UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

So with murder it's not necessary to prove a motive?

Last edited by a moderator:
So with murder it's not necessary to prove a motive?
Nope not at all. Only that a murder has taken place by this person etc. Motive can help the prosecution’s case though. Especially with evidence, ie “this person robbed the bank, murdered s in the process using this gun that was found in the house search and we found this money traceable to the money noted to have been stolen” that would probably be a sealed deal but if you take the money and bank robbery away your left with a question mark from the juries eyes.

Is court sitting tomorrow for her case?

The last thing I saw last Thursday regarding next week's events, the judge said It remains unknown whether they will be required for next Monday. If not, their next day of evidence will be on Tuesday, March 28.

[It will be the case of Child Q]

Last edited:
In view of the above, I wonder, if they didn't have that note then they wouldn't have been able to have charged with murder or attempted murder at all?

<modsnip: sub judice>
Wasn't the note found when her house was searched after her first arrest in 2018? They didn't charge her until 2020

Wasn't the note found when her house was searched after her first arrest in 2018? They didn't charge her until 2020
I suppose it's quite normal for the police to put people on bail pending further enquiries. It probably took the them along time because they'd have had to process all the evidence/ intel from the first arrest and re question people that LL referenced in the interviews. I guess they had to ensure they had enough evidence to put her behind bars.

Nope not at all. Only that a murder has taken place by this person etc. Motive can help the prosecution’s case though. Especially with evidence, ie “this person robbed the bank, murdered s in the process using this gun that was found in the house search and we found this money traceable to the money noted to have been stolen” that would probably be a sealed deal but if you take the money and bank robbery away your left with a question mark from the juries eyes.
The example you give is evidence to assist the jury with placing the perpetrator at the scene of the murder, rather than removing the jury's doubt purely based on uncertainty of motive.

Most murders are reactions to a dispute between two people. The murderer decides to kill because they see red.

With any serial killer the motive is going to be to accomplish a goal or a fantasy understood only by the killer, it's not something that you would hear and think 'that makes perfect sense so it must be X who did it', whether it's the killing of babies or hitchhikers or people with purple hair. It is due to the secret and guarded psychology of the killer. I think if a jury is in agreement about what happened, the unanswered why question is not going to be a barrier to the who question. It was only members of staff who had opportunity.

JMO

The example you give is evidence to assist the jury with placing the perpetrator at the scene of the murder, rather than removing the jury's doubt purely based on uncertainty of motive.

Most murders are reactions to a dispute between two people. The murderer decides to kill because they see red.

With any serial killer the motive is going to be to accomplish a goal or a fantasy understood only by the killer, it's not something that you would hear and think 'that makes perfect sense so it must be X who did it', whether it's the killing of babies or hitchhikers or people with purple hair. It is due to the secret and guarded psychology of the killer. I think if a jury is in agreement about what happened, the unanswered why question is not going to be a barrier to the who question. It was only members of staff who had opportunity.

JMO
Exactly. There is no understandable, logical motive for attacking newborn babies. None.

Yes, no understandable or logical motive for attacking newborn babies - but somewhere there is some sort of motive, there must be, however weird.

Yes, no understandable or logical motive for attacking newborn babies - but somewhere there is some sort of motive, there must be, however weird.
Mental aberrations usually have root in (early) childhood.

Except maybe head trauma/s in later life.

Or other psychological traumas.

Sometimes ppl don't really understand their own actions.
Only therapies can help.
To get to the core of the problem and work through it.

Motives are elusive.

JMO

Last edited:
I think the motive for people who have intense compulsions are hidden and obscured.

I think, if allegations are true, the motivations were not visible, even to the defendant. I think they were a powerful driving force that took over and were not logical.

Almost like an addiction to attention and victimhood?

I think the motive for people who have intense compulsions are hidden and obscured.

I think, if allegations are true, the motivations were not visible, even to the defendant. I think they were a powerful driving force that took over and were not logical.

Almost like an addiction to attention and victimhood?
Yes, in cases such as Beverley Allitt, it was all about a craving for attention and sympathy and drama. They are incapable of any feeling for other people's suffering, but good at acting as if they care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase