Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at it.

But as a lot of it in polish only had a quick glance.

I had meant to ask a polish guy I know what he thought of it but it was gone by the time I saw him.
Apologies if this has been asked before - would cctv have caught her on the bench there? If so, I wonder why they haven't released that to the public?
yes I wondered this too. If they have LS sitting on the bench and assuming it’s a static camera (apologies if this has already been discussed) would they not have an image of whoever was walking back to the parked car in Haworth or even the possible LS being walked or carried to the car?

Is it possible that the motorist who stopped to see if she was ok had a dash cam in his car so they said that was the last sighting of her?

Is there any point to over analysing her drunken state? We know she'd been drinking. She seemingly vanished out of thin air so how that happened is the relevant puzzle in my opinion.
Whether she was steaming drunk or just a bit tipsy, she was alone and vulnerable.

As for the search in the scrubland, maybe they are looking for possessions or a weapon. Cutting the brambles would make that easier.
There isn't now! Originally the footage was really grainy and so it wasn't that clear if she appeared drunk at all. But the daily.mail updated it where it's clearer and she does look drunk in the footage since it's clearer and has been extended

yes I wondered this too. If they have LS sitting on the bench and assuming it’s a static camera (apologies if this has already been discussed) would they not have an image of whoever was walking back to the parked car in Haworth or even the possible LS being walked or carried to the car?

The camera I assume they have seen her on is situated at the cross road junction of Beverley Road and Cottingham/Clough Rd. It is a police erected camera that can be moved to focus on any target 360°

Ok - I am a first time poster here but have been lurking for months and this case has really got me hooked because I have daughters the same age and it is so confusing.

In order for the police to arrest PR they must know information they are not sharing and also the same goes for them searching the park as much as they are doing.

I have watched the CCTV spiderweb footage so many times on slow speed and it certainly looks like a female with long hair gets into the passenger side of the car before he drives off, but the car looks different to the one they took away from PR’s house. How can we be certain that car has anything to do with this? The police say she was not seen since the bench and they haven’t mentioned anything about her in a car, so is that all part of the information they are holding back? And why haven’t they asked for the car people and the cyclist to come forward because they might have seen something being so near the bench around the corner or am I missing something here?

Gosh, just caught up on this thread from a couple days ago. I noticed the article, link below, was updated today.

Polish butcher pleads not guilty to sex act in Libby Squire's street | Daily Mail Online

The "Polish Butcher" sounds like a perv. That is not good. And he drives a taxi part time. I have to wonder if she may have previously known him/met or if he was stalking her as some of the "kinky" things he is being detained for occurred on Libby's Street, or near her home.

I watched the club video. Libby, imo, is extremely intoxicated. I watched the full video, once I found it, and she is stumbling terribly.

I also agree with the poster above that was not happy that friends sent her alone in the taxi. I just do not think that is cool at all. A Pub server in Canada a couple years back. told me if they cut someone off or refuse service to someone a taxi would be called (obviously if the patron allowed) and the server would ride with the person in the taxi to make sure they made it safely to their destination. They would never put the person in a taxi alone.

This is such an interesting and perplexing missing person case/situation. I hope that she is recovered and my prayers are for her and her family. It is a shame the number young adults that when drunk (when alone or on their own) end up dead or missing.

The camera I assume they have seen her on is situated at the cross road junction of Beverley Road and Cottingham/Clough Rd. It is a police erected camera that can be moved to focus on any target 360°

It's 130 metres from that junction to the bench though, and the bench is set back a bit. Could they have got clear enough footage from that distance? Clear enough to confirm it was Libby?

I personally reckon the 11:40 timing of her being on the bench came from a passing bus or other vehicle with dashcam.

There isn't now! Originally the footage was really grainy and so it wasn't that clear if she appeared drunk at all. But the daily.mail updated it where it's clearer and she does look drunk in the footage since it's clearer and has been extended

but we knew she was drunk since the start as she was turned away from the club and police would have talked to her friends and established how she was. Maybe I was being oversensitive but some people seemed to be focussing on it.

Ok - I am a first time poster here but have been lurking for months and this case has really got me hooked because I have daughters the same age and it is so confusing.

In order for the police to arrest PR they must know information they are not sharing and also the same goes for them searching the park as much as they are doing.

I have watched the CCTV spiderweb footage so many times on slow speed and it certainly looks like a female with long hair gets into the passenger side of the car before he drives off, but the car looks different to the one they took away from PR’s house. How can we be certain that car has anything to do with this? The police say she was not seen since the bench and they haven’t mentioned anything about her in a car, so is that all part of the information they are holding back? And why haven’t they asked for the car people and the cyclist to come forward because they might have seen something being so near the bench around the corner or am I missing something here?

I think there's a lot the police know that we don't and rightly so.

Where they’re looking by the boathouse, I know Libby was drunk and possible not thinking rationally, but I don’t know any girls that would hang around a place like that in the dark alone. It doesn’t make much sense to go there, if she was really stuck for a place to go she could have knocked on a neighbor with lights on or sat on the kerb on her street

My daughter died suddenly last April and wasn't found for 8 hours despite me being in the house. I assumed she'd left and didn't see her under her duvet on the floor. Was texting and trying to ring her all afternoon so the cops took both her phone and mine. Later the Coroner's officer told me they needn't have even taken mine as they could have got everything, even the texts, from my provider within a few days.
I'm so sorry about your daughter Chris. Thank you for the information.

The sharpened video the DM are showing is so much clearer than the first version they posted.
Why can't the same editing be done on the cobweb video?

The Haworth St cctv footage I believe shows a five door similar to PR's. Footage is squashed and elongated making the car appear sportier than in reality. Evident from footage of Renault Megane driving past prior to smoking driver moving towards Beverley Road.

Car in footage has similar alloys, front and rear overhangs and clear driver's side window/tinted rear passenger window as per car towed for forensic examination.

If PR was man seen running from the park he could well have left LS alive at that time. Why run and attract attention if LS is so "vanished" that 12 days of LE searching cannot find her?

Would be interesting to hear local knowledge on lighting near area where LE have been strimming. Is there footpath lighting? Is the industrial area to the north of the river well lit suggesting a safe route to exit for someone who has been assaulted.

Assuming PR's main bugbear is accounting for why his vehicle is missing 12:15 to 12:30 on main route cctv. If he was indeed parked up near Oak Road.

Maybe they don't need to appeal for the cyclist to come forward because he already has??

I think they identified all the people in that cctv very quickly (They had it on the sunday).

Maybe the cyclist had come forward by that time when he heard the appeals.

Police will 100% only tell us the minimum amount they need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard