GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this is relevant. My husband was in the forces and is the untidiest person ever at home. When he had to be meticulously tidy, he was .... but when someone else is around to pick up after him, he isn't! Same with my son who is in the forces now. Untidiest bedroom at home, never cleaned, but brilliant in kit and bedroom inspections apparently!

I think the point they're trying to make is that he would have been able to clean the bathroom to get rid of evidence

It sounds like the TA was a real calming influence on NM and helped him in many ways to channel his anger issues. I wonder why he stopped going. If he was still involved with them he might not be in this situation today :(

He's also fairly bright according to several of the TA witnesses, incl his instructor...what a shame!

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins [video=twitter;656796934343127040]https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins/status/656796934343127040[/video]
He showed her a copy receipt of some purchases from 20/2 and she provided him with identical items...

But she still didn't think the repetative sound of an electric saw was weird - especially when there was no DIY to show for it. She didn't think NM's sudden desire to buy lots of cleaning products and make a single room in their hovel dirt-free was weird?

Let's not forget, SH was the one who said

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-34506138

If she wasn't implicit in the murder, why would she tell the police that she had heard Becky leave the house?

If she thought it was Becky she heard, then she must have known exactly where NM was at that point or she wouldn't have known exactly who was stomping and banging the door.

We all know Becky didn't slam that door as she was dead.

So either SH made that up .......

or she heard someone bang the door (which could only have been NM carrying the body to the car) so why didn't SH consider that it might have been NM? Surely she'd have investigated the stomping and banging, especially as he would have been outside for a while if putting a body in a car. She didn't say she 'thought' it was Becky, or 'assumed' it was Becky, she said she heard Becky leave the house. Alive. She couldn't have done, we all know that.

The fact she lied to the police about Becky leaving the house, tells me she knew all about what had happened

Yes indeed. If I remember rightly, SH said that she heard stomping down the stairs and the door slam as she SH was washing her hands in the kitchen. She then went directly from the kitchen to the living room where NM was sitting on the sofa watching TV.
So she must have known it could not have been NM doing the stomping as how would he get back indoors so quickly.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins [video=twitter;656797050907041792]https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins/status/656797050907041792[/video]
He also attended post mortem investigation. He seized cellophane wrap and contents.

(me - bit drastic?)

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins [video=twitter;656797943958282240]https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins/status/656797943958282240[/video]
Robert Coombe, Major crime team now giving evidence.His role was to review and report on video and CCTV evidence.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins [video=twitter;656798385991761920]https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins/status/656798385991761920[/video]
He had to review CCTV to see if any of those involved in case were in it.1.from camera from flats at end of CML from 24/2

Yes indeed. If I remember rightly, SH said that she heard stomping down the stairs and the door slam as she SH was washing her hands in the kitchen. She then went directly from the kitchen to the living room where NM was sitting on the sofa watching TV.
So she must have known it could not have been NM doing the stomping as how would he get back indoors so quickly.

Also, it wasn't their home, so wouldn't SH wonder where NM is, what's going on, where's Becky? Maybe she's in denial, she didn't want to know.

Sorry I know I should know this but who was the link between NM and JI then? Was it KD?

NM seems to have known KD and asked him for help moving "stuff". KD worked with JI at Airbus. Seems JI didn't know NM/SH

Is it normal for a trial to be so convoluted? Flipping back and forth between witnesses for the different defendants, professional and non professional, family, friends, colleagues. I'd be so lost if I was on that jury :scared:

?? if there were CCTV cameras on their house how come they couldn't see NM / SH removing Becky from the boot of their car?

We haven't been told yet but if he's the other person accused with JI it may well be.

KD and JI worked together at Airbus - KD was friends with ( or at least knew fairly well ) NM

So.... is this right? NM called his mate KD to help him move/stash some stuff, £20 grands worth of stuff for which he'd give him a lump sum. KD then called his mate JI (who was always up for earning a bit of cash, not many questions asked) to do the actual moving as he had access to a work van. I agree that DD was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time, seems he was staying with KD&JP at that time.

I honestly don't think ANY of The Stupid Four (as I shall refer to them from now on) knew they were helping hide a body. I do think a certain level of criminal activity, be it drugs/burglary, was the norm. I do think they were being greedy and looking to make a quick buck. And I do think they all must have started wondering what the hell was going one once things became clearer. There will have been some panicked conversations, I'm sure!!

I just can't decide what sort of jail term they should get for being stupid / greedy / dodgy. Less than 5 years for DD/JI and more for KD/JP?

Not sure this is relevant. My husband was in the forces and is the untidiest person ever at home. When he had to be meticulously tidy, he was .... but when someone else is around to pick up after him, he isn't! Same with my son who is in the forces now. Untidiest bedroom at home, never cleaned, but brilliant in kit and bedroom inspections apparently!

But it does show that NM would have the knowledge and ability to 'Clean' bath area thoroughly, without leaving any traces of blood.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 2m2 minutes ago
Jury watching CCTV footage of Cotton Mill Lane during the early hours of Feb 24 - when the body of #beckywatts is thought to have been moved

https://twitter.com/ITVBeckyTrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member