Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was said in court she was taken by force didn't it? I think he maybe tried to strike up a conversation (maybe as it has been suggested by producing his warrent card) but then maybe she was having none if it and he resorted to just forcing her in.

If he uses his warrant card surely he'd realise he's more likely to get caught if she lives and can remember anything from it? If he's used his actual warrant card I can't see a scenario where she was going to come out of it alive sadly.

I am local to the Clapham / Brixton area and have been doing a lot of thinking about how SE could have ended up in the car. I have walked, driven and cycled up that road numerous times so something that was troubling me was the accused’s ability to stop in a single lane of traffic with both car doors open for an extended period of time. There is enough regular traffic even at night to draw a lot of attention to something like that, especially with hazards on. I was having another look at where the forensics team were focused and the surroundings of Poynders Court. There is a small road that forms a U around the back of Poynders Court with an entry and exit that then comes back onto the main road (the curb is dipped here to make it easier to re-enter). Is it possible the accused went round the back and then actually stopped on the pavement itself (at a 90 degree angle to the direction of the road)? This wouldn’t disrupt traffic and having two front doors open would block the view from the road. He could have either seen SE as he was driving along and went ahead or used this spot as a vantage / watching point as he could have stayed quite far back off the pavement and moved forward easily if needed. The railing and area of curb there was a lot of forensic attention on would also be on the passenger side of the car so would make sense if there was a scuffle on that side. I’m not sure yet how much of the kidnapping included force or coercion but IMO the positioning of the car like this would make sense. JMO

Police cordon off flats in search for missing woman Sarah Everard

Yes - I was thinking along these lines. The car has been stopped off the main carriageway; 2 figures are spotted (not necessarily together - her still walking/perp “lurking” somewhere but also semi-discreetly, still visible as headlights of other vehicles/buses go past so spotted on cctv). In any event I wouldn’t be surprised if whatever happened wasn’t actually caught, but the proximity of these figures, one certainly being her, followed by her absence from any kind of cctv after the event means that even without spotting them together, chances are the owner of the car would have to have been the last person to see her. And i imagine this could all have happened in under 2/3 minutes or perhaps even less. (Not the busiest of bus routes at 9.30pm, and despite lockdown there are still a fair few cabs about it maybe not as many as usual). I think it all happened v quickly - but whether or not the whole event was captured on CCTV is irrelevant. Circumstantial evidence creates a pretty good idea of a chain of events. There may not be anything found at the Poynders Road site - but since it was her last observable location they needed to send forensics there to see what, if anything they could find. It was clear LE were mostly focussing on the pavement/road area out front, and later the grassy railing-ed in corner covered by trees.

What it is a salutary lesson in through is either seeing things with your own eyes or waiting for police confirmation of events. I had friends living locally who were frantically whatsapping that eg boyfriend of a friend saw them recover a body. Apart from the fact it would never have been recovered from the crime scene that quickly so I immediately doubted it, some people are way too quick to jump the gun on social media (myself included). Same goes for the massive police presence at Great Chart - there was a lot of chatter about the amount of resource, police mobile indecent cabins being wheeled in implying some sort of massive investigation. Hindsight suggests that while it was a large and complex area, LE needed a lot of boots in the ground, plus Covid restrictions probably mean they doubled up on vehicles/offices or something to ensure a Covid safe working environment.

I am local to the Clapham / Brixton area and have been doing a lot of thinking about how SE could have ended up in the car. I have walked, driven and cycled up that road numerous times so something that was troubling me was the accused’s ability to stop in a single lane of traffic with both car doors open for an extended period of time. There is enough regular traffic even at night to draw a lot of attention to something like that, especially with hazards on. I was having another look at where the forensics team were focused and the surroundings of Poynders Court. There is a small road that forms a U around the back of Poynders Court with an entry and exit that then comes back onto the main road (the curb is dipped here to make it easier to re-enter). Is it possible the accused went round the back and then actually stopped on the pavement itself (at a 90 degree angle to the direction of the road)? This wouldn’t disrupt traffic and having two front doors open would block the view from the road. He could have either seen SE as he was driving along and went ahead or used this spot as a vantage / watching point as he could have stayed quite far back off the pavement and moved forward easily if needed. The railing and area of curb there was a lot of forensic attention on would also be on the passenger side of the car so would make sense if there was a scuffle on that side. I’m not sure yet how much of the kidnapping included force or coercion but IMO the positioning of the car like this would make sense. JMO

Police cordon off flats in search for missing woman Sarah Everard

I think you make a REALLY good point and if you go onto Google Maps and street view (Poynders Court SW4), you can see the path is double width and driveway paving from the flats to the road, so a car pulling up across one of the entrance/exit drive ways makes much more sense - it is single line traffic so buses/cars still can pass without having to go around it, if it was white the Astra that she was taken in it gives the driver closer and more obscured access to her on the path - as a walker (plus other drivers) approaching you might just think it was an Uber dropping off so not necessarily be on high alert. Then whether he just snatched her or used his badge to make her stop long enough to snatch her - in that position it would be a lot easier to do:(

Last edited:
With all the discussion regarding the abduction I thought it would be worth mentioning the case of Joseph McCann - he was able to kidnap a number of women, some even during the day. His MO was threatening the women with a knife.

Joseph McCann trial: ‘serial rapist’ targeted victims aged 11 to 71, court told

Interesting to note how spread out the crimes were. I was questioning all the locations being searched but I guess anyone willing to commit an offence won’t be put off by a little travel time inbetween jmo

Yes - I was thinking along these lines. The car has been stopped off the main carriageway; 2 figures are spotted (not necessarily together - her still walking/perp “lurking” somewhere but also semi-discreetly, still visible as headlights of other vehicles/buses go past so spotted on cctv). In any event I wouldn’t be surprised if whatever happened wasn’t actually caught, but the proximity of these figures, one certainly being her, followed by her absence from any kind of cctv after the event means that even without spotting them together, chances are the owner of the car would have to have been the last person to see her. And i imagine this could all have happened in under 2/3 minutes or perhaps even less. (Not the busiest of bus routes at 9.30pm, and despite lockdown there are still a fair few cabs about it maybe not as many as usual). I think it all happened v quickly - but whether or not the whole event was captured on CCTV is irrelevant. Circumstantial evidence creates a pretty good idea of a chain of events. There may not be anything found at the Poynders Road site - but since it was her last observable location they needed to send forensics there to see what, if anything they could find. It was clear LE were mostly focussing on the pavement/road area out front, and later the grassy railing-ed in corner covered by trees.

What it is a salutary lesson in through is either seeing things with your own eyes or waiting for police confirmation of events. I had friends living locally who were frantically whatsapping that eg boyfriend of a friend saw them recover a body. Apart from the fact it would never have been recovered from the crime scene that quickly so I immediately doubted it, some people are way too quick to jump the gun on social media (myself included). Same goes for the massive police presence at Great Chart - there was a lot of chatter about the amount of resource, police mobile indecent cabins being wheeled in implying some sort of massive investigation. Hindsight suggests that while it was a large and complex area, LE needed a lot of boots in the ground, plus Covid restrictions probably mean they doubled up on vehicles/offices or something to ensure a Covid safe working environment.

They are going to be extremely thorough as it was one of their own and an armed officer at that. It really wouldn't help the police's reputation further if they missed evidence now. IMO.

Just re the suspect's wife: rather than speculating about any involvement, however slight, I'm looking at it in terms of what the police *needed,* They have a high-profile case involving one of their own. They can't leave any stone unturned. They will need to interview the wife asap. They need free rein of the house. If they immediately arrest the wife "on suspicion" they can take her to a formal interview, the house is clear, and they have double leverage. Leverage on her via threat of charges. Leverage on him via concen for his wife & also being able to hint she's giving valuable information and to cut off his denials.

I believe the arrest was tactical and not keyed to any actual information they already had about what she knew or did. I believe they're simply continuing the pressure by keeping potential charges hanging over her head.

You can only arrest if there is reasonable suspicion that an offence has been committed, and that the person arrested is involved.

There were two people in the house when the arrests were made, one of who, is a serving police officer who will know the correct procedure inside out. IMO they will have done everything by the book.

We cannot know if she was offered a voluntary interview, and was arrested only after she declined. Police in England do not have to arrest someone to interview them

I can’t add quotes for some reason but someone has mentioned they would have complied.

I wouldn’t have. Especially not to a man who is on his own in an unmarked car. My instant thought would be he has stolen the badge or something.

I just would not willingly get inside the car.

I’ve seen friends of hers mention how kind she was. I’m wondering if he duped her into thinking he needed help with something. But even then, why would get get into the car?!

I suppose everyone is different and some of us would comply, others wouldn’t.

If he uses his warrant card surely he'd realise he's more likely to get caught if she lives and can remember anything from it? If he's used his actual warrant card I can't see a scenario where she was going to come out of it alive sadly.

No me either but I dont think she was coming home whether he took her by force or fraud anyway.

We might never find out for sure but the wording that she was kidnapped by force is pretty obvious so maybe he did just grab her and no interaction prior.

With Libby Squire there were no kidnapping charges because they couldn't 100% say she didn't get in the car willingly (Relowicz said she did).

Keep your internet eyes out for ....

"A source said a flatbed truck ........... It is thought possibly maybe that ........." :)

I imagine the flatbed truck is to transport the fencing they are taking down.

It seems possible they found what they were searching for at Sandwich yesterday.

Last edited:
Could whoever did this/driver of that car have pulled up onto the pavement, perhaps just ahead of her but crucially off the main road so as not to be stopped in fairly busy, flowing traffic. Puts hazards on, winds down window to do whatever nasty “thing” he was going to do. Very much with the intention he gets spotted. This is what is looking to get his “kick” out of. At that moment her preservation instinct kicks in; she either
a) freezes
b) goes to run away
c) shouts something at him
But perhaps at some point, her instinctive safety thing is to take out her phone.
At this instant HIS instinct kicks in. If it was a flasher/IE incident was maybe hoping for just a scared reflex from her and that would be the end of it. But her reaction wasn’t the extremely “precise” reaction he had expected in his head. So acting on his own instincts now he is only thinking literally moments ahead and dealing with the here and now. He throws open his car door so chase her. There is a scuffle. He bundles her into the other car door and drives off.

A number of posters have speculated that perhaps the alleged perp exposed himself to SE and she took a picture of the incident with her phone, which acted as a catalyst to escalate the violence of the situation. Although SE's iPhone is missing, police will presumably have checked her Apple account to see if any pictures taken that night were automatically uploaded to her cloud storage. If so, that could be some pretty major and damning evidence.

Regarding the two open car doors and the hazard lights switched on, is it possible that the alleged perp popped opened the car hood and pretended to be working on his engine as SE approached. Perhaps he spun her a story about needing to use jumper cables on the car battery and asked her to sit in the car to turn the engine etc. It's the kind of thing you see in a bad Hollywood movie. But then everything about this awful tragedy feels like it's been ripped from a horror film.

I can’t add quotes for some reason but someone has mentioned they would have complied.

I wouldn’t have. Especially not to a man who is on his own in an unmarked car. My instant thought would be he has stolen the badge or something.

I just would not willingly get inside the car.

I’ve seen friends of hers mention how kind she was. I’m wondering if he duped her into thinking he needed help with something. But even then, why would get get into the car?!

I suppose everyone is different and some of us would comply, others wouldn’t.

I would like to think I wouldn't comply but cant say for sure unless faced with that kind of situation.

I have always told my daughter to shout, scream, kick, grab on to something, drop to the floor, bite whatever it takes which I hope she would but again nobody knows how they would react.

Especially if it happened in a split second with no warning that something was a little out of the ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA