Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drugging seems unlikely. College-aged people probably don’t waste their drugs on others without a reason, i.e if they had plans to harm her. And this seems much more like a random encounter after she went away in the taxi. Jmo

Agree with the random encounter after she went home.

Was just speculating on what got her into that state. At 21 you'd expect her to have some experience of drinking and therefore know how to handle herself. However if someone had drugged or spiked her drinks she may have been caught unaware.

I don't understand how drunk/drugged is relevant. Whatever happened to Libby could have just as easily happened had she been sober and it does.
Sober, she could have decided to leave the club earlier than her friends. She could have realised she'd forgotten her keys and sat on the bench feeling defeated and upset whilst considering her options. A man could have stopped his car and somehow persuaded her or forced her to get in and something dreadful could have then happened. 'Caught unaware' and 'handled herself' suggests there was something the poor girl could have done to avoid this whole thing from happening to her. No. As a lone woman, especially late at night, sadly she is already at risk, no matter how 'aware' or able to 'handle herself' she is.

I don't understand how drunk/drugged is relevant. Whatever happened to Libby could have just as easily happened had she been sober and it does.
Sober, she could have decided to leave the club earlier than her friends. She could have realised she'd forgotten her keys and sat on the bench feeling defeated and upset whilst considering her options. A man could have stopped his car and somehow persuaded her or forced her to get in and something dreadful could have then happened. 'Caught unaware' and 'handled herself' suggests there was something the poor girl could have done to avoid this whole thing from happening to her. No. As a lone woman, especially late at night, sadly she is already at risk, no matter how 'aware' or able to 'handle herself' she is.

Nowhere in any post have I attempted to blame Libby for what has happened, it is wrong for you to suggest I have.

Have you ever had your drinks spiked?

Have you ever been drugged in a bar or club?

Unfortunately I have personal experience of both things.

Really unpleasant, in both cases was totally unaware until the next day.

Nowhere in any post have I attempted to blame Libby for what has happened, it is wrong for you to suggest I have.
Why are you offering that someone could have drugged her for fun and 'caught her unaware', that her friends should have done more than just put her in a taxi, that she must have been a 'mess' and should have known how to 'handle herself' if not that you believe that something could have been done to prevent this from happening, either by Libby or her friends?

There's no reason to believe Libby was drugged.

I also don't see how bickering about whether the man in custody looks like anyone is useful. You can make the point that he would appear nonthreatening to Libby without comparisons to other criminals.

And I agree, she would likely assume he's another university student. I think she'd be more likely trust him than the older, bearded man. Unfortunately.

It’s good everyone has there opinions my thinking is killing someone because they made a pass at you? could be a bit steep what was he worried about his wife finding out and flipping out? really over some stranger making a pass at you in the car he could have just dropped her off at home and told his wife the truth about what happened? she would have gotten over it or will his wife flip out over it for picking up strangers and offering them a lift? lol

I think the point is that someone in this position might attempt to admit to the least of what they might get caught for. So if they're fearful they were caught on CCTV/dashcam pulling up to a girl and her getting into their car, then they might explain it as "I was being a good person offering to help her get home!"

So why would someone include the part about the girl 'making a pass' at him? As that info seems unnecessary to the story of giving a strange girl a simple lift home, it might imply that something similar but different happened... Maybe someone saying something like this is trying to get in a 'plausible explanation' for something else they anticipate might be found.

Have you ever had your drinks spiked?

Have you ever been drugged in a bar or club?

Unfortunately I have personal experience of both things.

Really unpleasant, in both cases was totally unaware until the next day.
Well, I'm sorry to hear that. But did you have friends with you who were completely oblivious to the fact that you were not behaving normally?

As my post seems to have been missed in the noise of the bickering, I'll ask again, has anyone got personal experience of being spiked or drugged. I do, that is why I am suggesting there are parallels.

Nope, I had friends that took me to hospital.
So they could tell the difference between you being very drunk vs. something way more sinister. That was the point I was trying to make about Libby in response to your idea that perhaps she'd been drugged. Surely her friends would have spotted there was something very wrong with her.

So they could tell the difference between you being very drunk vs. something way more sinister. That was the point I was trying to make about Libby in response to your idea that perhaps she'd been drugged. Surely her friends would have spotted there was something very wrong with her.

It would depend on the timeframe, it kind of creeps up on you. I think the key factor in this instance was that she was separated from her friends at the point when they went to the club. Had they been around to witness her behaviour I would speculate that they would realise something was not right.

As my post seems to have been missed in the noise of the bickering, I'll ask again, has anyone got personal experience of being spiked or drugged. I do, that is why I am suggesting there are parallels.

It sounds as though she had a lot to drink pre-drinks with a group of friends and then was rejected at the club. Unlikely there had been much of a chance to drug her. If we are talking about the likes of rohypnol, her actions such as walking around, telling the first driver who has been cleared of this she is OK and if her, the screams, do not really match up.

I believe she was just severely intoxicated but another factor is at play as to why she was so distressed.

It would depend on the timeframe, it kind of creeps up on you. I think the key factor in this instance was that she was separated from her friends at the point when they went to the club. Had they been around to witness her behaviour I would speculate that they would realise something was not right.
She was separated from her friends when they went to the club? I thought the young man interviewed (in the blue jacket) said they were in various groups, but I got the sense that Libby was in a group with her best friend, who said she was 'too drunk' or words to that effect.

It sounds as though she had a lot to drink pre-drinks with a group of friends and then was rejected at the club. Unlikely there had been much of a chance to drug her. If we are talking about the likes of rohypnol, her actions such as walking around, telling the first driver who has been cleared of this she is OK and if her, the screams, do not really match up.

I believe she was just severely intoxicated but another factor is at play as to why she was so distressed.

Unless the dose is extremely high, someone would be perfectly capable of walking around, interacting etc. Their inhibitions would most likely be reduced and there is a strong likelihood that they will have a complete blackspot in their memory the next day. GHB would be far more likely than Rohypnol (which is hard to get hold of). The effects of GHB are almost identical to alcohol.

She was separated from her friends when they went to the club? I thought the young man interviewed (in the blue jacket) said they were in various groups, but I got the sense that Libby was in a group with her best friend, who said she was 'too drunk' or words to that effect.

I don't mean her friends went off to the club and left her somewhere. From what has been said she didn't get into the club and was posted home in a cab. Her friends did not go with her. They were separated at that point.

I agree that she pre-drank (too much) and that it's unlikely she was drugged at a studenty pre-drinks session. I also agree that had she been drugged she wouldn't have had the wherewithall to sit on a bench and make sense to the first driver, nor put up a fight and scream (if that was her). But if I speculate that she discovered that she didn't have her key and given she didn't have her phone either... and she's miserable, cold and drunk... that would be enough to sit on a bench and be distressed without there needing to be another factor.

So why would someone include the part about the girl 'making a pass' at him? As that info seems unnecessary to the story of giving a strange girl a simple lift home, it might imply that something similar but different happened... Maybe someone saying something like this is trying to get in a 'plausible explanation' for something else they anticipate might be found.

Yes good point. I think we heard this only because his sister talked to the media right? I wonder what he himself told LE during questioning. Same story? Different version? Others previously suggested that he might have said this to explain her dna on his clothes - and maybe scratches on his arms/face, and his dna on her in case they find her?

I wonder what he told LE what happened next. But maybe he doesn't talk at all.

I agree that she pre-drank (too much) and that it's unlikely she was drugged at a studenty pre-drinks session. I also agree that had she been drugged she wouldn't have had the wherewithall to sit on a bench and make sense to the first driver, nor put up a fight and scream (if that was her). But if I speculate that she discovered that she didn't have her key and given she didn't have her phone either... and she's miserable, cold and drunk... that would be enough to sit on a bench and be distressed without there needing to be another factor.

Yeah, it all relies on the key part. I can see how that would make you panic and going to the bench was probably looking for a safer area to wait for her house mates to come home rather than around the street near your house. People tend to leave the club around 3am and that's what she probably had to wait for.

As I said in the first thread, there are too many poorly lit parks and streets in the UK. Statistically, you are more or less safe, but if its wrong place/wrong time, those areas do not help.

I'm so sorry things seem to be heading in the direction they are. Poor Libby and family (and friends). A whole life ahead of her.

Like many, not sure what to make of suspect. He's gonna do really well to explain this intersection of events (dna, sister's statement etc). The truth could simply lie in his subsequent Internet searches, *when* he inputted Libby's postcode, wife's version of his movements et al. This might not be a hard one for police. And yet, stranger things have happened. Wrongly accused folks can also be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But optics not good!

I think, regardless, the truth will tell when they find Libby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther