Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBM

Officers say they are working on assumption that 45-year-old’s disappearance is not suspicious, but tragic

ETA another statement from Supt Riley:

At a press conference on Friday, Supt Sally Riley, of Lancashire police, said: “Our main working hypothesis is that Nicola has sadly fallen into the river, there is no third-party or criminal involvement and this is not suspicious but the tragic case of a missing person.

“This is particularly important because speculation otherwise can be really distressing for the family and for Nicola’s children.”

Last edited:
She’s seems like a pretty fit individual and to be carried downstream seems unlikely. The river is not that wide and if she did fall in I feel like she could get out or grab hold of foliage, tree branches etc.
My dad fell into a river as an 18 year old lad who could swim well, he'll tell anyone who listens not to mess about near the water, he nearly drowned that day and it wasn't some careering rapids he fell into. Only lived because two local guys hear his screams and dived in to save him. You can absolutely get dragged along and get tangled in all the stuff at the bottom. My dad also didn't lose any clothing while he was in the water

So now, correct me if I'm wrong, there is a 15 minute gap from the phone being on the bench, to Willow being found? It's just made the time frame even smaller.
Do we know when the first search of the water was? I know PA and the police responded very quickly, so I think what is bugging me is that in other cases, that have been mentioned, the search and response haven't been so quick... hence why maybe it took longer for them to be found. I guess what I'm saying is, if the search was pretty much instantly, it's now a week on, would she of possibly travelled so far down the river? Apologies if this is ramble.

As someone who has attempted suicide and went to the effort of researching methods that are used. Water is quite an unusual way to attempt, drowning is one of the worst ways to go. It'd be even more unusual to go for an area of water that wouldn't even come up to your waist. Obviously cold shock is a thing, but you'd be very much relying on that to take over or your natural instinct would likely force you to surface/stand.

JMO.
I belong to several missing person's groups on FB and rivers / sea / lakes seem to be the most common areas where missing are recovered from

I belong to several missing person's groups on FB and rivers / sea / lakes seem to be the most common areas where missing are recovered from
I imagine that it's a bias because it's harder to find someone than other methods and thus they are reported as missing. Drowning was the method in only 3.5% of suicides in 2021.

There was a young guy that fell into a river near me some years ago. The river was unusually high and they searched right out to the sea, but his body was later recovered just about a mile away from where he fell in.

IMHO, 9:10am onwards is the window of opportunity because after 9:10am not one person saw her. So, there is a 25 min window with not one witness, it’s actually the worst luck ever. Leaning towards willow being distracted further ahead and by the time it turned round there was no sign of NB and the phone/harness/lead being placed at the bench. This could be the reason the dog was found there, staying close to owners belongings waiting on NB returning. The phone movement means nothing, anyone could have been moving that phone around, didn’t have to be NB. Obviously I’ll happily be wrong but it’s absurd.

I just find it strange no item of clothing or trace has been found in the water yet (that we know of) (meaning a hat if she had one on which would surely have come off if this was the case!) it doesn’t look like a fast flowing river either but I’m not local so only going by what others who are have said about it.
The thing I struggle with is what they say about the dog being dry and no harness . IMO that means the dog didn't have anything on its body to get caught on sticks etc , I know brambles and things can get caught on fur but you wouldn't think it would be a sudden jump up to save the dog from it . She could have lost her balance yes that is highly likely . In my little head I imagine something serious would be happening with the dog that a quick reaction was needed and she couldn't stop herself from going in , as the dog was dry I assume Willow was never in the water . Could she have tripped over the dog or been knocked over , as I know I have by my own . Like I've said before on here I just can't get my head round it . All MOO

The searchers are probably too busy and i do not know if there is a meaningful way to record such information, but for future reference, are they likely to note the spots in the river that are deeper/ more treacherous than other areas?
Hoping that all the searches conducted will be informative for any future searches if heaven forbid, anyone else (possibly) falls in the river. speculation, imo.

So now, correct me if I'm wrong, there is a 15 minute gap from the phone being on the bench, to Willow being found? It's just made the time frame even smaller.
Do we know when the first search of the water was? I know PA and the police responded very quickly, so I think what is bugging me is that in other cases, that have been mentioned, the search and response haven't been so quick... hence why maybe it took longer for them to be found. I guess what I'm saying is, if the search was pretty much instantly, it's now a week on, would she have possibly travelled so far down the river? Apologies if this is ramble.
The police and search response was very quick, they literally drove past me with their boats and equipment, this was 2 1/2-3hrs of her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname