UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
the prosecution are so smart, I never thought of this but it makes sense why it was basically shredded. but why did it need removing? vomit and blood? because vomit and blood don't come from drowning. jesus, so sick the whole lot
I know.

And if this is the case, and AW did give JC the PJs to dispose of, then she is in it up to her neck basically.

ETA obviously I think she is anyway - I mean the physical evidence would confirm it.

From the reports, it does seem that AW's cross examination is much rougher. It could be that there's more material to work with, lots of conflicting statements. It could be that in order for a jury to convict a mother murdering her child, the prosecutor needs to bring it home. It wasn't momentary or accidental what happened to Logan, but a pattern of abuse by all three including the mother.

Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum admits 'selfish' lies

You were awake and don’t want the jury to know'

Defendant Angharad Williamson is asked about events leading up to and after she claims to have gone to bed on the night of July 30 last year.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said: “You went to bed and took your medication knowing, as your evidence suggests, it would knock you out.” Williamson said: “Yes I was desperate for some sleep.”

Ms Rees said: “And took your hearing aids out?” Williamson said: “I thought it would be okay. Nothing happens in the night so I didn’t think there would be a problem.”

Ms Rees said: “If anything happened in the night what were you going to do about it?”

Williamsons said: “Someone would have had to shake me to wake me up…. I thought Logan was safe because he was asleep.”

Ms Rees said: “John Cole had threatened to kill him that morning.” Williamson said: “I thought Jay was saying it flippantly, I didn’t think he actually meant it.”

Ms Rees said: “You’re lying about being awake.” Williamson said: “No I wasn’t, I don’t know what happened to my son.”

Ms Rees said: “What have you got to hide?” Williamson said: “I wasn’t awake.”

Williamson was asked about the use of her banking app in the early hours of July 31. Ms Rees said: “It was you wasn’t it?” Williamsons said: “No it wasn’t.”

When asked who else could have used it, she said: “Jay Cole.”

Ms Rees said: “You liked Pimple Popper videos didn’t you. That was you wasn’t it?” Williamson said: “No.”

Ms Rees said: “All the other access to Pimple Popper are you but on the 31st it’s others?”

Williamson said: “I can’t tell you all the other times people used my phone.”

Ms Rees said: “It was you using them and accessing them on the night of 31st.”

Williamson said: “No it wasn’t…. I didn’t use my phone, I wasn’t awake.”

The topic is turned to the lights in Logan’s room.

Ms Rees said: “Why was he light coming off and on in Logan’s bedroom on 31st?”

Williamson said: “I don’t know. I wasn’t awake.”

Ms Rees said: “If John Cole and [the youth] leave with Logan’s body, you’re the only person there.”

Williamson said: “If you come back jumping over the wall from the side it doesn’t mean you can be seen on the camera.”

Footage of Cole and the youth leaving 5 Lower Llansantffraid is played to the court.

Williamson is asked to watch but initially refuses. Mrs Justice Jefford tells Williamson she will be asked questions.

Ms Rees said: “Logan’s curtains open, the lights come on. It was you.”

Williamson said: “It was someone else because it wasn’t me. I was asleep.”

She suggested Cole or the youth ran back quickly and turned the lights on.

The defendant added: “I can’t answer the question, it wasn’t me….. I wasn’t doing it and I wasn’t there.”

Ms Rees said: “That is you opening that curtain?” Williamson said: “No it’s not.”

Ms Rees said: “Why won’t you tell the truth?” Williamson said: “I was not involved in my son’s murder, I was not involved in covering up, it’s not me opening the curtains, switching on the lights or anything like that.”

Footage is played of Cole and the youth returning to the property. Ms Rees said: “They appear to leave on the and come back on the path.”

Williamson said: “I cannot tell you what happened, I wasn’t awake. I cannot tell you why they took that route, I wasn’t awake.”

Ms Rees said: “Jumping over walls is absolute lies… You were awake and don’t want the jury to know.”

Williamson said: “No I wasn’t.”

She has changed her story more than once and is contradicting herself so obviously is having a harder time being cross examined.

To be fair if this had happened to u would u remember everything? Especially if I was meant to be your hubby/wife? I don't think I'd remember every detail.

I definitely think she's getting it worse than cole.... But it's too be expected I guess

She repeats herself so often, it stands out as if she's trying to convince herself as much as the jury. JMO, we're obviously clueless on her tone and body language but she really does come across in text as hamming it up. She's losing it a bit, realising she's been caught in too many lies, I reckon.

To be fair if this had happened to u would u remember everything? Especially if I was meant to be your hubby/wife? I don't think I'd remember every detail.

I definitely think she's getting it worse than cole.... But it's too be expected I guess

I think you would remember what your child was wearing the last time you held them. The image would be etched on your brain.

'You’re making up this account to get yourself out of trouble'

Footage is played to the court of lights going on in Logan’s room again after John Cole and the youth have returned to the house in Lower Llansantffraid in the early hours of July 31 last year.

Ms Rees said: “Are you in Logan’s room looking for his pyjama top because you were desperate to get rid of it?” Williamson said: “No I’m not.”

Ms Rees said: “Light comes on again. Is that you searching for incriminating evidence? You watch cop shows, that’s what you told the police.”

Williamson said: “Don’t you think I’d be a bit smarter turning lights on and off?”

Footage shows Cole and the youth leaving the flat again with the dinosaur top.

Ms Rees said: “You’re making up this account to get yourself out of trouble.”

Williamson said: “The boys jumped the wall. I can’t comment because I wasn’t there.”

At 3.17am while Cole and the youth are outside the house the dialler app on Williamson’s phone is accessed.

The defendant said: “I don’t know, I didn’t have my phone.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you for a moment think about ringing for help?”

Williamson said: “No, I wasn’t awake… I wasn’t aware what happened to Logan.”

Ms Rees said: “Your phone is being used to access sites of special interest you have…. The lights and curtains go on in Logan’s room while Cole and [the youth] are out of the house.”

Williamson said: “No they’re out of shot. There are many entrances to my house.”

Ms Rees said: “And the dialler app is being used on your phone.”

Williamson said: “Could have been either of them with their guilt trying to call someone.”

Ms Rees said: “You're lying about being up and that’s to cover up your involvement in your son’s murder.”

Bursting into tears, Williamson said: “I never murdered Logan, I never murdered him, I never laid a finger on him. What you’re implying is disgusting.”

Ms Rees said: “You weren’t asleep at all were you?” Williamson said: “I was…. I didn’t know what happened to my child. Look at that body cam and look at my raw emotions, you can’t fake that.”

Ms Rees said: “You did.”

Williamson said: “No you can’t ….. You can’t fake that after seeing your son’s cold, wet, dead body.”

The defendant denied being responsible for cutting up Logan’s pyjama top.

There’s too much here for the jury to believe IMO. The lights, the curtains, the YouTube’s, the bank app, the jumping over walls - too many coincidences for it not to have been her awake.

As she apparently had no money in her account to pay for her shopping ,it would be interesting to know when her benefits were due to be paid in and whether she was checking her account to see if they had arrived.

With the questioning JC was a dab hand in how to answer questions without giving much away. Even before her arrest it was clear AW has a volatile emotional response, Rees is pushing everyone of those buttons.

If indeed Logan was in a coma slowly dying, can you imagine their terror when the social worker arrived out of the blue?

That's it for me - it was AW's last chance to try to save her son.

But she did nothing.

All 3 guilty of murder for me.

16:02PHILIP DEWEY
'That 999 call is another example how you can turn it on and off'
Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC now refers to the events of July 31, which is the morning Logan’s dead body was found.

Addressing defendant Angharad Williamson, who is in the witness box, Ms Rees said: “When you called 999 you didn’t mention John Cole or the youth in relation to Logan’s disappearance.” Williamson said: “I didn’t think they would be involved.”

Ms Rees mentions Williamson blaming another woman. The prosecutor said: “Did you say to John Cole: ‘Did you do this?’"

Williamson said: “No because I didn’t think he would be capable of doing this….. I never thought he would kill my son, it never crossed my mind.”

The defendant admitted she thought Logan may have run away because of the arguing in the house but said he hadn’t taken his shoes or coat.

Ms Rees said: “Did it cross your mind at all John Cole or [the yout] had anything to do with Logan’s death?” Williamson said: “Not until I saw the footage of him and the youth taking his body.”

Ms Rees said: “That 999 call is another example how you can turn it on and off…. That was agreed with John Cole to cover up [Logan’s] death.”

Williamson said: “I love Logan, I wouldn’t cover this up, I loved him….. I loved Logan, I didn’t do this.”

Ms Rees said: “Why didn’t you mention at all about the incident on Thursday?”

Williamson said: “Because I didn’t think Jay and the youth were capable of killing my child, my little Loges, I didn’t think they were capable of killing my little Loges.”

Ms Rees said: “The three of you managed to cover it up for an hour after the police arrived.”

Williamsons said: “No, I was focusing on finding Logan…. I was trying to get help for people to find him because it was clear he wasn’t in the house.”

Williamson said she didn’t register the tumble dryer being on.

Ms Rees said: “Did you notice his navy bed sheet wasn’t there?”

Williamson said: “No…. I just wanted to know where Logan was.”

The prosecutor said it was a “sham”. Williamson said: “No it was not.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you put the tumble dryer…. Did you put it in the wash to remove blood he vomited up while being assaulted to his abdomen?”

Sobbing, Williamson said: “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member