GUILTY UK - Rikki Neave, 6, murdered, Peterborough, 28 Nov 1994 *Arrest*

il_794xN.233587272.jpg

On the second day of his trial, the court heard how police investigating Rikki's murder in 1994 began to suspect his mother Ruth Neave after finding a book containing a picture of the famous drawing of Vitruvian Man at her Peterborough home.

Prosecutor John Price QC said: "It was said, as indeed is the case, that in one of its forms, the posture of the image resembles the way her son's naked body had been posed by his killer."

Ms Neave went on to be accused of killing him at the house and transferring the body in a buggy to the woods before reporting him missing, jurors heard.

But Mr Price told jurors sightings that day showed she could not have done it and she was acquitted after a trial.

Leonardo da Vinci sketch 'wrongly made Rikki Neave's mother a murder suspect' | ITV News

The family are still here and haven’t given up. This is another disgrace of local police. It worries me that any of us could suffer the loss and then have to go through the ordeal of being accused based on truly ludicrous evidence. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rikki Neave murder trail: Witness saw boy with defendant

A witness has told a murder trial she saw a six-year-old boy with the teenager accused of killing him on the day he died 27 years ago.

Rikki Neave's naked body was found in woodland near his home in Peterborough on 29 November 1994.

Sylvia Clary, 90, told the Old Bailey that James Watson, now 40, waved at her as he and Rikki walked past her home on 28 November.

Ms Clary said Rikki was with "Jamie" Watson, who she knew because "he lived at the back of our house and his father had put my patio in".

She told jurors that the defendant, who was not in school uniform, looked at her and waved.

Cross-examining, defence counsel Jennifer Dempster QC asked: "If I suggested to you that was not James you saw with Rikki, what would you say?"

Ms Clary replied: "No, it was."

Last edited:
The family are still here and haven’t given up. This is another disgrace of local police. It worries me that any of us could suffer the loss and then have to go through the ordeal of being accused based on truly ludicrous evidence.

I remember my dad (rip) saying at the time “well she must have done it or why would they be so sure”.

I’m not sure how much we can discuss the accused, but he’s virtually unknown in the area. A real odd ball but appears to have been a functional psychopath, which is very strange.

I honestly hope...more than anything that justice is obtained for his siblings who seemed to be forgotten in all this and have waited so long for this. I am being careful what I write for different reasons but his mother....and they had their reasons was labelled with a lot of criticism in court and Rikki didnt have a great life or did his siblings come to that ;(

The family are still here and haven’t given up. This is another disgrace of local police. It worries me that any of us could suffer the loss and then have to go through the ordeal of being accused based on truly ludicrous evidence.

I remember my dad (rip) saying at the time “well she must have done it or why would they be so sure”.

I’m not sure how much we can discuss the accused, but he’s virtually unknown in the area. A real odd ball but appears to have been a functional psychopath, which is very strange.

Rikkis paternal family live in my town and at least one of his sisters leave here too. Ruth lives further away.

Last edited:
During the trial of Rikki's mother the jury had absolutely no idea that RN had pleaded guilty to seven counts of child cruelty. It was only AFTER the verdict of NG was returned that the jury heard the full details.
Whatever the outcome with Watson next year, I will NEVER be convinced that RN wasn't somehow connected to Rikki's death, and/or his killer.

Totally MOO.

Ugh I was just reading this again. The article is just ugh...and I note she has never proved her conviction of cruelty was false and she never will be able to either :( Ruth Neave once dubbed Britain's most evil mother pleads for help to find killer who strangled son | Daily Mail Online

I am actually confused by who you mean when you say the family are still here and havent given up?

I really hope there is justice for Rikki and his siblings, but I have no sympathy whatsoever for his mother's 'suffering'.

IN life Ruth Neave treated her six-year-old son Rikki worse than a dog. The little boy was seen to grovel at her feet on one occasion pathetically crying out: ''I love you mummy, I love you mummy'' after she had gripped him round the throat.

This was not out of the ordinary.

When enraged, his mother thought nothing of punching, kicking and throwing him about in front of neighbours in Redmile Walk, Welland, Peterborough. She would scream threats at the terrified child.

On one occasion she was seen dangling him by his feet from a bridge, 15 ft above a river in March.

In sharp contrast to the way she treated him in life, Neave showed tenderness to her son when he was dead. When it was too late to give the little boy any hope of a life filled with any love or understanding.

After Rikki was found and taken to a mortuary, his mother was seen to show an "extraordinary" interest in her son's body. She was seen touching him, stroking him, and kissing his cheek.

The warped relationship between this mother and son was just one element of the Ruth Neave murder trial which gripped the people of Peterborough for four weeks, and was in turns shocking and sensational.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...tings-and-drug-dealing-1-152807#ixzz46GZz0JLz

Agreed. I 100% feel sorry for R and R but for their mother..no..those kids went through hell for so long. I live in the town mentioned in the article and I know for a fact there were issues before they ever moved to Peterborough and I dont understand why Social services didnt act....( Cambs social services were in control here also)

On Tuesday, a former friend of Ms Neave was called to give evidence at Watson’s murder trial at the Old Bailey.

Asked to describe her emotional state, Martin Reed said: “At the time, she was very, very upset but she swung from moody to angry to tearful. It was just a wide range of emotions.”

Prosecutor John Price QC said: “What was she angry about?”

Mr Reed replied: “The fact that it actually happened – that her little boy had been taken.”
19ee9b5f3650ec4b68a664c04a148455Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjQzMTk3NTgw-2.21594971.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back