Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a bit ignorant about Fitbits. Would it show if a heartbeat actually ceased?
Don’t they need charged too? And you need to be close enough to your phone for it to sync? They are maybe only water resistant too! Can you answer/make calls through them? I’m not tech savvy at all!

The people who saw her were not all around at the same time and no one could see NB for a good 10 minutes (and possibly longer). If someone was already waiting near the gate, then 10 min would be enough.

But, why would someone want to do that? For a quick attack like that, there would be no sexual motive. So it would either be someone deranged or it would be a personal attack.
Tbh if it was someone expecting her they might have been planning or waiting for weeks. Might’ve dug a grave or anything. Guessing the police & sniffer dogs have happened already? Or maybe her own dog would trace her?

I have a fitbit and it has record of my BPM right up until I take the watch off. You can access this through the app on the phone, the data will 100% be there. This would literally answer everything they have to know.
It's worth noting that the fitbit needs to be linked to bluetooth to update, however, presuming that it was at the time, the data would sync automatically.

I wonder what the distance is for you to sync? They're pretty waterproof, if you were to try to sync where the phone was found, that would give indication she was near.

Tbh if it was someone expecting her they might have been planning or waiting for weeks. Might’ve dug a grave or anything. Guessing the police & sniffer dogs have happened already? Or maybe her own dog would trace her?
I am wondering if they have tried it with her dog? See if she reacts to any spot in particular?

So potentially where she was last seen in the upper field is close to the Rowanwater lodges (red circle on map). If she had been abducted in the top right hand corner of that field, could she have been put in a car (concealed) and then taken up that road to the exit at Garstang road? Can you even get through to Rowanwater from the upper field? JMO.

That was something I'd also been wondering prior to the press conf. Then after that I was initially mixing up Blackpool Lane and Garstang Rd (lane?) and thinking the exit on Blackpool Lane (by the road bridge) was the one they' were talking about not being accounted for by cctv/doorcam footage.

It does now appear it's the exits at Rowanwater and the one at the caravan site that leads to Allotment Lane (both apparently accessible by car and both very close to NB's route) that they haven't got footage for.

Unless someone who knew her really well was aware she'd be muted on the call, just a thought.
If it was a senseless attack by someone with serious mental issues, I don't think they would care if she was on the phone or not. And if she was sitting down with her phone on the bench, they would not even be able to tell if she was on the phone at all.

Fetching a ball from the river bank and slipping/tripping would seem to be the most plausible explanation. Possibly something in the water drew her nearer to it?

Regarding the 10.50 reporting to the school, yes this seems like a long time but that is easy to say now we know that somebody is missing. On finding the phone/dog you would have to spend some time establishing whether anybody was about and what to do. It appears that the person found some other walkers which could have taken some time - and then there would be further time to either go to the school or find a phone number.

If they have this data then it may explain why they are confident about the river theory.
I personally think this is the case, although I would have thought that the family would have been briefed on this aspect from the beginning and they seemed to suggest there was no evidence of her going into the river.

I personally think this is the case, although I would have thought that the family would have been briefed on this aspect from the beginning and they seemed to suggest there was no evidence of her going into the river.
Yea, although they may have been told that early on and not wanted to give up hope in other areas?

I agree. During PA statement on Sky News earlier, he mentioned that every lead they explored they would hit a brick wall. Maybe he was referring to finding out what happened rather than whether she was alive or not.

Source: Nicola Bulley's partner says it is as though 'she vanished into thin air' following 45-year-old's disappearance

However, this wouldn't make sense as NB family were pleading for her to come home yesterday. I'm no detective, but in this day and age, the mobile phone an any other tech devices would be the first thing I would check. If NB has an iPhone, the Health app contains everything about your movements.

Hmm, to be honest if I found a phone and a dog harness my first thought wouldn't be to contact the police. On my local facebook community page, all manner of things get lost, found and posted, from wallets to bags to keys to mobiles. I don't think the police are ever called.

Plus there's a good chance that person is feeling terrible about not ringing the police sooner, so what good would blaming them in a public press conference do? It might cause a witch hunt. JMO

Same on my local facebook group regarding phones,keys,purses etc but not the same surely with an unattended and distressed dog there as well? But yes I agree there's no point casting blame unnecessarily.

I have a fitbit and it has record of my BPM right up until I take the watch off. You can access this through the app on the phone, the data will 100% be there. This would literally answer everything they have to know.
Are they a watch too?

It's worth noting that the fitbit needs to be linked to bluetooth to update, however, presuming that it was at the time, the data would sync automatically.

I wonder what the distance is for you to sync? They're pretty waterproof, if you were to try to sync where the phone was found, that would give indication she was near.
It has to be within 20ft of a Bluetooth phone with the Fitbit app to sync (if it’s set to automatic syncing). So as soon as NBs phone and watch separated they wouldn’t get much after that distance. Perhaps that’s how they can place Nicola at the bench. IMO.

I think for Nicolas sake we must continue to look at other possibilities.
I can’t understand why the police are trying to say they are almost certain she is in the river but they have no evidence to suggest so & they have an exit 6-7 minutes walk away with no cctv.

Look at how well she knew the area, how many times has she been around that bench, she would know to be careful and if she had an accident where are the marks?
I’m not buying it.
She’s such an attractive lady too, which to me perhaps not rightly so but to me makes it even more likely someone has become obsessed with her & knows exactly when she will be there, they could have been waiting days/weeks for an opportunity when nobody was around.

<modsnip - discussion of voluntary disappearance is off limits>
In the absence of a body, I feel LE have a duty of care to look at other possibilities to explain away NB's disappearance. IMO, they are very premature to rule out 3rd party / criminal involvement – any investigatory “head in the sand” attitude could backfire - & trying to close down NB's disappearance as an accidental drowning, does little to instal public confidence.

If the dog wasn’t wet and had no harness on then I don’t think it’s been playing fetch in the river, in a long grassy/bushy area yes, I know if the dogs ball/toy had gone in the river it would’ve tried to go in after it! That’s what mine would do, but lose it in the long grass or a bush it would be up to me to go looking! They would come back with a silly look and I’d end up in the middle of the thorniest bush around retrieving a ball JMO And when it was a tennis ball bobbing in the water they just couldn’t resist diving in! JMO
Same
I have two cocker spaniels and our next door neighbours have two springers. We care for theirs if they are away. Highly energetic and always have a splash in the water.
I don’t believe that if Nicola fell into the river that the dog wouldn’t get wet. If the dog was bone dry then I can’t believe she entered the river whilst the dog was around.

Also if we lose tennis balls then we don’t retrieve them from river. Tennis balls are not that precious. If it’s gettable the spaniel will retrieve it. Nicola was an experienced dog walker and these situations occur on a daily basis. You don’t suddenly start scrambling down river banks to get a spaniels ball… it’s ridiculous. This theory doesn’t add up. I think the dog was taken to the gate to prevent him from chasing or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa