GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
From that article: "If it was your own child, could you believe that they done it? Exactly!" Lucy said.

So they're basing their opinion solely on the fact that they are, um... related to her. Cast-iron reasoning, that...

Not to mention they haven't seen her since 2010 and were only in contact via Facebook.

Hmm, that's not the photo I'm thinking of. Perhaps I'm imagining it...

From that article: "If it was your own child, could you believe that they done it? Exactly!" Lucy said.

So they're basing their opinion solely on the fact that they are, um... related to her. Cast-iron reasoning, that...

From that article also -

Speaking about her stepdaughter's testimony Lucy said: "Even if she did know what her partner was doing, she would have been too scared to go to the police.

Bit of a faux pas there as that sort of comment doesn't really help step daughter does it?

Quoting Insp.Dots from the previous thread:

I can just about believe she wasn't the one to commit murder, but I think she knew about it after, perhaps NM was planning on dumping BW in the river or elsewhere, maybe he even told her he had. Then she discovered he had dismembered her and that was the cause of the shouting that JI witnessed that night.

I'm wondering if she was furious because he had involved other people in the disposal.

If you look at the photo of the cooker in the bathroom here

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/...s/276410/Gallery/images/27976110/11149187.jpg

11149187.jpg

and know that the boot liner was found stashed inside the cooker, it appears that the cooker must have been taken out of the bathroom for it to be accessed. in that location it doesn't look to be accessible. a possible explanation for the items in the bathroom not being contaminated.

Hmm, that's not the photo I'm thinking of. Perhaps I'm imagining it...

I don't think you're imagining it, I'm sure I've seen a pic too. Didn't it have things like a kettle/toaster next to the bed?

Quoting Insp.Dots from the previous thread:

I'm wondering if she was furious because he had involved other people in the disposal.

that's what I think. now any of them could report their suspicions to the police if they hear NM is related to Becky.

If you look at the photo of the cooker in the bathroom here

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/...s/276410/Gallery/images/27976110/11149187.jpg

11149187.jpg

and know that the boot liner was found stashed inside the cooker, it appears that the cooker must have been taken out of the bathroom for it to be accessed. in that location it doesn't look to be accessible. a possible explanation for the items in the bathroom not being contaminated.

Ah! but do we know if these photos were taken before or after the police had removed and replaced the contents of the house? The jury and other visitors were told that the items weren't necessarily put back in the same positions, or even the same room.

Ah! but do we know if these photos were taken before or after the police had removed and replaced the contents of the house? The jury and other visitors were told that the items weren't necessarily put back in the same positions, or even the same room.

I think they are the crime scene photos. I don't think the police would photograph the house after they've put everything back. and in these photos the bath hasn't been ripped out, which they would have done after removing everything.

I am sure I saw and read that the boot liner was in the back recess of the cooker.

There was a photo.

I am sure I saw and read that the boot liner was in the back recess of the cooker.

doesn't that mean inside at the back?

there isn't a recess on the exterior back

11149186.jpg

and even if they took the back off, a boot liner I imagine is like a kind of carpeting felt material and I doubt it would fit in any small cranny between the back plate and the oven housing.

doesn't that mean inside at the back?

there isn't a recess on the exterior back

11149186.jpg

and even if they took the back off a boot liner I imagine is like a kind of carpeting felt material and I doubt it would fit in any small cranny between the back plate and the oven housing.

Isn't that it!! Bottom of the cooker there is a space at the back near the floor??

Isn't that it!! Bottom of the cooker there is a space at the back near the floor??

I doubt that space extends underneath the oven. it is probably as big as we can see and I'm doubtful it would fit in that, if it was the lining of a big car like theirs. I've only got a small car and the lining of the boot wouldn't fit there.

I doubt that space extends underneath the oven. it is probably as big as we can see and I'm doubtful it would fit in that, if it was the lining of a big car like theirs. I've only got a small car and the lining of the boot wouldn't fit there.

Sorry to mislead then. I had it in my mind it was hidden there but must have misunderstood.

I think they are the crime scene photos. I don't think the police would photograph the house after they've put everything back. and in these photos the bath hasn't been ripped out, which they would have done after removing everything.

Aha, good point about the bath. I had wondered if they were press photos, because I didn't think we'd seen them before the court visit. But no, you're right.

In that case, the house generally doesn't look as dirty as I would have expected. I'd assumed that things got cleaned up a bit during the removal and forensic tests - any dust and cobwebs would have been dislodged. It's cluttered and untidy, obviously (sorry!) but not that dirty.

Sorry to mislead then. I had it in my mind it was hidden there but must have misunderstood.

I think you might be right.

At 12.05 I seized a black fabric boot liner for a motor vehicle.

I had opened the door to the bathroom and could see a four-hob oven inside. In the back of the oven, which had been against the door. Tucked inside the void in the oven was a boot liner, we could see hair on the fabric.

– PC Michael Loveless

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2015-1...n-jumper-among-items-found-in-shed-suitcases/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven