Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The links are around page 70 - 75 of the previous thread and come from the (UK) Daily Telegraph. Sorry I don’t have the link myself as it’s too tricky for me on my mobile phone. The sister says - in her brothers defence - that he gave Libby a life and put her address in his satnav but she made advances towards him which he rejected as he’s a married man. Or words to that effect.

Posters responding to the article found her comments and these statements hard to believe - like a thought too hard about excuse concocted to explain the possible presence of DNA. It’s all there at the end of the previous thread before the discussion of reports of screaming.

thank you I did find it .. we were posting at the same time

It’s good everyone has there opinions my thinking is killing someone because they made a pass at you? could be a bit steep what was he worried about his wife finding out and flipping out? really over some stranger making a pass at you in the car he could have just dropped her off at home and told his wife the truth about what happened? she would have gotten over it or will his wife flip out over it for picking up strangers and offering them a lift? lol
I don’t think anyone’s saying it’s reasonable to kill someone in these circumstances. But then I don’t think there are many scenarios I could think of where murdering a defenceless and extremely vulnerable young woman is reasonable! But something very serious happened to her.

I think the person or persons that heard the blood curdling screaming is a legitimate witness and that tells us all we have to know about how it was not consensual between them.

I think the person or persons that heard the blood curdling screaming is a legitimate witness and that tells us all we have to know about how it was not consensual between them.

Not only that the other screaming too that went on for at least 15 minutes says to me something sinister happened and your right it was not consensual - either he just flipped out or he been waiting for an opportunity like this ..

If Libby didn't have keys to get into her house, it's possible that she gave the suspect a different address to her home address (i.e. a friend's place she wanted to go to). So that part of his story could be true - ie. that he put an address into his satnav which he believed to be 'her' address. The rest of his story, however, reeks of him innocentizing why he's got her dna all over him. I know innocentizing isn't a real word, but you know what I mean.

If Libby didn't have keys to get into her house, it's possible that she gave the suspect a different address to her home address (i.e. a friend's place she wanted to go to). So that part of his story could be true - ie. that he put an address into his satnav which he believed to be 'her' address. The rest of his story, however, reeks of him innocentizing why he's got her dna all over him. I know innocentizing isn't a real word, but you know what I mean.

An alternative address is plausible. No point in going home if locked out. Also why would anyone need Sat Nav for an address two streets away.

<modsnipped quoted post>
I was thinking more of the arrested man's facebook profile pic really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also worth remembering that the detention clock does not start when a suspect is arrested it starts when the detention is authorised at whichever station he was taken to. That can easily be an hour or more later than the arrest time.

So we could be looking at 10am or later before any news of an extension is available.

Another important thing that has to be taken into consideration is the mental/physical state the person who has been brought in for questioning as the 24 hours in custody can be paused. Just until the police doctor gives the all clear and deemed fit for questioning and the 24 hours or more can continue.

I wonder what state he was in when he got home.
Did his wife awaken? If she noted he was late and if he was disheveled, did she question him? If so, is that when he told her his tall tale?
Did he have scratches or bruises (I bet the authorities would have immediately check that out).
What about his shoes or boots? Unusually dirty?

And regarding the "she threw herself on me"...really, if he was freaked out, why not let her out of the car right then and there?
of course that will be his defense....I got her out of the car and she ran off

I wonder what state he was in when he got home.
Did his wife awaken? If she noted he was late and if he was disheveled, did she question him? If so, is that when he told her his tall tale?
Did he have scratches or bruises (I bet the authorities would have immediately check that out).
What about his shoes or boots? Unusually dirty?

And regarding the "she threw herself on me"...really, if he was freaked out, why not let her out of the car right then and there?

Perhaps he did.

Is it just me or does Libby's reported behaviour seem more like someone that has been drugged rather than being extremely drunk?
'Drugged' implies by someone. Or do you mean 'on drugs'? If 'drugged', when and by whom? at the pre-drinks session? and if so why? If someone wanted to take advantage of her by drugging her, surely they'd remain in her presence, not allow her to go off in a taxi. She could have been 'on drugs' of some sort, I guess, but so what? Drunk/on drugs, she was in a vulnerable state and something terrible has happened to her.

I reckon she was disappointed after being refused entry to the nightclub and decided to look for fun elsewhere after sobering up a little. The guy could have been returning from his night shift, spotted her sitting there, and offered her to go somewhere to smoke a joint or hang out. She was drunk and probably wanted to stay out longer so likely obliged and got into the car. A lift home from the bench isn’t exactly necessary, she was only a few minutes walking distance from her road. The fact he told his sister she "threw herself on me" means they spent some time together. Its very likely the intention was sexual on his part.

I would personally be surprised if he intended to murder her, I think its more likely they drove somewhere, ended up having sex and he either left her there or deliberately hurt her. She may have also sobered up, panicked and ran off.

He definitely knows something.

'Drugged' implies by someone. Or do you mean 'on drugs'? If 'drugged', when and by whom? at the pre-drinks session? and if so why? If someone wanted to take advantage of her by drugging her, surely they'd remain in her presence, not allow her to go off in a taxi. She could have been 'on drugs' of some sort, I guess, but so what? Drunk/on drugs, she was in a vulnerable state and something terrible has happened to her.

I meant drugged by someone.

There are some evil people who think it's funny to do that kind of thing. Not because they want to take advantage, just to watch the person struggle to deal with it.

I meant drugged by someone.

There are some evil people who think it's funny to do that kind of thing. Not because they want to take advantage, just to watch the person struggle to deal with it.
I guess it's possible. But surely her friend who has lived with her for 2 years would know the difference between very drunk Libby and Libby who's been slipped something against her will wouldn't you think?

I guess it's possible. But surely her friend who has lived with her for 2 years would know the difference between very drunk Libby and Libby who's been slipped something against her will wouldn't you think?

If she was in a bad enough state to not be allowed into a night club in Hull she was a complete mess. I would hope a friend would do more than shove me in a cab if I was that incapacitated. It is very hard to tell the difference between someone that is extremely drunk and someone that's been drugged.

Detectives have sealed off Paweł Rełowicz's rented house and towed away his silver Vauxhall Astra after they arrested a 24-year-old man on suspicion of abducting the missing Hull student, 21.

His sister Paulina Szymanska, 28, who is living in Poland, said: 'I can't believe it and I hope it's a bad dream.'

She told The Sun: 'We come from big, poor, but wonderful family. Our parents raised us to be good, hard-working people.

'He could never do such a thing. I really hope police will find this poor girl and that it's a big misunderstanding.'

His mother Marzena added: 'He was a good, quiet guy, helping around the house. He never caused any trouble.'

Sister of Polish butcher arrested over disappearance of Libby Squire insists he's innocent | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther