GUILTY UK - Rikki Neave, 6, murdered, Peterborough, 28 Nov 1994 *Arrest*

O
On Tuesday, a former friend of Ms Neave was called to give evidence at Watson’s murder trial at the Old Bailey.

Asked to describe her emotional state, Martin Reed said: “At the time, she was very, very upset but she swung from moody to angry to tearful. It was just a wide range of emotions.”

Prosecutor John Price QC said: “What was she angry about?”

Mr Reed replied: “The fact that it actually happened – that her little boy had been taken.”
19ee9b5f3650ec4b68a664c04a148455Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjQzMTk3NTgw-2.21594971.jpg

Ugh I hate looking at her photo

One thing I dont understand is why they are asking Martin about her? she isnt the one on trial here.

from the above article "
Asked why, he said: "The fact that it actually happened - that her little boy had been taken."

In a statement heard by the jury, social worker Deborah Lawson detailed a series of visits to Ms Neave and her children in 1994.

She said Ms Neave was seen "ranting and raving" but "would never physically hurt her children" <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rikki Neave: Mum 'blamed head for facilitating' boy's death - BBC News

from the article
"[She said] 'He should be in school. Why didn't you let me know he was not in school?'"

Ms Boxall told the jury Ms Neave "never brought Rikki to school, ever".

and

"
Ms Boxall told the court Rikki was generally good at going to school but was often late.

She said: "He would tell me he was late because his mother was asleep on the settee and he had to get his own breakfast.

"He also told me several times he had to make his own tea - the afternoon meal - as well."

Rikki was just six years old and had to dress himself take himself to school and prepare his own meals. Welland is or was not an Estate for kids that age to be walking around on there own although court records have shown he was out late at night again on his own :(

Mother of schoolboy Rikki Neave, six, blamed his headteacher for 'facilitating' his murder | Daily Mail Online

One thing I would draw your attention to the photo that shows where he lives opposed to where he was found. That is a pretty busy road especially for a young child on his own but also what makes it worse is there a entrance off the parkway that cut through the estate to go to Eastfield and Dogthorpe and City Centre so cars would come off the slip road very fast especially in the dark which again made it very unsafe for a small child to be out on his own.

This is kind of weird. The trial is at the Old Bailey in London...but she gave evidence from a video link from Peterborough Crown Court which is around twenty miles from here so by the looks of it she isnt actually attending the trial
Ruth Neave told the truth after Rikki murder, jury told | Cambs Times
I think Covid may have played a part in allowing her to testily from another court, but she may have also have said I won't go to the actual trial so if you want me to testify will only do it via video, I doubt she wants to have to appear in person when all of her abusive, neglectful parenting of Ricky is being exposed again,

I think Covid may have played a part in allowing her to testily from another court, but she may have also have said I won't go to the actual trial so if you want me to testify will only do it via video, I doubt she wants to have to appear in person when all of her abusive, neglectful parenting of Ricky is being exposed again,

She hasnt gone to the actual court once. Her daughters have even though one lives much much further away. I also agree with the last sentence especially when she claims its not true and the kids are there.

One thing I will say is interest in the occult and serial killers in no way implicates someone as a killer. An interest in the occult would fit several people I know. And as for an interest in murder cases, well that applies to most people on here I guess.

Also, there is no such thing as a "High Priestess of The Occult" it just doesn't exist as a thing in itself. Although you get High Priestesses within things like Wicca, and occult traditions, and they would be women that lead a group in rituals etc. If R did say that she was to neighbours I'm guessing she was just trying to sound impressive.

I think the star shape must have freaked the original investigators out. An unusual feature.

Mr Price said the DNA added to a "substantial body" of evidence of other highly incriminating circumstances.
He told jurors that Watson allegedly asked his mother about a bogus radio report of a child killing, three days before Rikki went missing.
He allegedly asked if it was true that "a two-year-old boy had been abducted from the Paston area of Peterborough and he had been strangled and left naked off the Paston Parkway", and that the body was found by "the dyke".
Mr Price said: "If Watson invented such a report of child murder on Friday November 25,1994, what is one to make of the fact that only three days later, on the Monday, such a rare and terrible thing did happen in Peterborough?
"A local child did go missing. He wasn't aged two, he was six. But this child really was murdered. This child was strangled. His body was found just off the Paston Parkway. It was by the dyke. It was naked.
"And this real child had been with the inventor of this bogus radio report on the day he went missing. And, when they were seen together, they were about three minutes' walk from where his body was found."

DNA adds to "substantial body" of evidence in Rikki murder trial

<modsnip: sub judice>

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Rikki's mother is not on trial here so stop the judgmental victim blaming. It is a violation of Websleuths Terms of Service.

Members who continue to victim blame will face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back