GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 20s20 seconds ago
Pros says "it's ridiculous to suggest she was in blissful ignorance".AL asks would NM tell SH or would he try to stay in control?

Would he need to tell her? She could have easily walked in on him & Becky in the bedroom. She could have heard the struggle. She could have seen him coming down the stairs with a body/suitcase. She could have discovered the body in their house. She could have walked in on him in the bathroom. She could have opened the freezer. And so on.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 32s
AL:If SH knew that BW dead in the back of the car,why is she asking Anjie if BWs in and why upstairs to look?

Errrrr to cover their tracks!!!!

Exactly, and the kidnap plan might all be made up to cover what really happened, and what really happened migth have been totally unplanned .

Who is saying this? SH's defence?

Yes this is SHs defence. Thinking a bit more about it, I guess he is trying to say, if she did not have any pre knowledge of a plan, and there is no dna link from SH to Becky, then she was not in on the killing.
However, that is not how he has phrased it, which is why I find it irritating. Wonder if the Jury will also

[h=3]'Why does it have to involve Shauna at all?'[/h]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6780397
Andrew Langdon is continuing to address the jury.

He is questioning why the blame for Becky’s death should not rest solely at the door of her boyfriend Nathan Matthews.
If it was Nathan, and a planned sexual attack on Becky, why does it have to involve Shauna at all?

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 4m4 minutes ago
AL:"This is a man who is doing everything he can think of to keep what he's done from everyone"

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 3m3 minutes ago
Mr Langdon is going through each point. Starting with not guilty of both counts. #beckywatts

Prosecution have provided no evidence to prove that SH was involved in Becky's actual death. All their evidence is to do with afterwards. Their best bet of getting a conviction for murder against SH is JE. JE requires A & B to conspire to commit crime X (kidnapping) during which A commits crime Y (murder) therefore, by law, B is also guilty of crime Y (murder) if B could foresee that A might commit crime Y (murder)

Am rushing but I think I've got the A, B X & Y's right

Yes, I had a further think about it and I get that now.
However, it might have worked better, imo, if AL had just said, no kidnap plan and no dna/proof of SH being anywhere near during Becky's killing.
Rather than saying no kidnap plan, therefore absolutely not involved in the murder.
He might say that later I suppose.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 50s50 seconds ago
Def say if SH knew what NM was doing she wouldn't have shown him the parody 'Do You Want To Hide A Body' #beckywatts

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 20s20 seconds ago
Pros says "it's ridiculous to suggest she was in blissful ignorance".AL asks would NM tell SH or would he try to stay in control?

Would he need to tell her? She could have easily walked in on him & Becky in the bedroom. She could have heard the struggle. She could have seen him coming down the stairs with a body/suitcase. She could have discovered the body in their house. She could have walked in on him in the bathroom. She could have opened the freezer. And so on.

And, if he didnt tell her - which is what AL is trying to state - they yes, she is in blissful ignorance.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 35s35 seconds ago
He says SH wouldn't have thought it was "time for a joke and a laugh" #beckywatts

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 32s
AL:If SH knew that BW dead in the back of the car,why is she asking Anjie if BWs in and why upstairs to look?

Errrrr to cover their tracks!!!!

Yes, I thought that was a very weak line. dont know about the Jury, but if someone starts spouting the ridiculous obvious stuff, then I start to lose faith in the rest of what they are saying.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 50s50 seconds ago
Def say if SH knew what NM was doing she wouldn't have shown him the parody 'Do You Want To Hide A Body' #beckywatts

must think we're mugs

So if I understand correctly.. SH lawyer is saying that NM intended to kidnap BW while SH was smoking an enormous cigarette throw her in their car and drive to a wooded area, scold her good for mistreating his mom, load her back in the car, drive back to her house and a contrite BW would just go back to her room having learned her lesson just as SH is reentering the house after her super long smoke????

Yes, I had a further think about it and I get that now.
However, it might have worked better, imo, if AL had just said, no kidnap plan and no dna/proof of SH being anywhere near during Becky's killing.
Rather than saying no kidnap plan, therefore absolutely not involved in the murder.
He might say that later I suppose.

We are only seeing the tweets - he might have explained it better if we heard it all. If it is JE it will be covered in the judges instructions to the jury.

So if I understand correctly.. SH lawyer is saying that NM intended to kidnap BW while SH was smoking an enormous cigarette throw her in their car and drive to a wooded area, scold her good for mistreating his mom, load her back in the car, drive back to her house and a contrite BW would just go back to her room having learned her lesson just as SH is reentering the house after her super long smoke????

is this a new plot for Alice in Wonderland?

No, remember he was going to run away once he had told her off .... presumably she would have somehow found her way home from this wooded area she had been driven too.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 35s35 seconds ago
He says SH wouldn't have thought it was "time for a joke and a laugh" #beckywatts

what about the LOL on the end of her message while he was doing saw practice "what time do you finish work LOL"

she has a sick sick sick sense of humour, seen time and time again.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 50s51 seconds ago
Of the shopping - "Maybe what he was doing is saying these things to SH to divert her interest and what he was actually up to" #beckywatts

Does anyone think the defence actually believe the story they are telling about the kidnap gone wrong and SH being innocent of everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280