GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, do you know what date that was for? ( the cancelled one)

you said May-June for trip one, so 2nd cancelled trip around Sept? 2015? ( Am just wondering where the suspicion campaign was at around Sept re him potentially getting cold feet. Am losing track of dates now)
Letby says a future date on the Facebook diary, for September 2017, was listed as a trip to London, but they had to cancel as the doctor had a medical appointment.

Recap: Lucy Letby trial, June 9 - cross-examination continues

Interesting idea actually, it's possible. Would explain the never have children and get married line. Maybe very repressed with it, didn't want to tell her parents.

Nickname was the "innocent one" by her friends. Seemed to not want to admit the commando thing. I assume with her friends when sex came up she was very innocent about it like the commando thing. And looking at the texts with he doc, it seems to me it was never sexual or really flirty, part of me thinks they never did have a physical relationship.

Completely guessing here, pure speculation by the way. Just thinking a few ideas that make your point possible.
I have actually wondered if the "Miss Innocent" tag had a tinge of sarcasm in it.

I haven't followed this case closely but your comment jumped out at me because I've long believed Letby has borderline personality disorder - and acting out impulsively to create excitement would fit that theory. JMO

very possible but LL wasn't in the group 'looking out to rescue'

She is a demon.
there is no bottom to her depravity

example of context for the murder of Child G, September 2015
'The alleged incident took place in the early hours of September 7 on the girl G's 100th day of life.
Earlier, nursing staff – including Letby – had helped put up a banner on the unit to celebrate the milestone for the infant who was born weighing just 535 grams
.'

very possible but LL wasn't in the group 'looking out to rescue'

She is a demon.
there is no bottom to her depravity

example of context for the murder of Child G, September 2015
'The alleged incident took place in the early hours of September 7 on the girl G's 100th day of life.
Earlier, nursing staff – including Letby – had helped put up a banner on the unit to celebrate the milestone for the infant who was born weighing just 535 grams
.'

No, it was more the acting out to elicit excitement I was referring to. Borderline personality disorder is in the same group as antisocial and narcissistic personality disorders and it's a spectrum like any other mental health issue so I'd expect her to score pretty high on psychopathic traits too - many people who have borderline personality disorder are more a threat to themselves than others but you throw in psychopathy too and you end up with someone like Letby.

JMO

Letby says a future date on the Facebook diary, for September 2017, was listed as a trip to London, but they had to cancel as the doctor had a medical appointment.

Recap: Lucy Letby trial, June 9 - cross-examination continues

Thanks.

btw
In your link above, after she has been pulled off the unit and when she texts ' Tony phoned.....' I am assuming that is Tony Chambers? ( and Karen Rees)

Am just a bit surprised she's on first name terms with CEO and how he seems to be certain she's innocent . ( Am not implying any romantic relationship. I went to have a look and it has 6000 employees and 1000 Band 5 nurses. )

At 11.29

'Letby's message on August 8: "Tony phoned. He's going to speak to Karen and insist on the review being no later than 1st week of Sept but said he definitely wouldn't advise pushing to get back to unit until it's taken place. Asked about social things and he said it's up to me but would advise not speaking with anyone in case any of them are involved with the review process. Thinks I should keep head down.and ride it out and can take further once over.'

Lucy Letby used a secret code to record the dates of her murders in a diary she kept in her bedroom

Interesting....

I've just been shopping in the supermarket opposite the COCH and in the foyer there is a stand with a banner above it saying " Health Watch " and below it, something along the lines of " let us know your feelings about the care you have received in Cheshire West..." .(I didn't see the rest of the wording as I didn't want to stare then get drawn in to a conversation)

Interesting timing.....

Lucy Letby used a secret code to record the dates of her murders in a diary she kept in her bedroom

there's a 'Top rated comment on that from somebody claiming to be a nurse from Cheshire - rubbishing the significance of the LD ( Long Day code in LL's diary) as a nothingburger.
The LD coded days for April literally have the names & dates of murdered twins in LL's handwriting next to the LD. ( the June LD marked pages show that the police have obscured her blue writing to protect the privacy of her June victims & replaced that with their alphabet system)

Also this was published today Nursing colleagues of Lucy Letby insist that she is innocent

Colleagues of killer nurse Lucy Letby continue to insist that she is innocent - even after the baby murderer was jailed for life earlier this week.

Nurses who worked alongside Letby, 33, at the Countess of Chester hospital and remain there now are reportedly struggling to accept that she murdered seven babies and tried to kill another six

Last edited:
there's a 'Top rated comment on that from somebody claiming to be a nurse from Cheshire - rubbishing the significance of the LD ( Long Day code in LL's diary) as a nothingburger.
The LD coded days for April literally have the names & dates of murdered twins in LL's handwriting next to the LD.

Also this was published today Nursing colleagues of Lucy Letby insist that she is innocent

Colleagues of killer nurse Lucy Letby continue to insist that she is innocent - even after the baby murderer was jailed for life earlier this week.

Nurses who worked alongside Letby, 33, at the Countess of Chester hospital and remain there now are reportedly struggling to accept that she murdered seven babies and tried to kill another six

It's grimly ironic that in toxicology, "LD" stands for "Lethal Dose".

It's grimly ironic that in toxicology, "LD" stands for "Lethal Dose".
I was just shocked that people aren't looking at the pages closely to see that it's not just about the LD markings, it's what's written next to them & then they're posting about her ' innocence'
Accept that they are poor photos but maybe one of the Cheshire nurses who stick by LL have chosen to comment on the article?

The LD coded days for April literally have the names & dates of murdered twins in LL's handwriting next to the LD. ( the June LD marked pages show that the police have obscured her blue writing to protect the privacy of her June victims & replaced that with their alphabet system)

It was even reported in court during the trial that LD stood for "long day" so the jury were aware of that and this latest article is misleading. Here's a mention of it back in April!

A page from Letby's 2016 diary is shown to the court, with a note on April 8: 'LD [long day] twins'. The following day is 'LD twins resus]. It is followed in a different coloured pen by 'Salsa - Buckley'.

A page of June 20-26 from Letby's diary, has for June 23: 'LD ([name of Child O's initial])'

June 24: 'LD ([name of Child P's initial) A+E'

June 25: 'LD ([name of Child Q's initial)'

ETA it was also explained in court at the start of the trial what a "long day" shift was

• There were two types of day shift - a short day and a long day. A short day would end in the afternoon, the long day shift would end at 8pm.

sources:

Last edited:
It was even reported in court during the trial that LD stood for "long day" so the jury were aware of that and this latest article is misleading. Here's a mention of it back in April!

A page from Letby's 2016 diary is shown to the court, with a note on April 8: 'LD [long day] twins'. The following day is 'LD twins resus]. It is followed in a different coloured pen by 'Salsa - Buckley'.

A page of June 20-26 from Letby's diary, has for June 23: 'LD ([name of Child O's initial])'

June 24: 'LD ([name of Child P's initial) A+E'

June 25: 'LD ([name of Child Q's initial)'

ETA it was also explained in court at the start of the trial what a "long day" shift was

• There were two types of day shift - a short day and a long day. A short day would end in the afternoon, the long day shift would end at 8pm.

sources:
Looks like the mystery nurse from Cheshire hasn't followed the trial reporting.

Reporter: Rory Tingle from the Mail. Sloppy

The police will be aware of any nursing abbreviations. No doubt there's another meaning in her warped mind, I can think of a few off the top of my head.

Skimming the comments on the DM, it's the usual guff you get on there. The majority won't have followed the trial & just like to talk utter chit & argue under headline stories.

Re her colleagues, I wonder how many have actually voiced that. I can't imagine many of them talking to the DM, if so.

It must be very hard to come to terms with. But it's 7 years down the line since Letby worked with any of them. To believe she's innocent means they don't believe the Consultants. Nor the evidence presented in court.
I could see maybe one or two she's stayed friends with having doubts (for that, read manipulated). The DM makes it sound like she has a crew of old colleagues backing her. I'm not buying that.

The police will be aware of any nursing abbreviations. No doubt there's another meaning in her warped mind, I can think of a few off the top of my head.

Skimming the comments on the DM, it's the usual guff you get on there. The majority won't have followed the trial & just like to talk utter chit & argue under headline stories.

Re her colleagues, I wonder how many have actually voiced that. I can't imagine many of them talking to the DM, if so.

It must be very hard to come to terms with. But it's 7 years down the line since Letby worked with any of them. To believe she's innocent means they don't believe the Consultants. Nor the evidence presented in court.
I could see maybe one or two she's stayed friends with having doubts (for that, read manipulated). The DM makes it sound like she has a crew of old colleagues backing her. I'm not buying that.
A WS-er, think it was @Blondiexoxo made an astute comment a few days ago. wtte of once the Netflix/TV documentaries are out and all the evidence that they didn't watch is out, they'll soon stop believing in her innocence.

I agree, doubt any of the LL supporters will speak to the Mail or press and it's why we don't have a direct quote attributed to sources with name withheld to the Mail, instead we have a quote to the Times.
However I'm not in least surprised that she still has supporters among her closest friends at Countess - this happened post Shipman trial. It split a community. Takes time for people to open their eyes and accept they were wrong.

quote from Times reporter which the Mail has copied
There are still a small number of people on the neonatal unit of the Countess of Chester who think she is innocent,' a source told The Times.

'They are finding it difficult to believe she could have done it, because for so long they were fed the narrative that Letby was being blamed by consultants who were making excuses for their own mistakes.
'

A WS-er, think it was @Blondiexoxo made an astute comment a few days ago. wtte of once the Netflix/TV documentaries are out and all the evidence that they didn't watch is out, they'll soon stop believing in her innocence.

I agree, doubt any of the LL supporters will speak to the Mail or press and it's why we don't have a direct quote attributed to sources with name withheld to the Mail, instead we have a quote to the Times.
However I'm not in least surprised that she still has supporters among her closest friends at Countess - this happened post Shipman trial. It split a community. Takes time for people to open their eyes and accept they were wrong.

quote from Times reporter which the Mail has copied
There are still a small number of people on the neonatal unit of the Countess of Chester who think she is innocent,' a source told The Times.

'They are finding it difficult to believe she could have done it, because for so long they were fed the narrative that Letby was being blamed by consultants who were making excuses for their own mistakes.
'
Even the quote says a "small number" think she's innocent...so in other words the majority don't think she's innocent.

Even the quote says a "small number" think she's innocent...so in other words the majority don't think she's innocent.
I've now read quite a few of their testimonies given from behind their screens because I wanted to see if her main friends on the NNU gave any hint of their current stance. ( the ones who appear in texts, blowing smoke about how 'fab' she was and how there was ' a witchhunt' etc

I did find one who said she'd had sleepless nights for a long time thereafter and had been racking her brains to try and recall details. Maybe I missed some but am still at one.

well!

if you'd told me this, I wouldn't have believed it, I would have said it must be a mistake

LL's close friend D is a research scientist. ( Science - evidence based discipline. Research! Happily recounted that LL advised all pals to stay away from trial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat