GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

hmm have to wonder, then, if the arrest was just because they were allowing Lou to live with them and not telling her mum? Does the UK have a specific law like custody interference or does it just fall under kidnap?

That's an interesting question which i'm sure someone knows the legality of. My general understanding is when you are aged 16 in the UK you get more freedoms to do stuff but then again If you are 16 and still in School im sure some strict restrictions still apply.

I now admit as each day passes im losing hope. Without reading any SM im guessing she was with the two kidnap suspects and then when the heat got turned up she ran off. To where she went is the big question. I understand that the search teams, searched the park on Sat and Sun but to no avail. With that i'm still holding out hope

Can you give us a link to the other Louise May FB profile and not the one listed at comment no 52?

At 16 years old you are legally allowed to move out of your parents home. You will not be made to go back home unless you are vulnerable or at risk of harm. Education does not come into it.

I moved from my parents home while in education shortly before my 17th birthday.

At 16 years old you are legally allowed to move out of your parents home. You will not be made to go back home unless you are vulnerable or at risk of harm. Education does not come into it.

I moved from my parents home while in education shortly before my 17th birthday.

Thanks for clearing that up. So the question is what kidnap charges did the two suspects have? Kidnap is generally defined as being taken against your will or without lawful excuse. Im guessing the latter as im sure this situation is complicated.

Can someone clarify that because the suspects got bailed, that they were actually charged? Theres always a difference between getting arrested for an offence and actually being charged for it.

Thanks for clearing that up. So the question is what kidnap charges did the two suspects have? Kidnap is generally defined as being taken against your will or without lawful excuse. Im guessing the latter as im sure this situation is complicated.

Can someone clarify that because the suspects got bailed, that they were actually charged? Theres always a difference between getting arrested for an offence and actually being charged for it.

They weren't charged.

They've been bailed "under investigation" so the Police could still charge them at a later date.

Speaking hypothetically..if a person disappears...no sign of a body or any evidence of death as yet .. but the persons reporting the disappearance have discrepancies in their version of events an arrest for kidnap would normally be a first step I presume?
Obviously this could apply if involved or not

A police spokesman said: ‘The investigation team are carrying out [searches] these in locations we know Louise liked to go or regularly visited in and around the area.’

‘Investigations are ongoing and we remain keen to hear from anyone who may be able to help us locate missing Louise.’
'Huge' search for missing teen Louise Smith moves towards Rowlands Castle

I've no idea who you are referring to.

Same here. I know there are posters deep diving on SM and know a hell of lot more then I do. Im not on SM so will have to rely on WS.

I just read in a article that she was having her boyfriend over to her house for that weekend, so she did have plans. That means her plans could have been changed against her will. Again im just going off the titbits we getting from MSM.

"Friends of the teenager claimed Louise said she was going out for a short time at midday on Friday May 8, when she was expected to return home to spend the weekend with her boyfriend who had arrived to stay."

Search for missing teen turns to lakes and woods as two held for 'kidnap' bailed

Last edited:
Louise Smith's phone was found at Emsworth skate park near Havant in Hampshire two hours after she was last seen at midday on May 8, in Somborne Drive, Havant, Hampshire.

The two people arrested are currently in custody for questioning.

They were arrested after the police carried out house-to-house inquiries and collected CCTV footage.

This article is from a few days ago,but the highlighted - by me - words are interesting. So whatever happened, she no longer had her phone with her from 2pm on that day.

CCTV footage, always so useful.

Its odd because sky are reporting it like this

"The Portsmouth News reported that detectives were able to trace Louise's phone to a skate park in Havant but it has since been turned off and there have been no sightings of her."

I wonder why she travelled that distance to a skate park if only popping out for an hour

Its odd because sky are reporting it like this

"The Portsmouth News reported that detectives were able to trace Louise's phone to a skate park in Havant but it has since been turned off and there have been no sightings of her."

I wonder why she travelled that distance to a skate park if only popping out for an hour

Indeed

And, it takes almost an hour, walking, to get there

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus