UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
12:27pm

Letby messages a doctor at 10.48pm: 'Do I need to be worried about what Dr Gibbs was asking?'
Response: 'No.
'He was asking to make sure that normal procedures were being carried out'
'What exactly did he ask?'
Letby replies Dr Gibbs had been asking colleague Mary Griffiths who was present in the room (when Child Q had collapsed) and how quickly someone had gone to him because Lucy Letby had not been there.
The response: 'All he was doing was checking there was not a delay and that a room had been left empty...there is nothing to worry about'.
The doctor adds: 'You can't be with two babies in different nurseries at the same time, let alone predict when they're going to crash'.
Letby: 'I know, and I didn't leave them alone'.
The response: Nobody has accused you of neglecting a baby or causing a deterioration'.
Letby responds she wonders if, following the deaths of two babies, she is doing well enough.
The doctor replies he would be willing to provide a statement to back Letby up in any event.
He adds: 'It's why I am so happy to work with you. You don't flap, you give perfectly sensible sugfgestions...
'No more doubt - it's not you, it's the babies.'
Letby adds: 'So relieved that it's you who has been there throughout.'

So
Almost all survivors are left brain damaged, unable to fend for themselves, robbed of fullfilling life.

This case is a nightmare.

If she is found guilty, I will never watch any documentary/ programme about this monstrosity.

I will try to erase the name from my memory :(

It really is a case I wish I'd never started following, but now feel compelled to stay till the end. We've only been getting a tiny snippet of what the jury and parents are hearing and its been harrowing reading. Some of the cruelest allegations I've ever had the misfortune to read about.

Letby responds she wonders if, following the deaths of two babies, she is doing well enough.
The doctor replies he would be willing to provide a statement to back Letby up in any event.
He adds: 'It's why I am so happy to work with you. You don't flap, you give perfectly sensible sugfgestions...

Jesus, that comment has come back to haunt him! And may be the reason she was upset to see him giving evidence behind a screen , rather than "backing her up"

Jesus, that comment has come back to haunt him! And may be the reason she was upset to see him giving evidence behind a screen , rather than "backing her up"
I noticed the same thing.

Everything seems to fall into place.

JMO

12:28pm

The doctor replies: 'It's true. You are one of a few nurses across the region...that I would trust with my own children...
Letby: Don't know what to say, thank you.
The doctor replies: 'Self doubt finished?'
Letby: 'I think so, thank you ++'

12:30pm

The sequence of events says the messages between Letby and the doctor continue from 12.18am-1.36am on June 26, on topics not related to Child Q.

12:33pm

At 8.15am on June 26, nurse Amy Davies records for Child Q, improved blood gas readings through the night.
'From 0200-0600 [Child Q] was very settled, minimal handling carried out, HR reduced to 158-170....Gas repeated at 0623, poor result...Dr contacted [and reviewed]...'
Child Q was transferred to Alder Hey on June 26 and was treated there until June 28.

12:37pm

On June 26, Letby is messaging a nursing colleague from 7.50am.
The nursing colleague was working at the time.
The nurse says Child Q was improving but then had 'crap gas' at 5am.
She adds 'staffing is s***e isn't it'.
Letby: 'Bloody hell. It's not safe is it especially with what's gone on'
'I worry that we have got a bug or virus on the unit'
The nursing colleague replies: 'Virus would explain a lot'.

12:39pm

Letby messages the doctor colleague: 'Will you let me know how [Child Q] gets on today please'
'Of course I will' is the reply.
The messages continue throughout the morning.
The doctor adds at 12.19pm: '[Child Q] has nec'
Letby: 'Ok that's good in a way to have a cause. Going to AHCH [Alder Hey Children's Hospital]?
'Is he stable?'
Doctor: 'Ish. Ventilation was up and down overnight...'

12:44pm

Letby messages a nursing colleague to say Child Q was 'unwell with NEC, going to picu'
The response: 'Oh no poor [Child Q]! Who's told you that?'
Letby responds that the doctor let her know.
The nurse later messages Letby: They think [Child Q] could be a volvulous apparently'
Letby responds: 'Oh no.'

12:51pm

The doctor messages Letby on June 27 at 10.55am - 'Not sure if the unit is open for transfers. Few managers/directors around this morning'.
The doctor adds it's 'odd' Child M was only at Alder Hey for 14 hours as he was coming back to the Countess of Chester Hospital. He says there is a lack of beds at Alder Hey, and it's disruptive for the parents. Letby agrees.
The final sequence of events concludes by noting Child Q was looked after at the Countess of Chester Hospital between June 28 and July 25, 2016, when he was discharged.

I noticed the same thing.

Everything seems to fall into place.

JMO
Is this "Doc Choc" by the way? It may be that these are entirely hypothetical children he's referring to but, if not, it makes you wonder about his relationship/marital status. If anything is being "held back" I wonder if it's to do with that.

12:28pm

The doctor replies: 'It's true. You are one of a few nurses across the region...that I would trust with my own children...
The doctor replies: 'Self doubt finished?'
Letby: 'I think so, thank you ++'

Yup, I can definitely see why Dr A/NiceGuy/Choc decided to stay anonymous!

I wonder if the prosecution is allowed to ask him if he still feels that way

1:04pm

A diagram shown at the end of the June 25, 2016 day shift shows there are three babies, including Child Q, in nursery 1, two in room 2, three in room 3 and four in room 4.
Letby is the designated nurse for Child Q only at the end of the shift, with care of her other designated baby being transferred to another nurse.

Is this "Doc Choc" by the way? It may be that these are entirely hypothetical children he's referring to but, if not, it makes you wonder about his relationship/marital status. If anything is being "held back" I wonder if it's to do with that.

Yup it is he! I'd assumed hypothetical , but who knows?

12:27pm

Letby messages a doctor at 10.48pm: 'Do I need to be worried about what Dr Gibbs was asking?'
Response: 'No.
'He was asking to make sure that normal procedures were being carried out'
'What exactly did he ask?'
Letby replies Dr Gibbs had been asking colleague Mary Griffiths who was present in the room (when Child Q had collapsed) and how quickly someone had gone to him because Lucy Letby had not been there.
The response: 'All he was doing was checking there was not a delay and that a room had been left empty...there is nothing to worry about'.
The doctor adds: 'You can't be with two babies in different nurseries at the same time, let alone predict when they're going to crash'.
Letby: 'I know, and I didn't leave them alone'.
The response: Nobody has accused you of neglecting a baby or causing a deterioration'.

“Letby adds: 'So relieved that it's you who has been there throughout.'”

im wondering why she was relieved it was him? The way that reads to me it isn’t something of a friendly nature. It’s not “I like you, so good to have you around“ it’s more about not having the other docs around.

I know it's been said that there is a higher percentage of multiples in a NNU but I think the fact that two babies were allegedly targeted who started off as multiples but (due to pregnancy loss) weren't by the time they arrived at the NNU is interesting!

If guilty, IMO
Maybe some of our NNU people might chime in, but would Letby be privy to this information? Eg in child Q’s case the mother had surgery for the ectopic at 9 weeks, which would likely have been done under general anaesthetic. Would this sort of information be contained within Child Q’s notes? Or would it be on the mother’s records only?

Maybe some of our NNU people might chime in, but would Letby be privy to this information? Eg in child Q’s case the mother had surgery for the ectopic at 9 weeks, which would likely have been done under general anaesthetic. Would this sort of information be contained within Child Q’s notes? Or would it be on the mother’s records only?

It would very likely be in the notes. However, in my experience neonatal staff are normally informed of any significant maternal history, so they can be sensitive to this in their interactions with the parents.

and I think partly the reason she became so visibly emotional, her greatest ally who said he would back her up in any situation and provide a statement in her defence has essentially turned his back on her now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes