Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She seemed unusually upset if she was sitting on a bench crying her eyes out, why was she? i doubt it because she upset she got banned from a pub/club, and the fact she was way more drunk than her friends would suggest that either she is a lightweight compared to them or she was drinking heavily to drown her sorrows and consumed way more than them at pre drinks
I'm not sure that it's a fact that she was crying. I think the word was "distressed" which could cover falling over or being sick.

As for being more intoxicated than the others, that could also be a result of mixing drinks, or drinking while on medication.

It crossed my mind too that she knew he used to illegally taxi drive in that area
As far as I'm aware, there's been no evidence that he did taxi work, legal or otherwise.

Is there any realistic chance that LS and PR could have been in a relationship? it has been suggested in this thread that they frequented the same gym so could well have known each other

She seemed unusually upset if she was sitting on a bench crying her eyes out, why was she? i doubt it because she upset she got banned from a pub/club, and the fact she was way more drunk than her friends would suggest that either she is a lightweight compared to them or she was drinking heavily to drown her sorrows and consumed way more than them at pre drinks

It did cross my mind that maybe they knew each other well before that night and they either had an argument that day or previous day that she was agitated about or she found out about his wife and kids

It crossed my mind too that she knew he used to illegally taxi drive in that area so she went to that bench in the hope he would see her and stop and hopefully patch things up or she wanted to have it out with him about his wife and kids

And then he saw her, stopped, suggested lets talk in the park and things got out of hand

This has crossed my mind too. I don’t think it should be ruled out. I know when it was chatted about in earlier threads it was dismissed because ‘why wouldn’t she go for someone her own age’ or words to that effect.

Older guys can seem attractive and as has been mentioned before, Polish guys can be very charming.

They possibly went to the same gym and he could well have been on dating apps - many married guys are. They could have known each other.

It’s certainly a consideration.

Is there any realistic chance that LS and PR could have been in a relationship? it has been suggested in this thread that they frequented the same gym so could well have known each other

It did cross my mind that maybe they knew each other well before that night and they either had an argument that day or previous day that she was agitated about or she found out about his wife and kids

It crossed my mind too that she knew he used to illegally taxi drive in that area so she went to that bench in the hope he would see her and stop and hopefully patch things up or she wanted to have it out with him about his wife and kids

And then he saw her, stopped, suggested lets talk in the park and things got out of hand

Definitely a possibility

Thank you for clarifying. :) So absolutely no possibility of a car behind parked up down there. So if anything was on the path behind running guy, must have been either a person or animal. I really hope the running guy comes forward and tells the police whether he heard or saw something that caused him to turn around like that.
No possibility at all there are bollards as stated i was there myself today

This has crossed my mind too. I don’t think it should be ruled out. I know when it was chatted about in earlier threads it was dismissed because ‘why wouldn’t she go for someone her own age’ or words to that effect.

Older guys can seem attractive and as has been mentioned before, Polish guys can be very charming.

They possibly went to the same gym and he could well have been on dating apps - many married guys are. They could have known each other.

It’s certainly a consideration.

She is 21 and he 24 so only 3 years difference, nothing in the grand scheme of things, i know people within my own family, people i work with, friends, with bigger age gaps than that

If it was grey beard man under suspicion i would agree that this theory would be far fetched but 21 and 24 is a mimimal age gap

I'm not sure that it's a fact that she was crying. I think the word was "distressed" which could cover falling over or being sick.

As for being more intoxicated than the others, that could also be a result of mixing drinks, or

I did just find this that I hadn't seen before. It says itv said the CCTV footage was a central part of the police's investigation.

Police searching for Libby Squire 'focus on CCTV of man in car'

I think this portion of that article is key:

Attachments

• D1F70033-E498-43DB-A2E0-05D376222A79.png
    D1F70033-E498-43DB-A2E0-05D376222A79.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 66

Working on the theory of him maybe knowing her from the gym. Has he maybe developed a fixation with her and followed her home one day to know where she lives. Taking it a step further with the act carried out in her street shortly before she went missing and the possibly been waiting in/near her street to see her but when she walked away from the door took the opportunity to try and take (the relationship) further. As already been discussed, possibly knowing him she maybe felt safe but the postcode in the satnav gave the impression he didn't know where she lived.

All this is just another theory rather than fact based

One thing I want to add (and I know it’s been mentioned but rubbished on here) are the fifteen minutes of screams. I honestly believe this is a fox that has been mistaken. I work at an animal rescue centre and we have had to provide a recording to our police as they get calls about women being attacked or in distress...only for a on heat vixen to be the cause.

I thought the way the witness used the word "pattern" ("Because of this pattern I thought I must be dreaming") might support your theory as fox calls are quite spaced, aren't they? We have a colony at the back of our garden and the first time I heard them on a winter night I was bemused. Ours sound like wheezy smokers coughing rather than screaming women though.

I was amazed by this case when it happened but sadly have been away with a personal issue so wasn’t following the news. What amazes me is how confused the timeline and investigation is. We have very limited confirmed information and reading back on the news it seems each day it’s another half idea to what has happened.

One thing I want to add (and I know it’s been mentioned but rubbished on here) are the fifteen minutes of screams. I honestly believe this is a fox that has been mistaken. I work at an animal rescue centre and we have had to provide a recording to our police as they get calls about women being attacked or in distress...only for a on heat vixen to be the cause.

It’s on green land, near a water source, at night and is intermittent for fifteen minutes. It doesn’t fit a prolonged attack that has apparently left no evidence or confirmed sighting of a woman.

For those saying wouldn’t locals recognise it. The answer is no. Depending on the Fox territory, breeding cycle and proximity of a male, this may be something you just wouldn’t hear. It’s worse for urban foxes as they are being displaced and may be new to areas.

If that isn’t screaming from the park, then it appears the investigation has gone off course very quickly.

The only thing that makes me doubt the fox call theory is that a man was witnessed running out of the park after hearing the screams, unless he was running from the fox calls or just on a late night jog. I’m not personally familiar with fox noises but I did listen to a few YouTube videos so I could get a sense of what they sound like, and though I agree they would wake you up and maybe could be mistaken for a human scream I personally wouldn’t call it “bloodcurdling” like the witness did, by like I said I’m going off a few YouTube videos. We all hear things differently and it’s impossible to say what noise was heard without actually hearing it.

The allotments are behind a high, locked gate.

Well whatever happened, it happened out of anyones view, because from the moment she got dropped off by her house, to when she sat on the bench, several people seen (and remembered) her including…

A. The taxi man
B. People on her road seen her stumble past her house
C. Bearded man
D. The person who potentially picked her up

Because something happened in the vicinity of her house where nobody seen anything, so its either in a car, the back of the park, somewhere along the drain, or the allotments. The car is being forensically examined, the river and park searched, the drain searched. So it is reasonable to say he somehow had a way into the allotments. Its full of hiding places, its empty at night, and PR is familiar with the area and happens to be good at breaking into places. It should definitely be checked at least to eliminate it from the search.

I was amazed by this case when it happened but sadly have been away with a personal issue so wasn’t following the news. What amazes me is how confused the timeline and investigation is. We have very limited confirmed information and reading back on the news it seems each day it’s another half idea to what has happened.

It’s on green land, near a water source, at night and is intermittent for fifteen minutes. It doesn’t fit a prolonged attack that has apparently left no evidence or confirmed sighting of a woman.

For those saying wouldn’t locals recognise it. The answer is no. Depending on the Fox territory, breeding cycle and proximity of a male, this may be something you just wouldn’t hear. It’s worse for urban foxes as they are being displaced and may be new to areas.

If that isn’t screaming from the park, then it appears the investigation has gone off course very quickly.
As the son and father live near to the park i am sure they will have heard vixens on heat many times, they do sound like a human scream on first hearing but once you hear it again you can tell its a fox

Is there any realistic chance that LS and PR could have been in a relationship?

I just don't see this, myself. She's in second year, with a ready-made social life via uni networks, and loads of potential shags in her peer group. What does she have in common with a married Polish meatpacker who works in a factory an hour away? What would his friends have in common with hers? Town/gown relationships were not common when I was at uni. Why go to all that trouble?

The only thing I can think of, is his mum said he was religious and she's studying Philosophy and Religion but that is stretching it!

I just don't see this, myself. She's in second year, with a ready-made social life via uni networks, and loads of potential shags in her peer group. What does she have in common with a married Polish meatpacker who works in a factory an hour away? What would his friends have in common with hers? Town/gown relationships were not common when I was at uni. Why go to all that trouble?

The only thing I can think of, is his mum said he was religious and she's studying Philosophy and Religion but that is stretching it!
I don't think they would have been in a relationship. But maybe she would like him because he's different! Can't imagine the boys studying religion being too wild!

Or . . She might just love bacon and the potential freebies involved with dating a bacon packer.

Anyone local able to say how big the Polish community is in Hull and who the major employer's are in the area ,

Anyone local able to say how big the Polish community is in Hull and who the major employer's are in the area ,

England and Wales should look like this normally....

Poles in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Edit: Not a local BTW. Southampton (near me) has a significant Polish population. The Shirley area of the city is now commonly known as 'Shirlski'.

Do police have to grant permission to media? I can’t imagine that being true but maybe in UK?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member