Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people get a false sense of security, because it's their local area, I see many woman walking their dogs on the own near me, up passed the fields etc, and maybe feel protected because they have a dog. I don't do those walks alone, my partner or son come with me.
I walk my dog alone, often in a park that is pretty quiet during the day. I walk him at night too.I am just not going to live in fear or stop doing things. I am aware of my surroundings, and I take a different route every day because I read these threads, and it’s less boring. I will not live in fear.

I made the mistake of looking at comments on Fb & twitter. All I can say is thank god for WS, I don’t say it often (or ever) but I’m actual glad for the rules here after some of the utter nonsense comments posted with total disregard for family, friends & NB.

Surely the longer it goes on and she is still missing they must be looking at other options . IMO you wouldn't just have one and only one line of enquiry . Can only think they don't want to show thier hand and let everyone know what they have got . They hold things back as they would want someone to slip up and give them something that hasn't been released to the public . That is my pennies worth on why we have no real info to get to grips with and of course it's all MOO and could be completely wrong ! X
You’re absolutely correct

To be fair they have the same traits/skills etc just size different
I'd like to think that when there is so much at stake, that people would care more about attention to detail.

The phone is on the floor. The phone is on the bench.

The dog was dragging the lead. The dog was running free and the lead was near the bench.

It's just frustrating.

Feb 2, 2023
'Sky News speaks to the family of Nicola Bulley as police continue to search for the mother-of-two who went missing while walking her dog. ''

Honestly, I think the most obvious solution here is the most likely. In my opinion, what happened is that NB is walking the dog while dialled into a meeting, she's got the camera and mike turned off (this is standard in a lot of our remote meetings, but it's also possibly because she wasn't meant to be walking the dog during a meeting). My guess is she sits down to listen, lets the dog off the lead to run around and the dog jumps into the water. She panics, puts the phone down, goes to the river bank and slips. The dog is fine but the water is likely to be freezing and she gets into trouble - cold water shock would be a real danger, opening your mouth because of the cold temperature and swallowing water, wearing warm heavy clothes that are now soaking and drag you down... she doesn't need to have had a knock on the head or be tangled in clothes as I've seen other people suggest. It's much easier to drown than a lot of people think. Sadly, I think this is what has happened, and after a week I think she could be quite far away down river by now. I hope I'm wrong.

<modsnip - modding> IMHO
But the tide was out at that time, so there was no fast flowing water. Here is the link to the tides on January 27th. Tide times and charts for Fleetwood, England and weather forecast for fishing in Fleetwood in 2023

It is not tidal at the bench area search point. It is tidal further upstream, e.g., below the weir at St Michael's.
I might be misunderstanding something here since I don't know the area, but wouldn't it be tidal further downstream ie. closer to the coast? MOO and I could be totally wrong because I'm not good at reading maps and deciphering direction on maps.

Having followed many missing cases over the years on here, its down to the Police person in charge of the investigation as to what they investigate. If that person holds fast that the logical thing is the water then everyone has to follow that. Even if the public are saying 'I would consider two possibilites and one of them is nefarious'. It also could be down to money as something more sinister involves a lot of police personnel. JMO MOO ps it gets really frustrating for us. Also when people have ended up in water it can take months for them to be found so that is frustrating too. Nothing we can do about it. I followed one case recently in the states where a woman went missing. Body found soon after. Straight away police stated they were looking for a perp. In the end they said no-one else was involved. Not sure we all believed that, but that's how it works all over the world. I just hope for NB's sake and all her loved ones this case is solved a lot faster. MOO.

Edited to add the word: Police, for clarity.
You’re right it is , however, the accountability nowadays, quite rightly so I may add, is such that as an SIO (senior investigative officer) in charge of the investigation, all different options MUST be explored and documented in the SIO’s Policy book.
Each decision / action taken has to be justified as to why and documented in the policy book and likewise, everything considered but not actioned at this time, must be documented and justified with the reasons why.
Also, the SIO as Gold Commander will have either a Detective Chief Inspector or a Detective Inspector as Silver command .
There will be 4 Detective Sargents and possibly 15/20 Detectives all working together as a team . Daily team briefings are held at 9am and 4pm daily and all ideas are encouraged by the SIO for all the staff to pitch in with ideas .
They will be working from 0800-2200 hrs daily in the first couple of weeks or so.
If after28 days, we are no further along, another SIO will come along to review the whole investigation to date and look at it with a fresh pair of eyes to ensure that nothing has been missed .
We are very structured in our approach to each Missing person / Suspicious Death/ Murder enquiry investigation.
This investigation will be no different and will be professionally run by a dedicated team and everything ( and I mean everything) will be documented.
This is relatively close to where I live and it’s the Police force area in which I reside. Although I was an SIO for Merseyside Police ( where Liverpool and Everton footbal clubs are based).

Times Article… You need to be a member to read (apologies if not allowed… Timeline: Missing Nicola Bulley’s last known movements)

<modsnip - content behind paywall>
Great. More contradictions..

Firstly: Up until this, the description of NB didn't include a hat. All prior reports mentioned NB as having her hair in a ponytail. I know that hats can be put on and taken off. I know how hats work.

Secondly: This article states that NB's mobile phone, dog leash and harness were also found on a bench near to the entrance gate. We've had every version now of 'This on the floor, That on the bench'

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. More contradictions..

Firstly: Up until this, the description of NB didn't include a hat. All prior reports mentioned NB as having her hair in a ponytail. I know that hats can be put on and taken off. I know how hats work.

Secondly: This article states that NB's mobile phone, dog leash and harness were also found on a bench near to the entrance gate. We've had every version now of 'This on the floor, That on the bench'
On the hat, I think you reference the 9.10am witness’s wife statement? The article mentions, the wife was also familiar with Nicola from dog walking, and quoted that she always “looked nice” in her hat and Wellington boots- however the quote is referencing other occasions, not that specific day, although probably unhelpful as can confuse people as to what she wore the day she went missing. (edit typo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry