UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of points re this image:

1) I am not looking at the figure in the white tracksuit but the figure crossing the road which looks to have a red hood and a turquoise coat. Has this been noted?

2) The road on the right is definitely Brixton Water Lane.
Took me to turn my brightness on full to see this - both colours match that of SE’s jackets

I still think it is significant that the police have not confirmed details of the timeline beyond the doorcam at 9.30 and a very vague cellular connection in that area

especially they have not confirmed a 15min call until 9.28 - that is 3rd hand from her friends

especially they have not confirmed if the phone signed off the network

We don't know if the phone went dark at 9.30 - in fact maybe it simply stayed registered to that tower and didn't seek a new tower connection

1) I am not looking at the figure in the white tracksuit but the figure crossing the road which looks to have a red hood and a turquoise coat. Has this been noted?

My eyes must be really old, i can’t make out a thing lol

Agreed about libbys case. Didn't the police use similar phrase of appearing to just vanish when infact they knew she had entered PRs car.

Agree about the ‘appearing to just vanish’ line. They will know all of the different reasons for somebody to disappear, so yes they may be trying to trip somebody up with this comment.

good insight would those roads have been busy at time even during a lockdown? or would they be busy as normal?

Please can you tell me WHERE the person is crossing the road? Thank you

IMO this is a good theory. I walked the route via google Maps and I can't see why she wouldn't continue on A205 to Kings and beyond. Clarence looks like a zig zag or you go all the way up to come back on yourself. As noted Strava runs pre Aug 2020 a lot of runs end and finish around New Park road. Maybe has acquaintances in that area. Another opinion of mine is in her bright coat maybe someone riding the bus spotted her. And potentially followed. There is good space from the road side on 205 near her last sighting so I find it would be difficult to get someone in a car JMO

I also was thinking about this as a possibility, especially after a few drinks. Surely she knows other people locally. Maybe a tricky past relationship? The feeling I get is she really isn't the type to cheat, but only people who know her closely would be able to answer that.

Not a lot of reporting going on this morning from MyLondon’s live blog - wonder if the police are on the brink of a breakthrough

JMO I believe the police have a theory but need more cctv footage to support it before an arrest is made. I think the park searches are to rule out areas to support their theory.

I have added an image of the day before at the exact same time to see if it’s the traffic light distorting these colours, although as you can see, that’s not case. The previous image really does appear to show somebody with similar clothing to SE walking across the road

Attachments

• E4FAD40B-8713-4690-A3A7-D24BC6FF05AC.jpeg
    E4FAD40B-8713-4690-A3A7-D24BC6FF05AC.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 238
Another newbie, here, I’m afraid, so apologies for any mistakes...

I live on Leathwaite, very near to where SE started her journey from and one thing that has always struck me from the beginning was, why she left the friends house by the rear gate? The garden she’d have to walk through would be dark, and you come out onto a small piece of scrub land (completely unkempt and overgrown), before you get to the South Circular Road to follow around to Clapham Common. It would add no time at all to leave the friend’s house by the front door and follow the well lit road around. I know SE was seen well after this point of her trip, but maybe it just shows that she wasn’t adverse to a little detour, even across an unlit, uneven area?

The other thing is her phone being turned off. I know someone previously asked if turning her phone onto “flight mode” stops all ping activity (I definitely do that myself, if my battery is dying, and especially if I wait to listen to music). I have to admit another bad habit I have, especially after a cheeky vino or two, is if I have an argument on my phone, I’ll hang up and turn my phone off, so they can’t call me back.

I took it that they met in the garden or courtyard for the evening and didn't enter the house for Covid reasons. If that did happen (JMO) then Sarah would need the toilet surely especially if it was cold. Could she have gone to the toilet somewhere quiet? Or in that scrubland?

It was quite strange if she just vanished or attacked from the Poynders Rd without a scream

So true, the fact there was no screams I think has to be significant. This could mean a few things,
  • She entered a car of building (Even this is debatable as she could scream from inside a flat and be heard)
  • It is for some reason not in her nature to scream and to instead freeze up
  • She for some reason was never alarmed until it was too late
  • She was threatened to keep quiet (Possibly with a weapon)

If you were a young woman in the 1980s, it wasn't like that though. Even if not in Yorkshire, the shadow cast by Peter Sutcliffe was formative of many women's behaviour and I think women today are much more likely to walkmat night than my generation

It was dangerous at night even in the 80's in Brixton area.

So true, the fact there was no screams I think has to be significant. This could mean a few things,
  • She entered a car of building (Even this is debatable as she could scream from inside a flat and be heard)
  • It is for some reason not in her nature to scream and to instead freeze up
  • She for some reason was never alarmed until it was too late
  • She was threatened to keep quiet (Possibly with a weapon)

Or she knew the perp

I have added an image of the day before at the exact same time to see if it’s the traffic light distorting these colours, although as you can see, that’s not case. The previous image really does appear to show somebody with similar clothing to SE walking across the road
You have great visual perception because even after circling the image I can’t make out anything let alone clothing colour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard