only 2 days after she went missing that she was found though apparently

Caroline Everest inquest rules Sheffield teenager 'died from hypothermia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members