Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul must have been through so much probably in silence regarding her drinking. I really feel for him and the kids. A lot of her friends and family probably had little knowledge of her problem.
From most of her photos her happy place was the field with willow.
I can only say with absolute conviction I feel sorry for the kids alone. I dont know enough about their marriage to include him but children are completely innocent.

ADMIN NOTE:

There have been far too many rude and personalizing comments we have had to remove from this discussion.

If members don't know how to post civilly, respectfully without making snide and flat-out rude comments toward others members, we can't help you understand.

From now on ZERO TOLERANCE. There will be a minimum 1 day Time Out for rudeness and personalizing.

It must be unusual for three different taboo subjects to be discussed.

1. Suicide.
2. DV where the F is injuring the M.
3. Addiction problems with alcohol.

Having experience all 3 of these in my life I find it quite interesting people don't want to talk about it.

I suppose normally things are predictable but that's not always the case. Assumption is
dont forget to add menopause - that is never really discussed either.

I'm a frontline paramedic and I've been sent to places to do a welfare check for people who are suicidal. I'm not sure what else would fall within that category ("welfare check"), but I imagine a few things could. I feel desperately sorry for the family now. I expect it's been a difficult few months, and then this.

It makes no sense for PA to be letting NB drive the kids to school if worried she was drinking excessively.
Hope there wasn’t a jealous argument about staying late with boss or anything. That’s pure speculation. NB is my age and just that look in her eyes in a lot of photos remind me of me with the ex. FB photos look amazing if you don’t look too close, esp looking back, but behind closed doors v different situation.

Not really, being vulnerable makes all forms of meeting a tragic end more likely. Including being murdered goes way higher.
I agree, but I think that's related to being more likely to associate with dodgy individuals such as criminals, or be in high risk situations, such as homelessness. I don't think it would make someone a magnet even while doing very safe things, like walking the dog in a village.

JMO

A few people have mentioned how PA is on record saying that they're a normal, happy family. Usual ups and downs. That now seems untethered to how things probably were, at least for some of the time.

I find that so incredibly poignant now. How many times have the partners of people struggling with alcohol related issues had to put on a face for the world, and repeat how 'everything is fine, thanks.' PA did this in the most excruciating circumstances. I felt incredibly sorry for him before, but my goodness, this is harrowing.
It doesn't have to be putting on a face though, there probably was lots of happy moments, just not all the time, like most relationships.

It is possible to be an alcoholic and still functioning with a great family, career etc. I don't want to name names because the person is no longer with us sadly and she was very well known due to a miscarriage of justice, but I used to work for a Senior Partner at a High Flying Law Firm and she was an alcoholic but on the face of it she had it all. Very successful, successful husband, happy marriage, well off financially, new born baby etc., no one would have known except for us who worked closely with her. We would find empty bottles of vodka in toilets etc but she would go have a meeting with clients on big commercial deals and would appear normal.

With regard to Willow, it's important to remember that she wasn't left next to the M1, she was in an area she knew well in a village where Nicola and her family are well known, where they walked the dog daily, possibly more than once. If Nicola went missing etc voluntarily and had the capacity to consider the risk around willow she would have considered that Willow would likely be found and back safely at home in a short period of time.

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned but I haven't had time to read through the other 12 threads, only a few of them. When I looked on google maps at the area, there's a small building by the river on the same side as the bench that looks to be boarded up. It also looks like it goes underground too. I expect the searches and police have searched it?

I see what you are saying but ... literally 20 minutes before she had been engaging with passersby, logging into a Teams call, etc. -- it's difficult to see how one could swing from ordinary everyday routine (removing dog harness in field, etc.) to completely irrational and uncaring about the dog's fate, in a matter of fewer than 20 minutes.

Very perplexing.
That's what happens with some people with severe menopausal symptoms. I have had this myself. You can feel ok one minute and swing to the opposite very quickly. HRT controls the swings but not all women can take it. It's a horrible thing to go through.

PF searched upstream and down past the weir, perhaps he would have focused more on further downstream had he known but he said the police were extensively searching it themselves. Respect his efforts but not sure why he feels the need to give running commentary on this case now

I think it was mentioned before by police probably in the very first conference - someone did point out here.

its not a new news - however people and media doesn't have anything new to talk about so emphasizing on this point
Hypothetically speaking, alcohol could certainly have impaired her judgement on that day, which IMO is why the police believe she came to end up in the water.

JMO but I think this explains NB’s overly active social media activity too - unfortunately it’s often the way with those who are suffering so much.

Just a horrible incident all round for the family. No doubt they hoped that she’d have been found by now, so that this wouldn’t have needed to have come out.
It would probably come out if, sadly, there were to be an inquest.

IAbsolutely, the menopause is hellish, never to be underestimated.
I’ve suffered so badly I’ve been on different HRT anti depressants and now paying £200 every 3 months for a private testosterone prescription. I’m not ashamed to say that I’ve had some very dark days, from contemplating ending it, to disappearing…….to losing myself in wine…….!! All those thoughts and actions were more intense during lockdown. I feel so sad for Nicola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member