UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. So they identified him as a flasher before SE murder, but it was put on the back burner? Not taken seriously? Even with CCTV of the incident!

MOO
The incident was on Sunday 28 February and the kidnap of Sarah was on Wednesday 3 March. Not a long time, though with hindsight, obviously not to have got him for that immediately was a disaster. Do we know when they identified him as the flasher? 'Put on the back burner' might not be fair.

I've a feeling this latest update will be significant!
I would have thought the Police would have searched the field directly behind the house before now, will be interesting if they have found something there!
I'm really puzzled by the way there is still such large scale searches going on in separate locations. They have found the body , what else could they be spending so much manpower and time searching for? A phone maybe?

I hate to say it but I think there is the possibility of more remains MOO.

The framing of the Evening Standard article also makes me wonder whether WC even knew he was under suspicion for the IE incident. He may have suspected that his car was caught on camera not sure (perhaps that’s why he started hiring a car) or he could have been wholly oblivious

I can tell you that they definitely did not search all of it, at all in the last few days, today they have really paid attention to directly behind property, in a line, walking slowly back and forth x

May I ask is this the area they are looking at?

Attachments

• 7DEB72C1-B868-4A0E-96E5-30C902D8B57B.jpeg
    7DEB72C1-B868-4A0E-96E5-30C902D8B57B.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 172
T

There were several, now two one in some bushes taking pics, one more middle of field with video camera on tripod, I'm trying to upload but it's crashing saying files too big, I haven't changed any settings, think it's just volume of posts
I think photo files have to be under 1mb each to upload to WS.

They have also repeatedly entered into a property further down road towards that gated entrance I mentioned before, maybe they are using it for access to field but weirdly a neighbouring property would have sufficed, this is 10 or so doors up towards Mill hill

I also wonder about the clear discussion as though he is guilty - but with no disrespect to this website which I think is fantastic, I don’t think it’s mainstream enough for that to be enough for him to be deemed unable to have a fair trial.

the mainstream media is another thing entirely. However it would take something fairly extreme for him to not be tried at all in my opinion. The court can take measures to mitigate the impact of the media coverage, such as in instruction to the jury, but I don’t think we are in the realms of WC being unable to be tried at all due to the coverage.

ETA I’m not a criminal lawyer. A lawyer but not in this field, this is just from reading I have done about this in the past.

I wondered this, as was thinking defence and prosecution lawyers may use WS for extra evidence, as well as seeing if there is anything that could cause any jurors looking on it to make up their mind before the trial. I wonder though with a case like this, the evidence they will have, will override any reasonable doubt?

Quick question for someone who is new to this and my understanding of the judicial system is slightly lacking. IF the alleged offender is charged, will the press stop with the speculative reporting as has happened over the past couple of days? If this is the case, I'm assuming we'll see a lack of new rumoured information until a trial was held?

1) The IE complaint may not have been investigated immediately as it could have been deemed low priority when weighed up against other crimes that were being investigated. I’m not saying this is right, but it could have been put in a pile of other cases and not necessary at the top of the pile because nobody was physically harmed.

MOO but I suspect that of your options, Option 1 is the most likely. I imagine that the sad reality is that these kind of incidents are relatively common and the Met do not have the resources to investigate them all thoroughly

Interesting thought. It's been bugging me about the set of plates that it was was quoted on a previous thread a member of the public had found on Rodenhurst Road, just round the corner from the Poynders Court flats. Not seen anything else about it but it does strike me as potentially very significant.
As I posted previously a local has suggested that the spare number plates recovered are unconnected to the SE case

I've a feeling this latest update will be significant!
I would have thought the Police would have searched the field directly behind the house before now, will be interesting if they have found something there!
I'm really puzzled by the way there is still such large scale searches going on in separate locations. They have found the body , what else could they be spending so much manpower and time searching for? A phone maybe?
Exactly my thoughts it's quite big too, it's earmarked for a development of 80 + houses and a sports field x

Quick question for someone who is new to this and my understanding of the judicial system is slightly lacking. IF the alleged offender is charged, will the press stop with the speculative reporting as has happened over the past couple of days? If this is the case, I'm assuming we'll see a lack of new rumoured information until a trial was held?

I imagine Press will do more digging. Its unlikely unless there is multiple victims that we here more details of the case until trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther