UK -Major incident declared - UK anti-terror police investigating possible nerve agent attack, 2018

Strange goings on, wondering if any one of the seized cars had been broken into at some point and things taken?
speculation,imo.
That's possible but Swindon, where one car was wrapped in plastic and carted away, is many miles from Amesbury. Would this couple have traveled that far to burglarize cars?

One of the first responding medics lived in Swindon. Authorities may have taken his car to test for contamination if he left the scene before anyone suspected Novichok.

Mrs Sturgess lived in a homeless shelter in Salisbury and authorities took cars from that city. People associated with her shelter may have needed or wanted their cars to be test for contamination.

I can't find any connection between the car in Monkton Park, Chippenham, and the victims.

A car was seized from a residential street in Swindon on Monday evening after the death of Sturgess. Military personnel wearing gloves and gas masks were seen wrapping a white Audi in plastic, loading it on to a lorry and taking it away.
The car is believed to belong to a paramedic who attended Rowley’s address when he and Sturgess collapsed. It is understood that the paramedic is fit and healthy.
Novichok used in Wiltshire 'could remain active for 50 years'

This is wild speculation, but could Dawn have been targeted deliberately... After all she lived very close to where the Skirpals collapsed, maybe she witnessed something and that has then come to the attention of who ever was responsible... However I think its probably far more likely this was something she found...
Also, I think its plausible to think that Charlie may have become contaminated if he had been holding Dawn's hand while waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Speculation is all we pretty much have in this case, and not just about sunglasses.
UK is accusing Russia but they haven't provided any evidence. At least with Skripals there was a motive, but what would be the motive for Russia to poison two Brits without any connection to Russia? So they are trying to claim that the poison was left over from Skripal case, but that again is a complete speculation. If, as dotr pointed out, the person who poisoned Skripals was highly trained, why would they leave vials of the poison just laying around in public places?

it could have just been an accident spilling some out somewhere else

OR we have to remember tho we are talking about terrorism

it works the city is on edge the austin bomber did the same thing

I recommend going back to the post a few days ago with the link to the podcast about the trail left from the Alexander Litvinenko case. I listened to it and highly recommend. I was familiar with the story, but not all the details about how bungled the whole operation was.
One can argue that a highly trained assassin would be smart enough to discard any evidence completely and carefully, but for them a quick and nontraceable exit might be a higher priority than the safety of others. While that might seem unreasonable to most folks, try to put yourself in the shoes of a killer who is likely to only be safe from UK authorities once he’s back in Russia. To him or her, that would be a much higher priority, don’t you think?
While I’m on it, can anyone shed light on what the ideal and safe way to discard such a poison would be?

I am surprised at a somewhat prevalent theme here that a murderer wants to carefully avoid not murdering others -- that in and of itself makes no sense

whomever in the intial attack wanted to kill people knew it was a gruesome and painful process the notion that person cares about people who are not russian spises does not really make much sense

i dont know about you guys but i would really rather get rid of nerve gas rather quickly as opposed to wrapping it up all pretty and like and be careful and stuff

who wants to be handling the stuff to dispose of it nicely and properly he obviously is not a environmentalist and wanting to save some trees!

its a russian spy story kinda ruthless group of folk!

imo

This is wild speculation, but could Dawn have been targeted deliberately... After all she lived very close to where the Skirpals collapsed, maybe she witnessed something and that has then come to the attention of who ever was responsible... However I think its probably far more likely this was something she found...
Also, I think its plausible to think that Charlie may have become contaminated if he had been holding Dawn's hand while waiting for the ambulance to arrive.
In one of the newspaper accounts they found fingerprints on the glass of poison. It was Rowley's right hand and his partners right hand too.

I am surprised at a somewhat prevalent theme here that a murderer wants to carefully avoid not murdering others -- that in and of itself makes no sense

whomever in the intial attack wanted to kill people knew it was a gruesome and painful process the notion that person cares about people who are not russian spises does not really make much sense

imo
rbbm
Quite right!

Last edited:
Breaking News - Sky News U.K

They have found a small bottle in Charlie Rowley’s house which they believe is the source of the Novichok

behind sorry if mentioned my instant thought when i saw this was a drug addict saw a little bottle of something that could have been drugs and took it

he might have showed it to her look what I found were not in the mood to get that messed up and hid it for later use jmo

images

Police investigating Novichok poisoning seize four more vehicles in Swindon and Salisbury | Daily Mail Online
"Police investigating the Novichok poisonings are removing four more vehicles from Swindon and Salisbury, a day after finding a vial containing the nerve agent.

The vehicles are being moved from a police garage in Swindon and Salisbury Ambulance Station today as police step up their investigations.

Officers are trying to establish whether the poison which killed Dawn Sturgess, 44, and left partner Charlie Rowley critically ill, was from the same batch used to attack Sergei and Yulia Skripal in March.

Police said the public 'should not be alarmed' and told the public that the health risk remains low. "

4E13CA8400000578-5953811-image-a-2_1531575795564.jpg

i thought they said it WAS from the same batch

rbbm.
Novichok: police take away 400 potentially contaminated items
"Police investigating the novichok poisoning of a couple in Wiltshire say more than 400 items have been recovered.

A significant number are said to be potentially contaminated and have been submitted to the government’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory for analysis.

Despite the recovery on Friday of a small bottle linked to the murder of Dawn Sturgess and the poisoning of Charlie Rowley, searches are expected to continue for several weeks, if not months, as officers try to identify potential sites and sources of contamination".

oh brother with this info it struck me like HE was the one that might have done the intial attack and the stick of dynamite blew up in his face

but how does it take that long if ya got the stuff all over your home

kinda getting an image of like a garage filled with all sorts of tools to make bad things if that makes sense

I am confuse

I'd like to know why Mr. Rowley had it in his house. And why he was able to tell them where to find it! Did he know what it was or only that he and his "girlfriend" touched it. Maybe they found it that day? And why would he have to dumpster dive if he owns a home? This is just stranger than strange.

if are moving into he is the poisoner someone has to pay him his banking info might be more than interesting??

I am confuse

I'd like to know why Mr. Rowley had it in his house. And why he was able to tell them where to find it! Did he know what it was or only that he and his "girlfriend" touched it. Maybe they found it that day? And why would he have to dumpster dive if he owns a home? This is just stranger than strange.

if are moving into he is the poisoner someone has to pay him his banking info might be more than interesting??

Are there multiple cars seized? Anybody knows if cars seized are similar looking cars? It was reported they took a bus when they went to the park. So what is the connection to nice looking car as shown in the photo?

just speculating maybe they saw a vile fall out of someones pocket right when they were getting their keys or something and then noticed his car? going all over the place !

Maybe not such a bad idea these days!
1950s Gloves: Etiquette, Styles, Trends & Pictures
"1950s Women’s Glove Etiquette

1950s glove etiquette brochure; click to enlarge

When a Lady Wears Gloves
Gloves should be worn on the streets of cities and large town, when going to church, to a luncheon, dinner or reception; a dance, a wedding or an official function. They are also worn to a restaurant and in the theater.

Smart women usually wear gloves while travelling on a train or plane … or in any public conveyance."
"A lady never takes off her gloves to shake hands … and never asks that her glove be excused. (Of course, this is excepted if she is wearing soiled gardening gloves, or the like … in which case she says she is sorry she can’t shake hands.)"

Scientists to test if Novichok from Skripal poison batch
rbbm.
"Experts are trying to determine whether the Novichok that poisoned a couple in Wiltshire was from the same batch used in the attempted murder of Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia".
"Scientists at the nearby Defence, Science and Technology Laboratory at Porton Down, confirmed the substance in the bottle is Novichok.

But further tests will be carried out to try to establish whether it is from the same batch that poisoned the Skripals in March.

"Public Health England reiterated its advice to members of the public and urged residents not to touch, or pick up, unfamiliar objects."

I really doubt it, considering she was killed many months later. If what has been reported is accurate, somehow she managed to find a whole bottle of the poison (dumpster diving?)

Novichok poisoning: Did Skripal attackers use Charlie Rowley's flat as a safe house?
"Instead, one key theory now being explored, is that the couple found the bottle in the apartment, after it was left there when Skripal’s would be assassins used it as a safe house while they prepared the attack.

The property, which sits on a new development on the edge of Amesbury, was only recently completed and would have still been part building site in March".
"He said: "Whoever carried out the hit on the Skripals would have spent time planning everything down to the last detail. A team of four to six people would have carried out a 'pattern of life' study in order to understand Sergei Skripal's movements.

"Only when they were satisfied with every little detail would they have been given the green light to carry out the actual poisoning."
"While the main source of the contamination has now been located, police have warned there could be more traces of Novichok at other locations around Wiltshire."

“The operatives who administered the actual Novichok to the Skripal’s door handle, would have needed somewhere close by to get into their protective clothing and unwrap the Novichok

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back