GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Not only enjoying killing babies but she also must have enjoyed hurting those parents so much when they should be at their happiest doting over their newborn. From the high of having a baby to the low of having them murdered would have been agonising, soul destroying, you name it.

Justice for the babes and their families.

Yes. I always thought she enjoyed continuing to see how sad the families were when I read about her Facebook searches on Christmas day etc. So evil.

Yes. I always thought she enjoyed continuing to see how sad the families were when I read about her Facebook searches on Christmas day etc. So evil.
I agree. I don’t know what kind of personality type it is, sociopath perhaps, but certainly there are people who enjoy the pain and hurt experienced by others and having the power of life or death in their hands and misusing it. Sometimes I think some who thought Letby innocent forgot that such people exist, or perhaps they thought a young-ish blonde-ish woman wasn’t capable of such things, but no doubt Letby is that type.

Just answered my own question

The prosecutor Nick Johnson KC told the court the CPS would need 28 days to decide whether to seek a retrial on the six counts of attempted murder on which jurors were unable to reach verdicts. They relate to three baby girls and two newborn boys.
I wonder if they can add a GBH option for those undecided attempted murder charges if they do decide on a retrial, as I always suspected the lack of GBH option could cause difficulty with the AM charges.

The 22 charges and the jury's decision:

• Count 1 - murder of Child A, a baby boy, on June 8, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 2 - attempted murder of Child B (twin of Child A), a baby girl, between June 8-11, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 3 - murder of Child C, a baby boy, on June 14, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 4 - murder of Child D, a baby girl, on June 22, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 5 - murder of Child E, a baby boy, on August 4, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 6 - attempted murder of Child F (twin of Child E), a baby boy, on August 5, 2015: GUILTY UNANIMOUSLY
  • Count 7 - attempted murder of Child G, a baby girl, on September 7, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 8 - attempted murder of Child G on September 21, 2015 at about 10.15am: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 9 - attempted murder of Child G on September 21, 2015 at about 3.30pm: NOT GUILTY
  • Count 10 - attempted murder of Child H, a baby girl, on September 26, 2015: NOT GUILTY
  • Count 11 - attempted murder of Child H on September 27, 2015: NO VERDICT
  • Count 12 - murder of Child I, a baby girl, on October 23, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 13 - attempted murder of Child J, a baby girl, on November 27, 2015: NO VERDICT
  • Count 14 - attempted murder of Child K, a baby girl, on February 17, 2016: NO VERDICT
  • Count 15 - attempted murder of Child L, a baby boy, on April 9, 2016: GUILTY UNANIMOUSLY
  • Count 16 - attempted murder of Child M (twin of Child L), a baby boy, on April 9, 2016: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 17 - attempted murder of Child N, a baby boy, on June 3, 2016: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 18 - attempted murder of Child N on June 15, 2016, at about 7.15am-7.30am: NO VERDICT
  • Count 19 - attempted murder of Child N on June 15, 2016, at about 3pm: NO VERDICT
  • Count 20 - murder of Child O, a baby boy, on June 23, 2016: GUILTY UNANIMOUSLY
  • Count 21 - murder of Child P (triplet brother of Child O), a baby boy, on June 24, 2016: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 22 - attempted murder of Child Q, a baby boy, on June 25, 2016: NO VERDICT

We were all so worried about the insulin questions, but those were the first two guilty verdicts, and two of the only unanimous verdicts. (The others being guilty for Child O and not guilty for one charge each of attempted murder for children H and G (though majority verdicts were reached for other AM charges for G, and an AM charge for H still has the possibility of a verdict if she is retried on that count.)

MOO

The BBC investigation also found:
  • The hospital's top manager demanded the doctors write an apology to Letby and told them to stop making allegations against her
  • Two consultants were ordered to attend mediation with Letby, even though they suspected she was killing babies
  • When she was finally moved, Letby was assigned to the risk and patient safety office, where she had access to sensitive documents from the neonatal unit and was in close proximity to senior managers whose job it was to investigate her
  • Deaths were not reported appropriately, which meant the high fatality rate could not be picked up by the wider NHS system, a manager who took over after the deaths has told the BBC
  • As well as the seven murder convictions, Letby was on duty for another six baby deaths at the hospital - and the police have widened their investigation
  • Two babies also died while Letby was working at Liverpool Women's Hospital

sorry if this has already been answered, no time to catch up on the thread … but I just saw that lucy was not in court today, and she has refused to return to the dock since she got her first guilty verdict. (Hearings have been in several sittings)

Does this mean some of the verdicts were reached days, even weeks ago? And we’re just hearing about them all now as the judge has lifted reporting restrictions ??

According to Sky News right now the police are looking at whether she attacked other babies and reviewing the care of 4000 babies where she worked. This case may not be finished just yet.

sorry if this has already been answered, no time to catch up on the thread … but I just saw that lucy was not in court today, and she has refused to return to the dock since she got her first guilty verdict. (Hearings have been in several sittings)

Does this mean some of the verdicts were reached days, even weeks ago? And we’re just hearing about them all now as the judge has lifted reporting restrictions ??
Yes, the verdicts came in partial batches. First came on 8th August then 11th and then the final two on 16th and 17th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona