GUILTY UK - Olivia Pratt-Korbel, 9, shot dead, Liverpool, 22 Aug 2022 *arrest*

I can’t believe that they brought in one of his mates to testify on his behalf. I mean the Jury surely don’t think that this is credible? Plus why is he given his name, but sitting behind a screen? And as for wearing the same trainers and brand that TC is accused of wearing, that is really low. It doesn’t prove anything at all, he could’ve just gone and bought those yesterday. It’s totally irrelevant.

I’m finding it astonishing that this is the level of information in this trial for the poor girl.
I can see why its one of his mates, as he is his supposed Alibi from cross examination yesterday.

However, I think he might have just underminded himself by wearing the same outfit as TC as a blantent attempt to support TCs claim that everyone wears that outfit. Its so blimmin obvious that I think he's shot himself in the foot there (pls excuse the analogy)

14:55Jonathan Humphries

Trial enters final stages​

Justice Yip says the defence case is coming to a close, with a few “loose ends” to be dealt with on Monday.

The jury are sent home, to return at 11am on Monday.

“The next stage will be for me to give legal directions, then you will hear from the counsel, first Mr McLachlan and then Mr Cooper, and then I will sum up the case to you.
“We are coming to the end of the case.
“At some point next week, you will be retiring to consider your verdicts.
“Go home, leave the case behind completely - as much as you can.”

That is all from us this week, we will return on Monday morning with further live updates as the trial enters its final stages. Thanks for following our updates.

10:08Jonathan Humphries

Good morning​

Good morning all,

We are back in Manchester Crown Court where the trial of Thomas Cashman is entering its final stages.

Today the defence will formally close its case and the jury have been told they will hear closing arguments from the prosecution and defence.

We are expecting the jury in court at around 11am today.

Our Crown Court Reporter Adam Everett is in Courtroom one and Crime Reporter Jonathan Humphries is in the media annexe in the building where the case is being livestreamed.

11:11KEY EVENT

Defence case closes​

Professor John Cooper, KC, defending, will read out a series of agreed facts. These are pieces of evidence that are not disputed between the prosecution and defence.
The jury are being given some paperwork to add to their ring binders, which contains various pieces of evidence including maps and timelines.

Mr Cooper says “prior to the trial commencing Thomas Cashman informed his solicitor that his defence statement was wrong”.
It stated “instead took the drugs to Nicky McHale”
“The difference is the S.”
“Thomas Cashman stated it should have an S at the end of McHale”.
This was raised during a conference between Cashman and his legal team at Strangeways prison.

JC: “On 24 March 23 Thomas Cashman was measured. His height was recorded as 6ft.

Mr Cooper adds: “My lady that is the case for the defence.”

That is all the evidence the jury will hear in this trial.
The trial will now move onto legal directions and closing arguments.

How can the jury decide on whether TC was in possession of a gun, which is one of the charges, when gun possession hasnt been discussed in the trial?

It would seem to me that they cant find him guilty of that, as its not been brought into evidence

And therefore, it follows that they then cant find him guilty of any of the charges, if they say he didnt possess a gun...?

I'm enjoying the prosecutor's sarcasm. "Drug dealer extraordinaire who didn't have a phone for a few days". " just a normal drug dealing day". " a dummys guide to drug dealing in dovecot"

Really laying it on thick what a lowlife TC is

Well hopefully they’ll acknowledge she can be both a woman scorned AND also telling the truth?
I find it really patronizing to call a person "scorned".
People break up with one another all the time.
What has it got to do with appearing in Court and testifying under oath?

I just wonder - is it possible that JN knew/recognized his attacker?
But never said anything b/c of code of silence?
Or did I miss something - again haha

I hope for Justice for Olivia.

JMO

Last edited:
I find it really patronizing to call a person "scorned".
People break up with one another all the time.
What has it got to do with appearing in Court and testifying under oath?

I just wonder - is it possible that JN knew/recognized his attacker?
But never said anything b/c of code of silence?
Or did I miss something - again haha

I hope for Justice for Olivia.

JMO
I think in this case though she was scorned as she sent the message to her friend saying she was going to end him or similar. I'm sure lots of us have sent messages/said something to friends about getting back at someone if you feel wronged.

But I do tend to believe her version of events more than Cashmans

Overall, from reading the court reporting each day, I'm inclined to think TC is guilty but I'm not sure that I could give that verdict if I were in the jury. There just doesn't seem to be enough evidence, or something that's completely concrete, and the explanations by the defence are enough to raise a reasonable doubt.

That said, reading court reportings is nothing like being in court and seeing the evidence itself may make things much clearer.

10:09Jonathan Humphries

Good morning​

Good morning all,
We're back in Manchester Crown Court where Thomas Cashman's barrister will conclude his closing arguments to the jury.
Yesterday, prosecutor David McLachlan, KC, delivered his closing speech and accused Cashman of trying to "pull the wool" over the jury's eyes. John Cooper, KC, defending, made a start on his closing speech and told the jury the prosecution case was "desperate" and the Crown had "got the evidence wrong.
Our court reporter Adam Everett is in the courtroom, and crime reporter Jonathan Humphries is in a media annexe in the building where the case is being streamed.

10:10Jonathan Humphries

Jury called into court​

Justice Yip takes up her position and asks for the jury to be called in.
Cashman is in the dock and Mr Cooper rises to continue his closing speech.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back