UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum was being used to pull together all possible information on Sarah Everard's disappearance. The sheer volume of comments that apportion blame away from the perpetrator is frankly horrifying.
- Maybe his step Mum abandoning him made him do it?
- Maybe there was an affair
- Maybe sex workers in the area
- Maybe if influencers didn't post bikini shots

If you find yourself blaming anybody but the absolutely vile piece of that is Wayne Couzens, then you ought to have a serious word with yourself.

WHERE ARE THE MODS PLEASE??

The thread has been closed temporarily because people have published unverified reports yet someone is very clearly suggesting that women posting images online in bikini pictures is a catalyst for young women being raped and murdered and the comment remains??

The mods cannot read every post on every thread, especially as soon as they are written - we as posters can barely keep up in just this one thread. If you feel a post should be deleted because of TOS etc you do have the option to report it to a mod (blue button bottom left in offending post). Hope this helps

Can we have this comment removed???? It is making me sick.

Thinking about motives.... and to be a little provocative....

I read lots of articles saying about women being harassed.
However, there's some irony that on sites such as Daily Mail, these articles are alongside countless pictures of 'influencers' in bikinis

Now, I am NOT suggesting that women shouldnt be free to do what they want, or that one justifies the other.
I just do wonder though if the unavoidable endless Kardashian bikini shots in the media etc create a message of 'ogle us'....
... and that for an unstable mind, this can encourage harassment. Make it feel ok...?

Ie. If we want to try and clean up harassment from the streets, would more consistent messaging ONLINE help with that?

Please dont twist this into any suggestion that women ask for harassment

(Somewhat off topic, please delete if needed. I'm just trying to think how sad events like this could be reduced in frequency)

WHERE ARE THE MODS PLEASE??

The thread has been closed temporarily because people have published unverified reports yet someone is very clearly suggesting that women posting images online in bikini pictures is a catalyst for young women being raped and murdered and the comment remains??

This a huge forum, they can't see every post, click on the word "report" to let them know about a post

This forum was being used to pull together all possible information on Sarah Everard's disappearance. The sheer volume of comments that apportion blame away from the perpetrator is frankly horrifying.

If you find yourself blaming anybody but the absolutely vile piece of **** that is Wayne Couzens, then you ought to have a serious word with yourself.
I brought up sex workers because... I am one. I am also privy to police reports that are given TO sex workers and not the general public. Not victim blaming, just adding that perhaps the PERP may have been in the area for a reason.

The wording some people are using about her being too intelligent, savvy or professional to get into his car implies that to do so would be stupid. That makes me very uncomfortable and is bordering on victim blaming.

I'm a woman 2 years older than Sarah. I lived about 10 miles from where this happened for 25 years. I work in marketing and I'm a professional woman who walked home at night alone many times. I can't guarantee I wouldn't get into what I believe to be a policeman's car especially when afraid.

It’s not victim blaming to say why we think it’s unlikely she would do so. It wasn’t a police car and it’s unlikely in my opinion she would get straight in no questions asked. Even her own family have said she wouldn’t have got into a car. Are they victim blaming her?

As a nearly 30 year old male, I get nervous walking in the dark because of fear of being mugged etc, but its probably not until reading this thread that I have truly thought about the added fears of being a female walking alone, and it makes me sad that men make women feel that way. Also having a 2 year old daughter it makes me worry about how much she will fear the world when shes older..
I'm glad you posted this. I think it's important to realise that males are not 'fearless' while walking around at night either (or even in the daytime) like many females seem to think.

Not to take anything at all away from Sarah's disappearance or the crimes committed towards females, but with all the (mostly) male on male knife crime around London, that is also just as terrifying.

Hi!

I’m new around here and I don’t know if this has been posted before (not that I have been able to find at least), but I’ve been thinking about Sarah a lot these days. I’m not sure it’s been confirmed 100% but I didn’t think they knew each other (very different demographic and lifestyle it seems), and I kept thinking that he must’ve done something like this before. Specially after I saw the unrelated charge for indecent exposure last night, I just can’t shake the feeling that he may assault women on a regular, and maybe in this occasion it escalated for whatever reason. I tried finding other reports and yesterday I found this:
Woman assaulted in early hours of Sunday off Clapham Common

Happened nearby just last summer, and the suspect fits the description to a T. It may be completely unrelated though, but it gave me pause. Part of me hopes it was him so that lady can have some answers.

A local poster on here said that people dump dead sheep there (uggggh) Could that be adding to the confusion re the remains? Also possibly why they need so many people there for so long to check through everything they find?
The man who part owns the farm and woodland and farm said his family used to bury sheep there years ago....

If you find yourself blaming anybody but the absolutely vile piece of **** that is Wayne Couzens, then you ought to have a serious word with yourself.

Exactly this. This thread should be about information gathering about Sarah's disappearance. Frankly, some of the comments about Sarah, WC's children, South London in general (!), and whether or not she was breaking lockdown restrictions are absolutely unacceptable. This website can do an awful lot of good, but this is really tarnishing it- Thread #5 already was pulled down for TOS violations, please if you're going to speculate about the victim, perp and/or both of their families and circumstances, take to another forum

I'm leaning towards him saying that there has been a crime
in the area or that she is being followed and to get in the car
immediately, whilst flashing a badge. He would of been driving
past her going the same direction on Poynders Rd, seen her and
pulled up parralel to her on the curb between Rodenhurst
corner and the bins of Poynders Court, to any onlookers it
would look like someone just picking her up. He then could
have driven to a known secluded area nearby and tied her up
or drugged her and then driven out of London.

JMO the risk of being seen shoving someone in to a car on the A205 would just be too high. Parking nearby and then waiting on foot on the grass is a possibility- agree that him speaking to her in 'police mode' perhaps warning her of an attack in the area (perhaps asking her to look at picture of a fake suspect?) is a potential way to get her to engage with him for long enough to take her?

I brought up sex workers because... I am one. I am also privy to police reports that are given TO sex workers and not the general public. Not victim blaming, just adding that perhaps the PERP may have been in the area for a reason.

I think I may have read you post previoulsy that you are in Scotland so maybe this isn't possible but have you heard through any forums or groups for sex workers of any reports of WC possibly using their services in the local area (not sure if that's right term, sorry if not)

Friendly reminder that many people on this thread live in these areas, which by the way are relatively large population-wise and geographically for London so a bit unfair to tar all of Tulse Hill and all of Brixton with the same brush. Having lived here all my life I can say categorically that for the large part they are not “horrific” at night or any other time of the day and up until now I have felt completely safe living in this area. Thanks :)
I didn't think I'd have to add "JMO" to every post I make since it's pretty obvious, but maybe I just will do so in future. :rolleyes:

I believe the woods they are talking about are the ones that EC put pictures on her fb from. If so, they’ve made an assumption as these are not the same woods.

As I said before this is an extremely unlikely place to go for a family walk. I'm familiar with this area and it's private, derelict and completely overgrown!

I think I may have read you post previoulsy that you are in Scotland so maybe this isn't possible but have you heard through any forums or groups for sex workers of any reports of WC possibly using their services in the local area (not sure if that's right term, sorry if not)
I can see all of the UK. I toured London frequently, along with many other major cities. I am also part of numerous Sex Work forums and group chats. Happy to provide proof. But cannot share reports. I posted earlier that I may have seen 3 things that could describe him.

The police obviously have access to these channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member