Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from it doesn’t as she is a young women and she is walking on the main road and would be security aware. No way would she walk over into that estate if a strange person in the dark called to her. You would run if somebody tried to get you off that main footpath whereas on the main road she would feel more secure because of the traffic going past.

IMO
The entrance and exit driveways to the estate are hardly off the pedestrian main path -- my observation of the street veiw shows they intersect with the sidewalk. MOO

Transparency of what's going on in the investigation?

They will want the family to trust them but it seems there are some very bad attitudes from male police officers ( presuming it was a male, I could be wrong, but a male officer at the vigil also acted badly and is being reprimanded now)

Because they knew it was about to break in the press, and that would be a way to find out? JMO

The junior officer has been removed from his current duties and the matter has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

It is understood the incident, which occurred after Miss Everard's body was discovered, relates to an offensive meme.
Met officer under investigation after sharing offensive image during Sarah Everard investigation

I know Police humour can be dark at times, but why do that in the midst of all that is going on..! It's one of the biggest murder investigations in the UK in recent years and has elicited a huge emotional response from the public.

At least some of the recipients were repulsed and reported it.

I mean you couldn't make it up, couple of nights ago it was quite late, and there's a police van outside, another pulled up and they were all having a chat, but a couple of the female police officers, one in particular were having a right old giggle, for about half an hour all you could hear was her laughing her head off,.. I know these jobs are stressful and you need to let off steam, thought it was a bit inappropriate though, as I've said before it's pretty quiet here, and noise kind of echos about,.. It's just getting worse for the met, they need a serious sit down with their employees x
Met officer under investigation after sharing offensive image during Sarah Everard operation

15 Mar 2021

A Metropolitan Police officer is under investigation after sharing inappropriate material on social media in connection with the Sarah Everard investigation.

The junior officer has been removed from his current duties and the matter has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

It is understood the incident, which occurred after Miss Everard's body was discovered, relates to an offensive meme.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "On Friday, 12 March, the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards was made of aware of an inappropriate graphic that was allegedly shared via social media by a probationary MPS police constable with some colleagues.

[..]

"The graphic does not contain photographic images, no images of Sarah, nor any other material obtained from or related to the investigation into Sarah’s murder.

Does that mean he's still in a police cell? For some reason I thought as soon as magistrates sent the case to Crown Court, they also sent defendants on remand
Does that mean he's still in a police cell? For some reason I thought as soon as magistrates sent the case to Crown Court, they also sent defendants on remand to a prison
Yes he’s remanded in custody now , don’t know where but would assume from the Old Bailey tomorrow he’d be headed for a high security Cat A jail until his trial...just my opinion

He did a kind of elite armed job with the CNC for two years, I think, accompanying nuclear material that was being moved around the country, but then he failed a fitness test (details nk) and was moved to basically being a security guard at Dungeness, which was perhaps a bit less thrilling. It wasn't long after that that he applied to join the police iirc. God, I know way too much about this person! I think that's broadly accurate but I may have mistaken the detail, apologies if so.
Yes. But my point was he was with the same employer from 2011 - 2018

I'm thinking given how busy and overlooked the kidnapping site is, maybe Sarah had tripped over - perhaps she dropped and smashed her phone in the process - and it was just absolutely horrific bad luck that the person passing by and saw her doing so was WC (with his warrant card) to offer he a lift home.
Once in the car with a dead phone she stood no chance

I don't understand why they would "notify her family" if it was a gif though, strange...
The MET made a referral of this event so I'm sure this is the protocol to alert the family. (i.e., a voluntary referral is forwarding the event to the Independent Office for Police Conduct).

What could this mean? What sort of image would we be talking about?
What could this mean? What sort of image would we be talking about?
We wouldn't be talking about it, you see.
That's cos we have no clue.
It doesn't affect the investigation and no photographic image depicted and her family have been notified.
Sounds like some rookie cop acting the clown.
I doubt he'll be doing that again.

A Met police officer guarding the scene where Sarah Everard's body was found shared an "inappropriate graphic" about her death with colleagues on WhatsApp.

The probationary PC was stationed at the cordon near Great Chart when the image, the details of which have not been made public, was shared on the instant messaging site.

It is believed the image contained offensive comments about her death.
PC sent vile WhatsApp while guarding site where Sarah's body was found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member