UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was quite strange if she just vanished or attacked from the Poynders Rd without a scream. If some vehicle involved, It would be easy for police to track the vehicle via CCTV at the specific time.

This just my simple thinking, How if she realised she was followed by prep and tried to run until the NPR junction which has Tesco corner shop which opens until at least 11 pm I think. The one that would stop her from running would be a red traffic pedestrian crossing, or maybe she turned to a different street that leads to the back of some housing estate which has many hidden space from the main A205.

I think she is not the type of person that easy to lure to someone property by a stranger. She is a professional and has an education. My feelings said she knows the area quite well and quite often walking between her friend to her house. If I did visit my friend house for the first time in an area that I didn't know well, maybe I would avoid walking through a big common (park or area which doesn't have people) at night.

From the outfit she wore the day she has vanished, I think she is a person who loves jogging or running around the blocks. Just my simple thinking seeing from her outfit.

Hi, have read through the full thread and am caught up, its moved fast!

Hoping beyond hope that Sarah is found soon, this must be awful for her loved ones and friends.

This morning is the first time I've seen Sarah mentioned on the news where I live, although am in UK am not in England so maybe thats why.
I've pondered whether Sarah may have had a stalker? At the very least, it appears to me that she may have been followed that night, purely because of the 2 minutes between her phone call ending and the phone being cut off? Makes me think someone could have been following her and listening in?
jmo
You mean a stalker who had been following her since before that day?

Leaving via a quieter exit might not be so odd if the friend has judgemental neighbors, given we're not technically supposed to be in other people's houses at the moment it might have been to sneak SE in/out of the house
Newbie here - I was thinking maybe the same thing, or perhaps they sat in the garden so not inside the house and it was easy to leave via the back entrance

Local Crime Information for St. Maur Road, Hammersmith and Fulham, London, SW6 4DR - January 2021

Regarding the crime reports and escalating levels of crime. Whilst the levels seem high and the reports of escalating similar crimes are alarming, I don't know if this is an unusual level of crime for London?

I live in Fulham which I've always considered pretty safe and a street near to me gives out 47 violent and sexual offences in January - higher than Clapham/Brixton in this case.

Just goes to show you can be lulled into a false sense of security where you live.

JMO

This is a big topic, but for starters we have to unpack gang and domestic violence, which are two major sources of violent crime.

My initial thought was that they described it as complex due to the backdrop of the pandemic restrictions. For instance, people may be less likely to come forward with sightings of her etc if they were doing something at the time which broke the current restrictions. In addition, people wearing masks in supermarkets and such like may make it more difficult for identification purposes. MOO
That would certainly add complexity. The other women who have come forward to report violent crimes in the area might also be part of the investigation possibly, which would broaden things out.

If you were a young woman in the 1980s, it wasn't like that though. Even if not in Yorkshire, the shadow cast by Peter Sutcliffe was formative of many women's behaviour and I think women today are much more likely to walkmat night than my generation
I was a child in the 80s and kids did roam much freer than they did today. I remember the fear of Sutcliffe being spoken about also, formative as you say.

I think it's a tad dramatic to say 'stabbing epidemic' IMO - is not usually random people being stabbed either - they're almost always either gang related or domestic violence.

The biggest threat to any woman, London or literally anywhere in the world is an estranged partner, a current partner or sexually motivated crime by stranger or acquaintance.

Exactly

I mean so many of these cases I have followed start with the stranger abduction fear blazed across the tabloids/TV, when it appears the woman has gone missing while out and about - but that is an artefact of the staging of a domestic crime. Not saying that is the answer in this case, but we should keep things in perspective.

Hello - new here. I was looking at CCTV images - I am local - and noticed this car stopped at the same place (at junction of Christchurch Rd/Brixton Hill by McDonald’s). I know this could be nothing and also that it is further down than where she was last seen, but I was curious given the timescales and the car occupants could have seen something.

Attachments

• C787D703-C950-4E58-9CFF-9B4EF5E961D2.jpeg
    C787D703-C950-4E58-9CFF-9B4EF5E961D2.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 265
If you were a young woman in the 1980s, it wasn't like that though. Even if not in Yorkshire, the shadow cast by Peter Sutcliffe was formative of many women's behaviour and I think women today are much more likely to walkmat night than my generation

Exactly! It is much more dangerous back then.

I think a lot of this is cultural as well. We recently had a visit from an australian student who was amazed that local kids just got on the u-bahn and travelled around by themselves after school and at night. But its just how we do it in Hamburg and it is pretty safe

For this case, the only report is that her cell phone last pinged at Clarence. Nothing about the phone otherwise - whether it was powered down or ran out of battery. Why is that? Does that suggest that she put her phone in airplane mode at that point?

I've been wondering about this as well

I think the Police are concealing other information that have on the phone.

Yes true, if I recall correctly in Libby Squire case the suspect was identified quite quickly via CCTV but only arrested after 5 days had passed.
I would expect an arrest to come today or tomorrow, they have waited to try and let him slip up or maybe lead them to the body but if he hasn’t done so within a week I think they have to move to put the public at ease, that there’s not some psycho running about.

Unless of course we have another Claudia Lawrence but I think those cases are very few and far between so I would be surprised if there’s no arrest soon

Hello - new here. I was looking at CCTV images - I am local - and noticed this car stopped at the same place (at junction of Christchurch Rd/Brixton Hill by McDonald’s). I know this could be nothing and also that it is further down than where she was last seen, but I was curious given the timescales and the car occupants could have seen something.

Five minutes and the car still didn't move. Quite strange. Or maybe waiting for someone order a big mac.

I have been looking at some CCTV from the links provided and the only thing I have found that looks anything like her is below. Looks like a light coloured hat and potentially a light coloured jacket being removed. Trainers seem a bit too light and trousers too dark however. Probably nothing.

https://archive.tfljamcams.net/archive/Brixton_Hill__Lambert_Rd/2021-03-04/2021-03-04@02_36GMT.jpg

A couple of points re this image:

1) I am not looking at the figure in the white tracksuit but the figure crossing the road which looks to have a red hood and a turquoise coat. Has this been noted?

2) The road on the right is definitely Brixton Water Lane.

Hello everyone

Just joined up but been following since start of thread. Very impressed with the sleuthing skills here. One observation I have had and apols if already said is that 'complex' was also used in reference to describing another missing person case in the past - Claudia Lawrence ..
i also thought 9pm was a relatively early time to leave a friend's (even on a work night) and maybe there was another arrangement made for later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama