Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might’ve been to ask more specific questions with regards other things reported to them - IMO/just guessing.
They might have already given their name and said they had/hadn’t seen Nicola but the police might’ve been asking instead about more specific info about other people or things they might’ve seen/not seen or wanted further info of the route they’d covered etc.
Thank you. My point is, if they had spoken with them and taken their details. Why not recontact them to ask more if needed? Why post their photos for a public appeal?

Excellent work again Thankyou!

I’m interested why the police are interested in dashcam between 9.10-9.15am - if Nicola was witnessed in the upper field at 9.10am, how can she be in two places at the same time - even if we assume the 9.15am time that gives her 5 mins to get back up to the road?! This leads me back to the reliability of the 9.10am witness. IMO.
they said something similar in their online update last night

9.10am (approximately) – A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

and 'Our enquiries now focus on the river path which leads from the fields back to Garstang Road – for that we need drivers and cyclists who travelled that way on the morning of January 27 to make contact. We have already done a lot of work around this, but every piece of footage helps us build up a picture of movements on that morning.'

Since the presser we now know that 700 vehicles drove through the village and she replied:
'Superintendent - Yes that is a possibility, but that's why we appeal for drivers to come forward to try and close off that avenue, or to at least explain and negate any sightings on that lane, the lane between the riverside on Garstang Lane onto the A586 isn't long. People may have forgotten. They may have been away on holiday and missed much of this publicity. So if that is you and you've returned from holiday or returned from an absence and this incident has, sort of, largely passed you by till now, I would ask you to think back to Friday, 27th., and whether you were on Garstang Lane and help us, exactly, close that gap. Thanks.'

Fairly certain they're using trained personnel, experts, and 2023 technology.

One would hope and assume so. I am entirely unsure as to the reasons why who it was doing the job would be in any way relevant. Surely they are employed for expertise rather than for publicity. It seems to be very relevant. Is this just a tabloid newspaper problem?

On another note one of the things which people in general may not be aware of is that drowning is a very quiet affair.

People think it would involve lots of splashing and screaming and shouting for help but if you go into cold water none of this will happen. Unless you fall from a height or are aware of the emergency of your predicament very quickly it will be a completely silent affair.
Even someone within a few metres of the scene will be completely unaware of it unless they can actually see it happening.

Yes but even a third party would need to be a speedster to have subdued NB, concealed her, left everything at the bench and got back up to the Garstang path exit by 9.15am! If NB was last seen at 9.10am in the upper field, that is a ridiculously tight timeframe! That window of time for footage doesn’t seem big enough unless they are seeing if anyone entered the path at that time. I’m guessing the latter. IMO.

A third party doesn’t mean only someone who kidnapped her and took her to a car at the car park etc. Third party involvement could mean various things.
JMO

I’m interested why the police are interested in dashcam between 9.10-9.15am - if Nicola was witnessed in the upper field at 9.10am, how can she be in two places at the same time - even if we assume the 9.15am time that gives her 5 mins to get back up to the road?! This leads me back to the reliability of the 9.10am witness. IMO.

Edited to add they could be looking for anyone entering the path at that time I guess. That would give them time to be in the area of the bench when NB’s phone was there. IMO.
I think they are saying 9.10-915 time period because if NB was caught on dashcam at the exit between those times then that would prove she had left her phone on the bench and was trying to do a disappearing act. Could be totally wrong though but that's my take.

He may have decades of experience but most of us can pull up cases we recall from our local areas, or do a Google search worldwide, and there is case after case after case where people fall into a river and are found miles from where they went in or aren't found for many weeks. So his comments don't make sense in that respect.

Another example, Zach Rager was a young strong swimmer who died in Washington of cold water shock despite relatively warm weather. He was seen going under...but was not found for 28 days Goal of Zach’s Law: Educate Washingtonians about cold-water shock
Exactly.

Unless obvious evidence emerges suggesting otherwise the most likely outcome is the river….

That avenue can take weeks to months to yield results despite expert input and technology. If it were so easy then missing people would be found in the water rapidly all the time….history tells us that this isn’t necessarily always the case

The language around this has changed since the presser. The latest update from Lancashire Police:

9.20am Her phone was back in the area of the bench

9.33am (approximately): Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.

There is no on the bench.

Is it possible that LE wanted to keep the information of the phone being on the ground quiet for operational purposes and a friend let this information out by accident? Or it could be just Chinese whispers! JMOO (BBM)

Lancashire Constabulary - Missing Nicola Bulley - latest update
In the latest conference today the Superintendent said that NB’s mobile phone was found ON the bench at 09:20

Edited to add they could be looking for anyone entering the path at that time I guess. That would give them time to be in the area of the bench when NB’s phone was there. IMO.

If you look at the daily mail walkthrough of her last known route from her car to the bench, it only took 8 mins.
It's not a large area, 5 mins is almost enough time for her to return to her car in a rush.

Here's a link to the video only:

Or if you like advertising, here it is on Daily Mail:

Thank you for saying this as I thought it was just me - I'm gobsmacked. Her hair is absolutely not "brown" and is clearly blonde from the recent pics and CCTV at her house we have seen. It reminds me of Claudia Lawrence when everyone was looking for a blonde when in fact, she had brown hair when she disappeared because the police had used an old picture when she had bleached her hair.
I'm shocked .
In my view , regardless of what has been said before , this is nowhere near "light-brown hair".

Not been funny but the river Ouse in York, and the river Wyre at the point where NB was, are 2 totally different things. It’s like comparing apples with pears IMO
Agree, every river is different & I think this is part of the problem ( media reporting mainly one person who says she ought to have been found many days ago)

Link to presser transcript
Sally Riley Superintendent:
' As I said on Friday, the river is a complex area to search it's not a still water, it's a fast flowing, moving water that is tidal in parts and, as acknowledged by some of the many national search advisors and experts that we've been consulting throughout, this makes it particularly complex. We have already discounted particular areas of the river but as they are tidal, we have researched them to ensure that nothing has been washed back into those search areas.'

I think if there was third party involvement it would be either pre-meditated or an opportunist.
If an opportunist and NB was attacked she may have ended up in the water and possibly not in a condition to get herself out. This could explain the position of the phone and lead etc.

If it was pre-meditated you could never plan for witnesses becoming involved at a popular spot at that time in the morning it would be quite a risk.

I initially thought Willow was running between the white gate and the bench when found which appears to be a couple of metres. I suspect it was the gate I have arrived here….

Attachments

• 1C6EB4CD-0B50-4388-83CE-DBBA2AB792A7.jpeg
    1C6EB4CD-0B50-4388-83CE-DBBA2AB792A7.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 43
I think they are saying 9.10-915 time period because if NB was caught on dashcam at the exit between those times then that would prove she had left her phone on the bench and was trying to do a disappearing act. Could be totally wrong though but that's my take.
I get what you are saying but how could she have got up to the road at 9.10-9.15am if she was still in the upper field at 9.10am. JMO.

Not been funny but the river Ouse in York, and the river Wyre at the point where NB was, are 2 totally different things. It’s like comparing apples with pears IMO
They are. I’ve said above that they are completely different….the Foss ajoining the Ouse also has similar cases….

All im trying to say is when people go missing near bodies of water it is often the most common denominator contributing to what happened to them

If you look at the daily mail walkthrough of her last known route from her car to the bench, it only took 8 mins.
It's not a large area, 5 mins is almost enough time for her to return to her car in a rush.

Here's a link to the video only:

Or if you like advertising, here it is on Daily Mail:
Thanks that does clear that up.

View attachment 400967
So who’s the fellow dog walker at 08:50 am ? I assumed that was the woman in the red coat ?
I wish whoever is making these graphics and offering narrative could sort out their "Lanes" and "Roads". I have been tying my brain in knots until someone up thread explained that the path alongside the river from Blackpool Lane is evidently called Garstang Lane. This image calls it Garstang Road which is actually the A586 further north which becomes Blackpool Lane. The location of the bench/harnes/phone is also incorrect I think on this graphic. Confused?...I am!

They wouldn’t need to find the device itself. If you have a phone or tablet and another bluetooth device (speakers, headphones, smartwatch, another phone, whatever,) you can test for yourself how they could work out when the Fitbit left the bluetooth range of the phone. Switch on the bluetooth device, then go into your phone/tablet bluetooth settings and you’ll see it there, offered as an available device to connect to, even if not synced or connected. The phone doesn’t need to have an active connection to the device in order to know it’s there and within bluetooth range, and the phone will have logged the data for when the Fitbit left the phone’s range. They should also be able to tell the rough speed that the Fitbit was moving until it left the bluetooth range, from how rapidly the signal strength from the Fitbit to the phone decreased until the point it stopped, and whether that speed fits that of tne river that morning.

Yes, this is the simple technical means to which I was referring, as outlined on a previous thread. Note that this would only be effective in air - if the device was submerged in water the range would drop from up to 100m to a matter of inches.

And yes, Lancs will want to find and recover the Fitbit, for the reason stated in my previous post.

I’ve not heard anything about whether the harness was wet. I think that would be key if the case. It was also found around the bench area up the top of the bank right? So if it was something she was retrieving from the water she could have possibly thrown it up out of frustration and then lost her balance. But I’d have thought that would have been asked already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli