Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Nicola :( So sad no matter what happened. I can't imagine how we'll ever know why/how she ended up in there... but who knows. Feeling so sad for Paul today and how he's going to tell the kids that their mommy isn't coming home. Ugh.

I do not believe this is suicide or foul play considering all of the facts thus far. I think dear Nicola simply set her phone down to attend to Willow near the river bank for whatever reason, and slipped and fell into that cold river. I have felt that way from the start, and even with all we know, still do. My condolences to her partner Paul and her two young girls who will need all the support they can get, as well as her parents and other family members.

Last edited:
This is really important. I don’t think assumptions are worth making. Cause of death is potentially important for the safety of the community and especially the children - if 3rd party involvement we don’t know who or the motive and if other family members could be targeted by the same person or if there was a stalker or sexual motive etc important for other women in the area.
I hope no violence involved.
Just so tragic
Yeah I agree with you. I think it's equally as important to reveal if they knew it was suicide or an accident. Not sure if/how they will, but I do believe it should be shared with the public for safety of others. If it was an accident, I'm sure it's going to make people a lot more aware of rivers, walking around them and/or being alone or in an isolated area. If it was suicide, it might help others to reach out or even if family members of theirs that know about their mental health and to be there for them a little more.

It would be wonderful if somebody started a fund for the family. Great idea. The financial support could feel emotionally supportive, and both the financial and emotional support of people caring could help the family as they grieve this enormous loss.

Losing one's mother before the age of 12 is particularly difficult, and losing one's mother under these horrific circumstances is unimaginably
Apologies if this has been posted further up (I couldn’t see that it had) but bizarrely the person who found the body was apparently a “psychic” who used his “gift” to find her.

Yes. Curiously worded statement from
Him. Rather nuanced, and not what I would have expected. He doesn’t seem to be all out for ‘Fame’ IMO . What do others think ?

Yes. Curiously worded statement from
Him. Rather nuanced, and not what I would have expected. He doesn’t seem to be all out for ‘Fame’ IMO . What do others think ?
I don't believe in psychic abilities as such. But I do believe in heightened intuition and senses that some people have. In my observations over the years, psychics don't get great results in finding people IMO.However, if this finder of Nicola feels that is what led him to her, that is his perspective and he has a right to it. Irregardless of how, I'm sure Nicola's family will be forever grateful to these two walkers for finding her!

Last edited:
Won't there be a inquest though into cause of death?
Lancashire Police chief superintendent Bob Eastwood said the force had received an ‘absolute onslaught’ of criticism for failing to find Nicola sooner which was based on misunderstandings.

He told BBC Breakfast on Monday: ‘The way the tide comes and goes…it is possible that the body could have flowed in and flowed out and has eventually been given up by the water.

‘To jump in… and automatically assume that the body was there the whole time is a step too far.’

It’s believed an inquest will soon be launched to establish the exact circumstances of Nicola’s death.

Even though the police said they do not believe a third party involvement, I still hope they would fingerprint the phone, as I too am perplexed on the part about the phone approaching the bench
The phone was purportedly found on the ground a couple of feet away from the bench by the gentleman walking his dog who had just come through the gate, and he placed it on the bench. Regardless of how the phone got there, it would be beyond belief if it has not been fingerprinted by LE.

I don't know if it will ever be a sure thing that she went into the water by the bench. The phone being there and the dog running between the fence and bench doesn't convince me. It's possible, but also possible she entered or fell in somewhere else. This tragedy still doesn't make sense IMO.
One thing I am learning as I follow more cases is that many times things don’t make sense. And we have to be OK with that. So frustrating. There have been several cases or announcements this week that my mind cannot compute. I think probably because it never makes sense to lose someone. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice is coming