GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking my spot. Thanks for all the photos - how these people lived like that I don't know. My house is not spotless but I still get antsy if there's too much clutter around. Tidy house, tidy mind and all that.

Also, good point about SH's cig - she'd have gone in the conservatory especially if it was raining. UNLESS it was agreed with NM that she and their child should go outside for a bit.

I doubt that space extends underneath the oven. it is probably as big as we can see and I'm doubtful it would fit in that, if it was the lining of a big car like theirs. I've only got a small car and the lining of the boot wouldn't fit there.

Oh my goodness!!! I surely need to give my head a shake. All this time I thought that a boot liner was a felt slipper insert that fits down inside of one's winter footwear. I couldn't figure out why on earth would they stash a piece of their winter footwear??

Off to crawl in a hole ...

I don't think there have been photos of NM and SH's bedroom yet. I'd remember if there was any as I find their hoarding truly bizarre. Apparently their bedroom was their main living area with a kettle and toaster in it.

Perhaps the bedroom was full of kids stuff so it was deemed a bad idea to release a photo of it - there seems to be an avoidance of mentioning their child at all in this case.

Also a lack of mentioning her ongoing pregnancy also as prior arrest SH was 3/4 months pregnant with twins?

Remembering when I was first pregnant I was on and off the loo goodness knows how many times.

I know her child/possible children should be given privacy. By all means. But they are a part of this case. As they have been mentioned. And of course anonymity will be imperative.

But if SH still is pregnant will that play an integral part of how her defense plays out?

Oh my goodness!!! I surely need to give my head a shake. All this time I thought that a boot liner was a felt slipper insert that fits down inside of one's winter footwear. I couldn't figure out why on earth would they stash a piece of their winter footwear??

I thought that at first too, yes boot as in car boot, or trunk for our friends over the pond!

that's so funny! :)

Also a lack of mentioning her ongoing pregnancy also as prior arrest SH was 3/4 months pregnant with twins?

Remembering when I was first pregnant I was on and off the loo goodness knows how many times.

I know her child/possible children should be given privacy. By all means. But they are a part of this case. As they have been mentioned. And of course anonymity will be imperative.

But if SH still is pregnant will that play an integral part of how her defense plays out?

she isn't pregnant. no explanations given as to what happened while she has been in custody.

She is not. Even if the pregnancy has gone to full term, she would have given birth by now.

right now I'm thinking NM probably won't take the witness stand. I can't decide if I think SH will. I think she needs to, but I also think the questions will be impossible for her to answer, her story is just so daft. But if she doesn't, it won't aid her case either. I wonder.

with JP and KD having already pled/plead? guilty, I'm wondering how that will be handled. Does the jury need to decide if they knew what they were storing still?

Aha, good point about the bath. I had wondered if they were press photos, because I didn't think we'd seen them before the court visit. But no, you're right.

In that case, the house generally doesn't look as dirty as I would have expected. I'd assumed that things got cleaned up a bit during the removal and forensic tests - any dust and cobwebs would have been dislodged. It's cluttered and untidy, obviously (sorry!) but not that dirty.

Aaargh!!!

:)

doesn't that mean inside at the back?

there isn't a recess on the exterior back

11149186.jpg

and even if they took the back off, a boot liner I imagine is like a kind of carpeting felt material and I doubt it would fit in any small cranny between the back plate and the oven housing.

Can anyone tell what the "someecards" magnets on the back of the cooker say? I've tried to zoom in but no joy. Just curious as I quite like them and occasionally share one on FB which fits my mood or reminds me of a friend. Could be a light hearted insight into something!

Can anyone tell what the "someecards" magnets on the back of the cooker say? I've tried to zoom in but no joy. Just curious as I quite like them and occasionally share one on FB which fits my mood or reminds me of a friend. Could be a light hearted insight into something!

I was wondering that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. ..

Hmmm. Maybe that's one of the reasons for her hospital visit early on. Amongst other things.

A blessing really. As enough heartache is to come for families involved as it is. Without the young ones now growing up with the infamy.

So, that's interesting talk about where the boot was stored (found). That small space at the bottom of the back of the oven doesn't seem large enough to fit it, assuming it's made of a material thicker than a shirt's material. Maybe what the investigator was saying is that it was found "pushed" (my own word) into the back of the oven, into the void (where you would bake something). Meaning not just placed into the oven but placed back up against the back wall (but inside the baking part of the oven not the outside back part).

If it was in that small, lower, outside section, it would be so obvious :)smile:) once the door to the bathroom was opened given how the oven was situated. For hiding purposes, it seems like he baking part was more obscured.

Hopefully, we'll find out the details during the trial.

In her 1st video interview SH says she "went down into the garden". After 15-20 minutes she says "we came back up. Went into to k--itchen".

Did we ever find out if there is a useable door from the kitchen into the garden. To me it looks like you get to the back garden from the "conservatory/roof terrace".

Crown Hill Back Garden.jpg

In her second video interview, the female police officer asks what she and NM did the weekend after Becky went missing (21st/22nd Feb). She completely avoids the question and recounts where they were from Monday 23rd onwards.

The boot liner is probably like a coarse felt material.
And in alot of ovens. There's a void at the base of it that cooking tins can be stored... I'm assuming that. .. or by void also meaning possibly the part where the trays end.. and the heating elements/ jets are located right at the back of inside the cooker. ☺

with JP and KD having already pled/plead? guilty, I'm wondering how that will be handled. Does the jury need to decide if they knew what they were storing still?

No, I think that would be a matter for the judge at sentencing.

Surely AG at least needs to provide a written statement if not give evidence? I have never followed a trial before so I don't know much about court procedures.

Also, how on earth did SH live in her house for 4 days alongside a dead body and not smell anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500