GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Awaiting Sentencing*, #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
His psych problems started waaay before. Even as as a schoolboy he was perceived as a bully enjoying sb else's pain.
To be fair, most reports I've seen online, seem like he was a nice guy. There is one report of him being a bully. Not defending him, but I don't take everything I read in the press as the truth.

Thanks for the reply. It will be interesting to see whether we get to find out what those factors were.
He had problems since childhood that werent treated by therapy/psychologist/ psychiatrist. And he was spiralling cotinuously downward. The murder of Sarah was the culmination.

To be fair, most reports I've seen online, seem like he was a nice guy. There is one report of him being a bully. Not defending him, but I don't take everything I read in the press as the truth.
Why would his classmate lie? Nobody becomes a violent murderer at the age of 50!

Last edited:
15 minutes of fame. It is just 1 report. I would suspect that if it were true, there would be more than 1 saying so.
No. I dont believe it. It is too serious accusation to be a lie for 15 min fame. I think this classmate had courage to tell what others saw and stayed silent.

Ah, but every school will have bullies, every workplace will have people that others find odd or uncomfortable, nasty nicknames are reasonably common. Smacking a colleague on the bum - this is not okay at all, but I must say I've been in many workplaces where these sorts of things have happened and again, it's somewhat common. On their own, those factors don't add up to much. However beyond that there was a step towards deviance (sex workers, while maintaining a presumably normal and happy family life) and then criminality (the flashings) before the current crimes took place.

Ah, but every school will have bullies, every workplace will have people that others find odd or uncomfortable, nasty nicknames are reasonably common. Smacking a colleague on the bum - this is not okay at all, but I must say I've been in many workplaces where these sorts of things have happened and again, it's somewhat common. On their own, those factors don't add up to much. However beyond that there was a step towards deviance (sex workers, while maintaining a presumably normal and happy family life) and then criminality (the flashings) before the current crimes took place.
I am not going to argue:) Im not a psychiatrist to definitely say what is wrong with this murderer. I just stated my opinion.

So... According to The Times report a poster sent - WC claims he suffers from a split personality disorder when 1 personality doesnt know/remember what the other personality did. How convenient!!! Isnt it a serious illness? And how come he wasnt diagnosed before entering LE?
Rare and serious and I'm sure somebody would have noticed. Strange that we've had reports in the press from friends and family. Some probably exaggerated - yet not one has referred to a symptoms of dissociative personality disorder. We've have pervy, nasty, kind, decent etc depending on whose been asked. But nobody has noticed specific symptoms. I think he might be feeling a secure mental health facility would be safer than being a cop guilty of a brutal murder in a cat A prison

No. I dont believe it. It is too serious accusation to be a lie for 15 min fame. I think this classmate had courage to tell what others saw and stayed silent.
It's worth looking at how the innocent Christopher Jefferies was portrayed in the press and at the subsequent Leveson Enquiry. In fact there is a brilliant drama about it 'The Strange Case of Christopher Jefferies'. Well worth a look for insight into UK tabloid behaviour

People do exaggerate for the press and our tabloid press do like a sensational story. I'm not saying he wasn't a bully or his friend was lying - just that our tabloids

If true I think that story painted a picture of inadequacy as much as anything. Which would seem to tie in with abusing women.

I am not going to argue:) Im not a psychiatrist to definitely say what is wrong with this murderer. I just stated my opinion.

I think hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Plus, we need to be cautious around too much hearsay/character witness info in the press from many years ago. When Christopher Jefferies was arrested for the murder of Jo Yeates there was all manner of stuff dredged up by so called “acquaintances” that ended up being published sensationally implying he must have done it via character assassination. And he was very much innocent.

Obviously WC is guilty in this case (he has admitted it) but there doesn’t appear to have been what I would call a deluge of obviously incriminating stuff that points to “all the signs were there”. Yes, the “rapist” stuff is bad (I’ve worked around people who have a “dodgy” reputation who all the women would steer clear of, but my mind wouldn’t jump to them being actually criminal) and teenage boys doing stupid things to look tough in front of their mates is bad - but I was actually quite surprised there wasn’t any more sensational stuff that has come out (unless some of it is so darkly criminal that it will only come out post sentencing).

I’ve actually always been struck by quite how personable and normal he appeared with a stable, happy, interesting and outward looking home life (hence extremely plausibly able to talk to SE for some time maybe?). But then that is sinister in itself I suppose!

[QUOTE

If true I think that story painted a picture of inadequacy as much as anything. Which would seem to tie in with abusing women.[/QUOTE]

Yup. “Men are afraid women will laugh at them. Women are afraid men will kill them”.

And so as women we have to navigate our way through a minefield of plausible but inadequate men who may just be the ones who turn to killing.

I agree. The creepy office per used to be an occupational hazard for most of us at sine point until employment law stopped them. They didn't go on to murder tho.

Far more alarming is the flashing because that does seem to crop up as a precursor to violent sex crimes. Plus the use of sex workers. Those do seem to be red flags

I can assure you dissociative identity disorder (previously known as multiple personality disorder) is very real!

However, I would wager that WC does not have it and is just a psychopathic sexual predator.

Puts me in mind of Kenneth Bianchi trying to claim he had multiple personality disorder - Kenneth Bianchi - Wikipedia

"He convinced a few expert psychiatrists that he indeed suffered from multiple personality disorder, but investigators brought in their own psychiatrists, mainly Martin Orne. When Orne mentioned to Bianchi that in genuine cases of the disorder, there tend to be three or more personalities, Bianchi promptly created another alias, "Billy".[5] Orne proved that Bianchi lied about having multiple personalities to avoid being prosecuted"

Just does not ring true to bring up the multiple personality AFTER the attempt to hide behind the Romanian mafia lie.

Why would his classmate lie?

Because newspapers pay money for sensational stories. I certainly don't think we can take the perspective of one classmate as 'evidence'. The stories about him from people who knew him before are conflicting. They range from 'nice', to 'normal', to 'odd', to 'sadistic'. Maybe he displayed all of those side to different people. And maybe some people are exaggerating because they've been asked to dish some dirt for a fee.

I once read about a woman who suffered from this split personality disorder. I dont remember the details but sth struck me - she had 2 sets of clothes for each personality, ate different foods and 1 personality was even allergic to food the 2nd wasnt. Had different moods. Aha, and both personalities didnt know about one another. She was treated in psychiatric hospital.

I’ve actually always been struck by quite how personable and normal he appeared with a stable, happy, interesting and outward looking home life (hence extremely plausibly able to talk to SE for some time maybe?). But then that is sinister in itself I suppose!

I think it's this, plus the exceptional nature of Sarah's fate - being abducted off a busy street at a not-exactly-ungodly hour - that has shaken us all to the core. It's precisely the horrifying sense that the signs WEREN'T there that is so frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels