Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 March 2021 #2

My first time commenting here. Hi All!!

I have been following the comments on this thread and I have found the whole situation tragic. I came across this article on Oxford Brookes website that I wanted to share.

Remembering Richard Okorogheye - Oxford Brookes University

Also I read that Richard mother will be setting up a foundation to recognise Mental Health issues she commented that these issues should be taken seriously. Which made me think that the death must have been in relation to his Mental Health problems. Is she confirming that his death was a suicide possibly because he was feeling down??

As far as I am aware, the foundation she wants to set up is predominantly to help support and raise awareness for sickle cell disease. I think alongside that, helping young people with mental health but I believe the main aim is in regards to SCD. I suppose you could read into the MH side of things as her possibly accepting that his death was suicide. Although she has always seemed to think quite the opposite. And as far as MSM reporting, the COD is still inconclusive.

Nope - this seems to be the most recent article anywhere online:

Loved ones gather for funeral of teen found dead in Essex pond
Beautiful send-off for Richard, he was obviously deeply loved and respected.
From link, thanks..

''Throughout the last month, stories of Richard's hopes and dreams have been shared by those who were close to him and how dearly loved he was, MyLondon reports.

Richard's death touched millions of people across the UK, with thousands of tributes and messages shared to social media in the wake of his passing.

Richard's mother Evidence described her son as her "moon and son" and "the reason I wake up each morning and breathe".
0_JS233858116.jpg

Richard was carried to church in a horse-drawn white carriage with an array of beautiful flowers on the coffin (Image: Ian Vogler)

Two Metropolitan police staff members have been given misconduct notices over potential failings in the disappearance of the teenager Richard Okorogheye.

The student, 19, went missing after leaving his home in Ladbroke Grove, west London, on 22 March.

The staff members may have failed to pass on “new and relevant information” to other staff making missing person assessments, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said, after conducting an investigation.

An IOPC spokesperson said: “We can confirm that we have served misconduct notices on two members of Metropolitan police service staff as there is an indication that they may have failed to pass on new and relevant information relating to Richard Okorogheye to the team responsible for conducting missing person assessments.

“The serving of misconduct notices does not mean that disciplinary proceedings will follow.”

The IOPC said in April it was investigating complaints by Okorogheye’s mother, Evidence Joel, about the way the Met handled reports that her son was missing.

During a meeting with IOPC investigators, Joel said she wished to complain about the way in which she was initially treated by the police and how her reports about the disappearance of her son were handled.

The IOPC said at the time that its investigation would address these complaints, including whether ethnicity played a part in the way the initial reports of his disappearance were handled.

Joel previously has criticised the Met’s handling of the case, claiming her concerns were not “taken seriously” following her son’s disappearance.

Met police staff given misconduct notices over Richard Okorogheye disappearance

Here's a recent interview given by Richard's beautiful mother, to raise awareness of sickle cell, and the importance of blood transfusions within the black community. It's doesn't particularly dwell on the police investigation/the exact circumstances of Richard's death. It's great to see she's managing to find a way to draw strength and carry on.

Last edited:
"The death of a student whose body was found in west London was "consistent with drowning", an inquest has heard.
Richard Okorogheye, 19, was found in Epping Forest on 5 April 2021, two weeks after he went missing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back