Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said all along, it would be amazing if another exact same car, colour and spec was in that very same area. It's a massive long shot to be honest. Same wheels as the towed away Astra.

Somebody earlier said they noticed a couple of similar cars down Beresford in one of the videos I posted last night. Can you have a look and give us your thoughts please?

I’ve slowed Libby Squire car cctv footage last 10s down to 10% to help people see alloys clearer and help with make model identification. Hope it helps!

Thanks. When the car is fully reveresed there is a bright white rectangle in the car which appears to go dark as he pulls away. Satnav/phone navigation or passenger on their mobile??? I can't tell how close to the dashboard it looks.

Edited. I see this has been noticed by a few people. Just got in from work and wanted to comment before I lost the post. However if P was taxiing as his mother stated he would need some form of navigation device

Last edited:
Presuming no police in park today then now they are working behind the scenes ?

That is very interesting information Bethp21, thank you. Also for that link. Myself I doubt Libby was the vulnerable type of girl/woman that would be targeted for trafficking - but I have little knowledge of it.

What this raises though imo is that there is a nefarious underworld in the area unknown to people, except those involved, and surely it doesn't stop at trafficking. I hope Libby's disappearance has not become part of this somehow as these people will not help police.
Absolutely. If Libby had been found by now perhaps we wouldn't be going down that road. What makes me think that this is something nefarious is because an opportunist would surely have left some evidence and/or admitted their role in Libby's disappearance.

I don't know if anyone here followed the Kim Wall story but that was an horrific case and demonstrastes an example of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whilst she went onto the perpertraters submarine willingly, and her boyfriend and friends knew exactly where she was it did not deter the perp. It seemed that he could not control his unsavoury sexual urges, even though as soon as Kim was missing he would be the obvious suspect.

This was a very sad and horrific story which shows the darker side of a world that most of us would wish to believe does not exist

All I keep thinking back to is the Rachel Moran case in Hull. She was missing 4 weeks without a trace, until the police stumbled upon her body by chance when they decided to do random house checks on the estate where she had gone missing.

The guy that was convicted is eligible for parole in 9 years time.

I had tea with my friend last night who has a ‘sensitive’ Job in Hull, I don’t want to implicate my friend or myself so will leave what she does as that although it’s not in the Police force, sorry to be vague!

She said that trafficking is rife in Hull and that’s what she thinks that could be what happened to Libby, although she did think Libby was older than the girls who would usually be targeted.

Could the suspect have seen Libby, drunk and vulnerable, made a call/sent a message and she was then bundled into a car/van and driven away?

Not sure if it’s been shared but I found the attached which was interesting! I live 35 mins away from Hull and I didn’t know about this until researching this case. That would be a big story in our area too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....king-number-people-arrested-human-1651912.amp

The thing about trafficking is that it will typically involve vulnerable people rather than middle class Uni students

So for example

- homeless, or people with substance abuse problems
- people with mental disabilities
- children
- other vulnerable people

A significant % of other, is vulnerable foreigners who may be in the UK illegally. So for example, girls from eastern europe, asia, or africa trafficked into the sex industry or made to work in slave conditions because their passports have been taken.

It's obviously difficult to traffick a 21 year old middle class English uni student who will simply contact police as soon as she can

So I don't dispute that it is a significant issue in the UK. But I doubt it is relevant to the case.

All I keep thinking back to is the Rachel Moran case in Hull. She was missing 4 weeks without a trace, until the police stumbled upon her body by chance when they decided to do random house checks on the estate where she had gone missing.

The checks weren't so random, police saw she was being followed near to where she lived so they searched houses in the area and they found her.

Yep.

sadly the perps sometimes just get lucky for weeks, months or years

Absolutely. If Libby had been found by now perhaps we wouldn't be going down that road. What makes me think that this is something nefarious is because an opportunist would surely have left some evidence and/or admitted their role in Libby's disappearance.

He did leave some evidence.

The problem is, if libby is in water, she make tale a long time to turn up.

<mod corrected broken quote>

Observations from watching the slowed down footage on my large screen.

I think he has trainers, long socks and football type shorts on (however when watching it at normal speed looks like cropped jogging bottoms).

But definetly when he sits in the car before driving off it's looser fitting shorts that sit just above the knee (does he change clothes while he is there or take his jogging bottoms off).

I see glasses also but only the quickest glance.

I also think there is a light coloured hood up or cap on his head too.

I can't tell whether the passenger has knee high boots on.

Definatly see what looks looks the light of a mobile phone in the passengers hand as the car drives off and a larger light in the middle of the screen pretty much straight after (possibly both at same time can't make my mind up).

Does he get her to put her address in his phone if he is using it as sat nav?

Although why that would be necessary when it's two minutes away I don't know (maybe a way of putting her mind at ease that he's taking her home)

Great observations! Does he change the bottom half of his clothing and are her fingerprints on his mobile phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

This also bothers me. There was also the case of the young girl (Tia Sharpe ??) who was discovered in a loft which had been searched.

Hence my question earlier which maybe no one knows the answers to but has the same equipment used to detect in lofts etc from outside been used around her digs or just on P's house. How thorough a search has been done on the houses in that area?

The thing about trafficking is that it will typically involve vulnerable people rather than middle class Uni students

So for example

- homeless, or people with substance abuse problems
- people with mental disabilities
- children
- other vulnerable people

A significant % of other, is vulnerable foreigners who may be in the UK illegally. So for example, girls from eastern europe, asia, or africa trafficked into the sex industry or made to work in slave conditions because their passports have been taken.

It's obviously difficult to traffick a 21 year old middle class English uni student who will simply contact police as soon as she can

So I don't dispute that it is a significant issue in the UK. But I doubt it is relevant to the case.
I understand what you saying but Libby wasn't where she would be expected to be as a typical middle-class student that night. I expect she appeared to be a dejected, vulnerable young girl sitting alone on the bench at that time of night in a -5 degree temperature.

I understand what you saying but Libby wasn't where she would be expected to be as a typical middle-class student that night. I expect she appeared to be a dejected, vulnerable young girl sitting alone on the bench at that time of night in a -5 degree temperature.

Does trafficking involve snatching girls off the street in the UK?

Because in my understanding that is not normally how it works

But it's not a traffickers M.O. at all. It would be abducting and not trafficking anyway.
Just google 'trafficking polish UK' and you'll see what actual traffickers do. They take workers from their own country who volunteer to come to the UK and then exploit them when they get here. There are pages and pages of results like that. They don't need to pick up random English girls at night in student areas - it would be a huge risk for them, financially and otherwise.

Admin note:
The topics of race and politics do not belong on this thread. Posting in that manner is a good way to receive a timeout for derailing the thread. Keep the discussion on the details of Libby's disappearance.

I am so interested to know (and may never find out) whether PR went to work between the disappearance and his arrest. It’s a long drive and passes lots of rural spots. IF someone else is involved he may have used their car to dump evidence along that route.
The way the Sun are offering a reward and the police are saying ‘it’s not too late to come forward’ makes me think they’re appealing to someone who knows PR not a random member of the public. Perhaps LE suspect he has borrowed a friend’s car? Searching hedgerow etc on the route to his work would take huge amount of manpower and at this point it’s lookinf like someone stumbling across ‘evidence’ is only way a breakthrough may happen.
JMO

Yeh maybe the abducter saw a staggering girl mubbling to herself with scars all over her and thought she was a low hanging junky sex worker , it was only later when they turned the tv on and saw the media sxxt storm they realisied the wasps nest they had stirred up.
If that is the case and someone has got her the best thing they can do is just release her , maybe they are thinking they can let PR take the rap and Libby stays vanished but the police arnt going to give up , they would be best off just letting Libby go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes