GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember cs2c mentioning that in court she seemed almost infallible which I think you can notice in the video of her arrest. Even if she knew to expect them she was quite unbothered both in tone and deed. Seemed unfazed For someone with no prior experience with the police. I thought maybe because her dad was there they did expect it as well. I don’t understand how she thought her lie about the trauma of her arrest was going to work. The arresting officers could not have been gentler. This girl is remarkable in allot of ways. But yes as others have said cool and calm Is fitting.

The problem with a full statutory inquiry is the buck stops with the government. It’s no secret the NHS has been severely underfunded for decades now, and the current government has been slowly pushing its privatisation agenda, with the rags vilifying doctors and nurses who dare to take industrial action.

The COCH neonatal unit was running with a 25% staff shortage, and had consultant rounds only twice per week.

And that is normal.

The government needs to answer for running the NHS into the ground.

Trying to imagine motivation and came up with this.

I think maybe she went into a nursing career for the wrong reasons: not because she had a caring nature, but because she wanted the status, the admiration and authority that nurses are often perceived to have. After being one of the not-so-popular kids when younger, she suddenly has this chance to shine, to be someone that people look up to, even idolise.

But the reality is not quite as she'd imagined it. Much of the work is mundane, she doesn't always get the respect or admiration she's expecting, and some of the parents don't appreciate her presence. That really gets her annoyed. Instead of being the admired angel, she sees everyone focusing on the babies instead. She's angry with them, because she thinks she should be the star of the show, not them.

EXCLUSIVE: Detective Sergeant who interviewed Lucy Letby reveals the killer was 'cool and devoid of emotion' when talking about the murder of babies in her care

Lucy Letby was 'cool' and devoid of 'emotion' when talking about the murder of babies in her care, the police officer who interviewed her told the Mail today.

Detective Sergeant Danielle Stonier said questioning Britain's most prolific child killer was 'surreal' and 'intense' at times.

And she said that she believed the calculating neo-natal nurse only spoke to police because she wanted to know what evidence they had against her, so she could try to outsmart them.

Apologies if it’s been posted before

"Dr Stephen Brearey has called for hospital managers to be held accountable in the same way as doctors and nurses, after Letby was allowed to continue in her role until June 2016 despite the concerns of clinicians."

What was stopping the whistleblowers from going to the police immediately? 11 months before police got involved after concerns were raised. How many kids were harmed in that period?

I imagine it's going to be a lonely rest of her life. I cannot imagine her ever being safe in the general population. Most of the women she'll be in with will be mothers themselves.

If she is... well, male prisons may tend towards more outright violence, but sustained campaigns of pure viciousness are an all female speciality. May she live a long long long life.

I am against torturing prisoners. Suffice it to say, LL, maybe immature, perhaps infantile, was decent-looking, able, ambitious. She could have had a normal life we. Instead, she
made a deadly mess out of it.LWP is bad enough.

I don’t know if anyone has seen this but her parents behaviour during the trial was interesting to say the least. Complaining about the length of trial and disturbing the court during the verdicts, shows just how little respect they had for the parents who had lost their children In my opinion.The parents who had behaved with dignity and respect despite having to sit through Letby’s cross examination. Especially the mother of Baby E, who Letby tried repeatedly to discredit.

‘Determined to hear every last piece of evidence against her, they have, at times, been an irascible presence in court, lambasting journalists over their coverage of the trial and bemoaning its duration, which forced them to extend the lease on their rented flat.’

"Dr Stephen Brearey has called for hospital managers to be held accountable in the same way as doctors and nurses, after Letby was allowed to continue in her role until June 2016 despite the concerns of clinicians."

What was stopping the whistleblowers from going to the police immediately? 11 months before police got involved after concerns were raised. How many kids were harmed in that period?
Nothing stopped them. I cannot get behind these consultants being put on a pedestal. If SEVEN of them had suspicions why on earth were they not down the police station immediately. “We’ve tried, but management..” doesn’t cut it when you’re dealing with babies being killed.

I am against torturing prisoners. Suffice it to say, LL, maybe immature, perhaps infantile, was decent-looking, able, ambitious. She could have had a normal life we. Instead, she
made a deadly mess out of it.LWP is bad enough.
Same. Whole of life orders are controversial enough given they are an alternative to the death penalty. Generally in this country we aim for rehabilitation not punishment. I understand the issue surrounding Letby is emotionally charged and nobody wants her back in society. But a whole of life order is enough.

The problem with a full statutory inquiry is the buck stops with the government. It’s no secret the NHS has been severely underfunded for decades now, and the current government has been slowly pushing its privatisation agenda, with the rags vilifying doctors and nurses who dare to take industrial action.

The COCH neonatal unit was running with a 25% staff shortage, and had consultant rounds only twice per week.

And that is normal.

The government needs to answer for running the NHS into the ground.
Yeah, is it an independent inquiry? Otherwise its the government investigating itself and will probably mostly say 'we did all we can' while recommending some soft changes that may or may not ever be implemented.

Nothing stopped them. I cannot get behind these consultants being put on a pedestal. If SEVEN of them had suspicions why on earth were they not down the police station immediately. “We’ve tried, but management..” doesn’t cut it when you’re dealing with babies being killed.
I've thought this too, although I guess what stopped them is the thought that without the backup and support of hospital management, the cops would shrug it off. Its all I can think of. I guess in the back of your mind you might be second guessing yourself as well. After all, its not like at the time there was all the evidence we have now.

I don’t know if anyone has seen this but her parents behaviour during the trial was interesting to say the least. Complaining about the length of trial and disturbing the court during the verdicts, shows just how little respect they had for the parents who had lost their children In my opinion.The parents who had behaved with dignity and respect despite having to sit through Letby’s cross examination. Especially the mother of Baby E, who Letby tried repeatedly to discredit.

‘Determined to hear every last piece of evidence against her, they have, at times, been an irascible presence in court, lambasting journalists over their coverage of the trial and bemoaning its duration, which forced them to extend the lease on their rented flat.’

IMO
The Press should leave her parents alone.
It is no good to feed on their despair.
I think their precious daughter has dug an early grave for both of them.

JMO

Last edited:
Dbm - believe the article is incorrect

Last edited:
Trying to imagine motivation and came up with this.

I think maybe she went into a nursing career for the wrong reasons: not because she had a caring nature, but because she wanted the status, the admiration and authority that nurses are often perceived to have. After being one of the not-so-popular kids when younger, she suddenly has this chance to shine, to be someone that people look up to, even idolise.

But the reality is not quite as she'd imagined it. Much of the work is mundane, she doesn't always get the respect or admiration she's expecting, and some of the parents don't appreciate her presence. That really gets her annoyed. Instead of being the admired angel, she sees everyone focusing on the babies instead. She's angry with them, because she thinks she should be the star of the show, not them.
LL had a superiority complex and seemed to have a festering condescension/hatred for most people. Even her parents.

She either used people, hurt them, or both.

100% psychopath.

Didn’t have to be that way did it? I myself considering the circumstances can’t see the risk involved that might make them not. It’s also not the situation for a fob off ie “not my problem so I’m not involved“.

Exactly. They should have reported it to the police right away. Now they are being hailed as heroes in some quarters.

Didn’t have to be that way did it? I myself considering the circumstances can’t see the risk involved that might make them not. It’s also not the situation for a fob off ie “not my problem so I’m not involved“.
It’s the mindset of “I’ve told someone else so now my conscience is clear”. At any given time there were more than one of them with suspicions. They had strength in numbers. Multiple consultants officially whistleblowing, or multiple consultants contacting the police, holds a lot more weight than one consultant. I don’t know, if I was in that position, I would not have been able to sleep at night until I knew I’d done everything in my power.

It’s the mindset of “I’ve told someone else so now my conscience is clear”. At any given time there were more than one of them with suspicions. They had strength in numbers. Multiple consultants officially whistleblowing, or multiple consultants contacting the police, holds a lot more weight than one consultant. I don’t know, if I was in that position, I would not have been able to sleep at night until I knew I’d done everything in my power.
Yeh I think mr Myers had some very on point things to say to the docs. Ie “if you thought someone on your unit was killing babies you would report it to the police” I would not be able to sleep at night knowing what might happen the next day.

They had such weight behind it though, seven docs and many senior ones.

I can see how this divide between the management and the docs happened though. When in that position there is often a very clear line drawn N regards to who the investigating body beleves. Fo instance when raising a complaint with the police complaint services they often favour the polic within the law. Same thing happened here I think, due to lack of evidence the managers sided with Lucy letby. “No reasonable grounds to act”.

one thing I’m still gobsmackec by is the level of lies and deceit that are an absolute prerequisite of this happening. To think Lucy letby did that is incredulous. It’s shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member