Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the Roger Jones case from 1978, IMO it's important to note that RJ fell into a small brook five miles upstream of the River Wyre, and we have no idea how long it took for his body to reach the river. What if he was trapped in the brook for seven weeks and only in the main river for a few days?

RJ's case doesn't prove how long it would take for a body to travel from the point where NB went missing, because we simply don't know how long each individual part of his journey took. What his case does prove is that a body can travel a long way on that stretch of river if the conditions are right.

If the dog had been running around somewhere else it might not have seen the MP fall in.

IMO harness and phone left on bench. Dog running around somewhere. MP stands up and slips and ends up in the river. The dog returns. Someone else earlier said their dog sometimes brings the harness to them. Dog is confused as there no human there so the dog scents the area then picks up the harness and places it where it last got a scent of the human.

Adds up to me but IMO they need to do another search of the river.
I can totally see this angle, thank you.

It’s all very odd. Can’t disagree that they should have another crack at the river. I do think she would have been found by now though :( it’s all so sad and frustrating

cheers

I'd missed PF's comments on that in the Telegraph, last week

Just looking at contemporary accounts now

<modsnip - not an approved source>

non paywalled for people not subscribed to telegraph
Detective Inspector Steve Clay of Humberside police said Laura's body was found by two detectives searching the area who were acting on intelligence.
Yep, I actually cant find how PF was involved but when you listen to his first interview on NB case - when he was first on scene he mentions this case specifically. Its interesting that

All I know is that the reason they expanded the range was due to information and it lead to a witness leading detectives to the hay bales.

You can hear him mention Scunthorpe on here, this is the case hes refering to.

2:30 on video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why oh why haven’t they done this sooner! I appreciate they need to prove a crime has been committed but surely it’s common sense…

Why oh why haven’t they done this sooner! I appreciate they need to prove a crime has been committed but surely it’s common sense…

Do we know for sure that they didn't search it earlier on?

Yep, I actually cant find how PF was involved but when you listen to his first interview on NB case - when he was first on scene he mentions this case specifically. Its interesting that

All I know is that the reason they expanded the range was due to information and it lead to a witness leading detectives to the hay bales.

You can hear him mention Scunthorpe on here, this is the case hes refering to.

2:30 on video.

Yes I was wondering what tech he used for the hay bales but it appears he wasn't involved in that discovery ( According to the Humberside cop's ' comment)
so do you recall if the boot of Laura Torn did end up being a 'decoy' planted by Guy Beckett the murderer?

edit
doesn't matter - doesn't look like there was a full trial so all evidence not heard

Last edited:

Those are PCSOs in that image. Can't imagine Lancashire Police would send PCSOs (limited powers) if they really thought there was anything to find. It appears from the article there are some officers there, but IMO this is just box ticking due to criticism rather than anything serious or intelligence based.

thanks
was wondering if she'd invited them in to search her property just now / or earlier in the first search ( re the search warrant discussions on WS)
Ah right. To me the caravan site seems like the most sensible area to search along with the river (if she wasn’t seen exiting the river area). That’s discounting the Garstang path lane exit at the bridge too. I think a few of us have always questioned whether the 9.33am witness was reliable. Not saying she isn’t but surely it must be taken into account. IMO.

What are your thought in that if she slipped, from photos it looks quite muddy, surely there would have been signs that a slip had taken place, misplaced mud for example. That bank is quite steep. I think there would have been visible signs IMO. Also, the river isn’t very fast moving - in the short space of time to when her phone was found, the first place you’d look is the river… wouldn’t there have been a cloudy appearance to the water in that area? The sediment on the bottom would have been very unsettled, given how shallow it actually is and the struggle that possibly would have ensued to escape the water, surely she would have reached the embankment and there would be signs of an attempt at climbing out - assuming of course she hadn’t hit her head or something of the sort and gone in unconscious, which would mean no struggle to affect sediment so aggressively.

Just wondering what everyone thinks on this.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I've always thought the dog bone dry comment to be a bit off... (sorry to bring the dog being dry debacle up again ) but the dog had supposedly walked 2 fields along a muddy river side on a dewy january morning...I have dogs they are never bone dry in those conditions. Granted soak wet through is a different scenario implying the dog would have been immersed in water but to say "bone dry" was an odd choice of words imo. Perhaps this was just what the police wanted us to know but I'm sure I would have questioned this statement further if I was on the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769