GUILTY UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, teaching asst, found deceased, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *teen arrested* #5

I regard the suggestion that the defendant intended only to do really serious harm rather than to kill as utterly fanciful.

Can anyone find anything else about these quotes in the news? I haven’t heard this mentioned until now. Has the defence admitted it? Surely this is huge if so? I mean, I know he’s already been found guilty, but for the defence to have admitted he did have intent to cause serious bodily harm still feels a big move considering it hasn’t been mentioned before..

Can anyone find anything else about these quotes in the news? I haven’t heard this mentioned until now. Has the defence admitted it? Surely this is huge if so? I mean, I know he’s already been found guilty, but for the defence to have admitted he did have intent to cause serious bodily harm still feels a big move considering it hasn’t been mentioned before..
I don't think it's an admission, it refers to this, but they've only paraphrased the defence QC so we don't know exactly what he said.

There was an intent to kill'
Mr Fenhalls asked the judge to sentence Price on the basis of ‘lesser intent’.

Mrs Justice Yip said: “The injuries to the neck were particularly severe.

“[Home Office pathologist] Dr Carter thought it was not a realistic possibility the neck injuries were all done after death.

“The only conclusion one can draw is there was an intent to kill. If some damage was done after death it must have been done to make sure she was dead.”

Lindsay Birbeck murder retrial: Rocky Price to be sentenced - updates

I think he was just clutching at straws.

I hope she gives a serious amount of time. Although, he does have mental issues, with a very low IQ and autism. So he does have some explanations, that many young killers do not have.

I believe Zoe did see Price. Descriptions of height and age by witnesses are notoriously unreliable.

The description of his grey tracksuit, hood up and hands in pockets are sufficient for me to believe there were not two people with those characteristics hanging around the Coppice on that day at that time.

There was no evidence of another person, even with all the unpublished investigation the police will have done to rule it out.

If there had been any doubt about the police efforts to rule out other possible suspects in the area then the defence would have jumped all over it.

Last edited:
Well it's all finally come to an end. First murder trial I've ever follows from beginning to end and it's been a rollercoaster! I think so many people became hooked on what happened to Lindsay. It was very local to me and I couldn't help bet be drawn in. To see that a young lad of 16 had killed and hid a body in 12 days was horrible. I'm glad justice has been done for Lindsay's family. I do just hope they have the right man...I just have a bad feeling about it all like I've had from day one.

Thanks for all the updates and being welcoming. Hopefully this trial won't be the last one I follow. See u all again hopefully

Well it's all finally come to an end. First murder trial I've ever follows from beginning to end and it's been a rollercoaster! I think so many people became hooked on what happened to Lindsay. It was very local to me and I couldn't help bet be drawn in. To see that a young lad of 16 had killed and hid a body in 12 days was horrible. I'm glad justice has been done for Lindsay's family. I do just hope they have the right man...I just have a bad feeling about it all like I've had from day one.

Thanks for all the updates and being welcoming. Hopefully this trial won't be the last one I follow. See u all again hopefully
Maybe we'll see you on the Libby Squire case. It goes to court in January.
Found Deceased - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

I believe Zoe did see Price. Descriptions of height and age by witnesses are notoriously unreliable.

The description of his grey tracksuit, hood up and hands in pockets are sufficient for me to believe there were not two people with those characteristics hanging around the Coppice on that day at that time.

There was no evidence of another person, even with all the unpublished investigation the police will have done to rule it out.

If there had been any doubt about the police efforts to rule out other possible suspects in the area then the defence would have jumped all over it.

He has his hands in his pocket on the new CCTV as well. I believe it was him because the descriptions are remarkably similar. The height she estimated isn’t far off would have found it hard to estimate his age exactly. I could easily believe he is in his early twenties. She was also in a state of panic.

Thank you for all the updates and your work on this thread,greatly appreciated.
Another interesting case is Leah Croucher.
She is still missing .

Absolute pleasure :)

Yes! I haven’t seen any threads on her, I’ll have to have a look. I remember when she went missing as I have a lot of family local. I’ll have a look for the thread. Thank you.

Absolute pleasure :)

Yes! I haven’t seen any threads on her, I’ll have to have a look. I remember when she went missing as I have a lot of family local. I’ll have a look for the thread. Thank you.

Do you mean family are in Milton Keynes?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alhxo
Back