Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hazard lights are an odd one - it's literally drawing attention to the car. I wonder if he said he'd broken down.

First-time poster here, hi - you're all amazing, I've been following these threads so closely in the absolute horror of the past week. I can't stop thinking about Sarah and it's so upsetting but I feel like I can't look away. I relate so much to her in so many ways and know Clapham well, and of all the horrific cases of kidnap/murder, none have ever affected me as much as this.

Just wanted to offer a thought I had about the hazard lights - I wonder if he could've pretended he'd broken down and called her over to borrow her phone to call AA or whoever, claiming his battery was dead. It would explain how he'd gotten her phone and disposed of it so quickly.

It does seem very risky to snatch her 3 minutes after a police car drove past, and to have his hazards on I would think could have alerted them, or at least drawn attention to him, so I'm thinking he waited until the car had passed and then put them on. Such a narrow window though for Sarah to have happened to be walking past at that very moment and that doesn't add up to me, which makes me think maybe he stalked her further back down the street. Really surprised to hear about the police car driving past and it makes me so incredibly sad - she could have been so close to being safe.

JMO.

Someone gave their thoughts yesterday about the psychology of the person charged. I wanted to add another thought to it, in that I understand his father died not long ago and he came from a close-knit family where the family all worked together, prior to the business folding and new career. Could it be, that he would have been too ashamed for his father, who he possibly had a close relationship with, to ever find out what he was really like? Could it be he has kept it under wraps, and under control, then since his father's passing he has felt more freedom to act out his sick ways? Some people do put their lives no hold until their parents pass away. I wish I could remember which year it was his father passed away. JMO MOO

I am sure it was posted that it was last November - but can't remember the link - a long way back. JMO

Maybe we're just giving him way too much credit and he's just not very smart. He may well have just thought that as long as he got rid of her phone and that any witnesses would cite a white car rather than the car he has, he'd be fine. He was an armed security cop, not a detective, maybe he didn't realise how many cameras are out there these days.

Looking at that article shared (Contempt and reporting restrictions - BBC Academy Joe Morgan (@nottherealjoe) / Twitter) - would it be correct (for those that know the legalities) that now after today's hearing that if any WSs did find anything incriminating on CCTV given new car details or generally, they should report straight to the police not post on here? I am a bit confused how it works now as do those rules just apply to the MSM?

I assume it is highly likely his defence will look for any evidence online that could prove he would get an unfair trial and we don't want to aide that for sure!!!!!

In a recent trial that did happen. The footage did come from another online source though. Was posted here and discussed at length. Never confirmed that it was related at all, until it was released at trial. There is usually so much other evidence that one bit of footage someone might come across and post here would not be enough to say that caused an unfair trial. However, I don't want to minimise the fact that we do still need to be mindful about what we are posting and how.

It really wouldn't surprise me if that did one day happen. I'm so impressed at how some people here are very clever with technology, researching online resources, and are clearly spending a lot of time doing so! Dedicated and passionate people. Often then posting here and saying 'What do you think of this?' It's not out of the realms of possibility this scenario could come about

yup I think this sort of scenario is likely and have posted similar up thread, it is still a massive risk of being caught or spotted at the scene for WC but I guess the risk adds to the sick thrill for these sickos.
Was there any more update on the number plates found near the scene?

Someone gave their thoughts yesterday about the psychology of the person charged. I wanted to add another thought to it, in that I understand his father died not long ago and he came from a close-knit family where the family all worked together, prior to the business folding and new career. Could it be, that he would have been too ashamed for his father, who he possibly had a close relationship with, to ever find out what he was really like? Could it be he has kept it under wraps, and under control, then since his father's passing he has felt more freedom to act out his sick ways? Some people do put their lives no hold until their parents pass away. I wish I could remember which year it was his father passed away. JMO MOO

It was November 2020 he died

First post:

- WC appears broken down - Hazard lights on.
- SE walks past & WC shows police credentials & asks to borrow phone as his battery has gone to call RAC.
- At the point turns phone off & pulls her into the car?

Not convinced at the RAC bit, she is an extremely intelligent woman, she would surely wonder why he could not use his police radio to call for assistance if his car had broken down

I dont think she would fall for this

I don't know the significance but in a previous thread knowledge posters assured us that a policeman can't take his service weapon home, it must be handed in at the end of each shift. Thank goodness!

Ive been thinking a lot about all this and peoples comments that police should have done something sooner. But I guess it depends how long he has been asking MP for help. We don’t know that currently. Currently all we know is that all of his raised concerns re using a firearm etc and stress are alleged to have happened within some days of the incident. I’m not sure we can expect an employer to have resolved that immediately. This is just my opinion. But I work in healthcare and if for example a surgeon said I don’t think I can operate anymore, that would have to involve a meeting with a manager, HR possibly and so certainly wouldn’t happen overnight or even within days. Especially if someone fills a rota. Of course if they chose to go off sick immediately that is something they can do but even then an employer would have to get occupational health involved to review and certainly my experience of the government services is it can take some time for that support to kick into place. If of course he has been flagging for help for some time (months for example) then yes of course that would be something I’m sure will require answers as not acceptable and I dare say maybe could have made some of this avoidable :-(. We only have so many facts currently. It’s all so sad for SE and her family.

I thought that WC would be charged with kidnap, rape and murder. Is the reason they haven’t charged him with rape because they do not have evidence?
I thought this too. I’d assumed it was a sexually motivated crime. Could they add a charge of rape at a later date?

Yes I have found the wording used in previous reports unusual, saying that it wasn't clear whether she had returned home or not.

I also noticed that in the BBC report yesterday on the murder charge. The suggestion that she might have returned home was reintroduced, but this could have been a mistake made in cobbling together an article containing a mixture of new and old information:

"Ms Everard was last seen walking alone down a main road in Clapham at 21:30 GMT, with police saying it was unclear whether she reached her home in Brixton."

Sarah Everard: Met PC Wayne Couzens charged with murder

Sarah Everard: Met PC Wayne Couzens charged with murder

Re: why a hire car when it's traceable to the person who hired it.

Hire cars are riddled with DNA, they've been used by 100's or even 1000's of people.

If a victim's DNA is found in a hire car there's plausible deniability, who is to say the victim rode with the perp, not some other random person?

If the victim's DNA is found in a personal car... That's damning.

MOO of course.

Hello

I’ve been a member for some years when I joined when there was a local (to me) case - the murder of a midwife Samantha Eastwood.

Ive been following the threads as, being a female of similar age to SE I find it disturbing, shocking and tragic that this has happened (as I appreciate those who aren’t female or of her age!)

I hope she is now at peace and free to walk without fear of being attacked and murdered and I’m thinking very much of her family at this sad time.

A few things that strike me and are all MOO:

The greyed out CCTV both at 9:30pm and strategically then thereafter at certain times (I don’t recall times specifically and it’s some threads back but one poster had listed a few that seemed to leak into the days AFTER the disappearance of SE - could this have been video evidence of WC or even EC returning to the Clapham area?

Could the search earlier in the week been from CCTV that came to light during investigation that the prompted their surveillance? Did they return to the scene to plant or remove evidence.

The hat for me was immediately suspicious. Not because I thought it WAS indeed SE’s but that it wasn’t but had been planted there. Was this EC (purely speculation/MOO)? And is this the reason for her subsequent arrest on suspicion of assisting an offender?

Did he/she return to Poynders court to dump her mobile in a drain/bin?

This would tie in with the theory that he might believe or have experience from his role that mispers have a pattern of going unresolved (particularly it seems within this locality) and that by leaving traces she simply ‘vanished’ wouldn’t lead to him.

Did EC do this on his behalf whilst he disposed of the body in Kent?

I do not want to over estimate ECs involvement in this, as of course, she may well be innocent and has a right to a fair trial as anybody. I just couldn’t get the hat and presence at Poynders Court/forensics.

The other thing that strikes me is the location - but for the Ring cam and Bus he has picked an area which isn’t covered by CCTV - was this intentional or coincidence? Has he scoped out the area for this purpose?

Just musings and MOO of course.

Apologies if this has been suggested already (I can't keep up with the pace) but I don't believe Sarah would have got in the car voluntarily - even if she was caught off guard being shown police ID during COVID, women in London are very wary of strangers. I can only see this happening if she were incapacitated through drink/drugs, which she clearly wasn't.

I wonder whether WC flashed SE, she told him to stop and/or said she'd report him, and he just panicked and bundled her into the car? Then had to work out what to do with her. Doesn't seem premeditated to me - he left far too much evidence, especially for someone in LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member