Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My impression was that the sun were instrumental in getting the haworth cctv footage. They responsibly referred it to the police , the police edited to prevent prejudicing any investigation and let them publish the resulting version. The editing probably included editing out clearer views of the main suspect PR , the police are obviously certain PR is the correct person.
From humberside.police.uk "“The investigation is very much ongoing and active, with one man continuing to remain under investigation while we further our enquiries. "
Id take what the electrical firm said with a grain of salt , they arnt going to say , "hey we sold it to the sun for a few shillings"

It was ITV who released the Haworth footage, not the Sun. You can tell how pissed Sun was about this from the way they go on about their own probably irrelevant CCTV scoop (of a different car in Newland Ave)!

Sadly, opportunistic burglaries like this are quite common. :-(
I imagine every thing will seem so heightened at the minute though.
I’d be interested to know if there’s an increase in police reports in the aftermath of incidents like LS’s.

There was obviously an increased police presence in the area immediately afterwards. Massively so. That's dropped off now, but you still see police around slightly more than pre LS.

If anyone has a link to Strontium's fantastic post on lighting levels in the park and riverbank at night I'd like to see it again.

I feel there was a good possibility PR had to return to the park to retrieve an item he had dropped. LE seem to think the later Croda CCTV "witnesses" have something to offer despite being 45 mins + after the man was seen running from the park.

When PR returned did he feel it was safe to conduct a search because he knew LS would not be in the park receiving assistance from a concerned member of the public or emergency services. Ie he knew she was already in the river?

Have been away for nearly two weeks during which time the heartbreaking discovery of Libby's body was made. My heart goes out to her family and friends, all of whom have spoken with such dignity. Similarly on WS there have been so many postings of great kindness and genuine sympathy. Well done!
I have spent a long time playing catch up and, for now, wanted to research a question posed about 10 days ago by @Winterbells about local fishing opportunities.
In the Daily Mail online article of 9th Feb 2019 which included an interview with PR's mother, she was quoted as describing him as a quiet and kind family man who has a passion for hockey and fishing. I have seen online evidence of a large fishing and leisure lake location about 3 miles east of their village.
I have researched local fishing websites and found one for Hull & District Anglers Association, which you may find of interest. On the "Venues" tab, the list includes Oak Road Pond with a page of supporting information and directions to the pond which at first I found a little chilling. It covers parking and times. (Generally fishing must stop at 9:30pm each day.) Apparently, H&DAA are supported by the local council and users must register by on-line membership or day-pass. Members' details are stored on a database and subject to strict privacy codes.
I'm posting this to suggest a possible connection to this case, whereby a passionate angler could build up an intimate knowledge of the one acre pond and the surrounding Beresford Park. It is of course very close to the River Hull.
Now back to catch-up!
Thanks for this, @Eyes Wide Open
I can't stop thinking about the fishing link, myself.

Good question. They never asked for help identifying anyone on the footage, so it wasn't for that purpose. It doesn't categorically show Libby being abducted (ie you can't see her face), so it's not "last seen" footage which is often released in missing person cases.

I'd love to know if the electrical company gave it to the police or ITV initially. Because if they gave it to police, as you'd expect/hope, the police must have authorised its release (edited).
Perhaps it was just the polices way of letting us connect the dots between PR and Libby, without actually saying it.

I linked to this yesterday because it may shed some light on when and how spidercam footage reached the police and ITV:

"The Haworth Street footage was captured by cameras overlooking steel gates to an electrical firm.

Staff checked it after Libby was reported missing and alerted cops.

But workers there are fuming detectives took so long to reveal it.

One said: “We couldn’t understand why it wasn’t published straight away by the police.

“If it was my daughter I would have it everywhere.

“Surely they have had enough time to examine it, obtain the licence plate and do checks to find out where it went.

"Time is of the essence. They always talk about the golden hour in investigations. They’ve had nearly a week.”

CCTV footage emerges of last sighting of missing Libby Squire 'in car with man'

I linked to this yesterday because it may shed some light on when and how spidercam footage reached the police and ITV:

"The Haworth Street footage was captured by cameras overlooking steel gates to an electrical firm.

One said: “We couldn’t understand why it wasn’t published straight away by the police.

“Surely they have had enough time to examine it, obtain the licence plate and do checks to find out where it went.

"Time is of the essence. They always talk about the golden hour in investigations. They’ve had nearly a week.”

IMO they had total disregard for the police investigation.

How could they know what the police were doing with the footage.

It wasn't their place to speculate why it had not been released.

ITV released the Haworth footage on 8th Feb, so I reckon the firm may have passed it to police late on Sunday 3 Feb or Monday 4 Feb, if, by the time of its media release, police had had it "nearly a week". (Just my theory, not gospel!)

This timing might account for the early house searches on Haworth (reported by Hull Live on 2 and 3 Feb), if the police didn't yet have evidence she'd entered a car, and could only see her disappear around the corner from existing CCTV.

There was obviously an increased police presence in the area immediately afterwards. Massively so. That's dropped off now, but you still see police around slightly more than pre LS.
I more meant, do you think people are more likely to report a crime than they would have been before?
It’d be interesting to see if reports spiked immediately after a major crime event.
If they did/do
That either means there could have been more crimes before, people just didn’t feel worth reporting. Ie flashing.
Or it could mean the ones reported afterwards may only being reported as people are on high alert.

Just to confuse things, it could also work in reverse. People could stop being vigilant if they’re sure LE have ‘their man’

I’m a bit lost lol

Do you think the electrical company gave the footage to ITV without LE’s permission because they were “fuming” at police not releasing it?

IMO they had total disregard for the police investigation.

How could they know what the police were doing with the footage.

It wasn't their place to speculate why it had not been released.
I totally agree with this.
I’m sure the family were consulted at every turn and not a case of
‘If it were my daughter....’

Just googled the case that I mentioned happened not far from where I live - it was back in 2000 it happened and he was jailed for 7 years in 2001. I remember it like it was only yesterday. She died during a sex act and he panicked and disposed of her body. He was originally charged with murder but was found guilty of a reduced charge or culpable homicide.

I’m a bit lost lol

Do you think the electrical company gave the footage to ITV without LE’s permission because they were “fuming” at police not releasing it?
I think they might have been. It'd possible they knew they'd passed relevant info to the police and were genuinely upset that the police didn't seem to have acted on it.

I guess the police might find it useful to let people know they have looked at whatever they've given and are dealing with it just to prevent such worries. I noticed that later on they did start stating they wouldn't be releasing CCTV for operational reasons

I think they might have been. It'd possible they knew they'd passed relevant info to the police and were genuinely upset that the police didn't seem to have acted on it.

I guess the police might find it useful to let people know they have looked at whatever they've given and are dealing with it just to prevent such worries. I noticed that later on they did start stating they wouldn't be releasing CCTV for operational reasons

So, if the electrical company released it, who edited it? Them? ITV? Or, could ITV have contacted police and said “this is what we have, what can we show?”

I more meant, do you think people are more likely to report a crime than they would have been before?
It’d be interesting to see if reports spiked immediately after a major crime event.
If they did/do
That either means there could have been more crimes before, people just didn’t feel worth reporting. Ie flashing.
Or it could mean the ones reported afterwards may only being reported as people are on high alert.

Just to confuse things, it could also work in reverse. People could stop being vigilant if they’re sure LE have ‘their man’

Sorry, I misread your original post. Anecdotally and totally un-empirically, yeah, it feels like people are more vigilant now. There's certainly been an increase in social media posts about incidents and reporting in the HDM.

There's been issues with crimes such as burglary in the Newland area in recent years, but it seems like people are also now less tolerant of anti-social behaviour and reporting everything. As they should. I suspect people are quick to post on SM, and less so to report to police - but the latter seems to be changing, thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod