Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think they’re using this vigil court battle as a distraction? It looks like they’re still intensely searching the area as well as his family garage. Is that to find more bodies? Or more clues? Or both?

No, I don't. I would think the Met would infinitely rather not have this 'distraction' - distraction for whom?

I am not at all worried about the PACE clock

They got up on this guy, and then found the body in his locale - that means they have a fair bit of stuff to tie him to this - otherwise they never would have found the body in Kent of all places.

No

I find it inconceivable that the courts could be used that way at all. Let alone very well respected human rights advocates whinbrought the case

JMO

Im talking more about the media coverage of it. They’ve been exclusively focused on the vigil instead of the investigation. Whereas the police are still very much focused on searching. Not that any lawyers or human rights advocates are in on some conspiracy with the media, just that the police are not letting them know or report

I thought she may have gotten into the car willingly but having another look at the pictures in the media of forensic teams outside the flats, and how the evidence ID markers are placed, I now have to wonder if there was a struggle and she was dragged across the pavement into the car. The dogs are also led along a pretty straight and narrow route across the pavement which makes me wonder... and there appears (to my eye) to be a dark stain on the pavement where they placed the first marker.

I was surprised at the amount of coverage using the word “was” rather that “is” when talking about poor SE... I was still hopeful that SE may be being held somewhere prior to the positive id of the human remains.

I do think there is significance in the fact that searches of multiple locations still occurring. I appreciate the theory that it is for LE to build as strong a case as possible. But it seems very broad in locations but still somewhat focused. IMO what if the further searches are based on tips and/or possible info we have no idea of that is being provided by WC himself... I haven’t read anywhere or heard anyone mention the idea that he could be cooperating - or was - prior to the head injury...

I have found it strange from the beginning that there hasn’t been any coverage of any friends, family or public appeals on tv from individuals rather that LE as often there is in a missing person case...
My guess for this would be that the police knew within a couple of days that this was serious and had an idea she had been abducted so it was more of a case of appealing for info which the family did a lot of online, I think it was probably thought that putting them through a TV appeal would be pointless and IMO they would probably have been braced for the worst over that weekend :( JMO

Ahh sorry this is me working on the theory that he parks around Clapham or near abouts due to convenience with the Northern Line going straight to Charing X as someone mentioned upthread.

@Commoner yep!
There used to be free parking on Kings Avenue - but I think that is gone. Most of the local area is permit parking (Wandsworth allows motorbikes to park for free). Poynders estate would be under Lambeth parking permit and the car needs to be registered to the property to get a permit.

I don’t think it’s a massive leap at all if you’re interested in psychology which I am.

objectifying women to the extent of committing murder and sexual offences doesn’t generally come from a happy secure upbringing.

No we don’t know if she’s dead or alive or what role she plays in his life if any hence why I’m interested to find out more. I’m not making assumptions I’m just giving an opinion is that okay with you? MOO JMO

Yes, of course the psychology is interesting, I guess I'm interested in why you think we should have heard from any of his family members.

Obvioulsy I don't know if you have any children but if you do and one of them was accused of a terrible crime with overwhelming evidence pointing to their gult would you be giving public interviews? Actually now I've asked the question I realise that the answer must be yes or you wouldn't expect WC to be doing so now I'm interested in what the benefit of that would be as I can't see anything but downsides for all involved.

Both MSM and SM is a total bear pit I'm amazed that anyone puts their head above the parapet nowadays

IMO/JMO

I don’t think it’s a massive leap at all if you’re interested in psychology which I am.

objectifying women to the extent of committing murder and sexual offences doesn’t generally come from a happy secure upbringing.

No we don’t know if she’s dead or alive or what role she plays in his life if any hence why I’m interested to find out more. I’m not making assumptions I’m just giving an opinion is that okay with you? MOO JMO

The psychology aspect of all crime is a subject worth talking about. I have tried to phrase my comments without directly accusing him of anything I have just talked about the general groups that these sorts of offenders fall in.

When it comes to suspects who have an alleged history of sexual deviancy, it’s a good idea to discuss what type of person we could be dealing with here, it also makes others aware of these offenders that women who read these threads might know or even live with. If the profile of a sexual offender was something we all knew to look out for and to keep away from people who give off those red flags then it could ultimately save a woman or child who might otherwise find herself trapped with a dangerous individual. They are not far fetched assumptions when you look through some of the threads here and realise that repeat sex offenders get released back into the community free to carry on their crimes, time and time again imo.

This is quite a unique case and it’s easy to get carried away that the press and public opinion have already assumed guilt from what I can see above and beyond what would normally be the case for someone not even charged yet. The police also had an impossible balancing act of demonstrating shock and empathy whilst only having a suspect in custody.

We have no idea what they actually have on him yet and the burden of proof requirements remain the same no matter how high profile.

It may be they still only have circumstantial evidence ( ie his car in the vicinity ), and nothing else of real evidence. There has been nothing public to prove otherwise. And it certainly might explain the ongoing searches.

To be fair if that is the case then like everyone he deserves the same standards of any suspect.

It’s a unique case in the public eye and there is probably huge pressure but high profile or not the police and CPS still apply the same thresholds as rightly they should

No, I don't. I would think the Met would infinitely rather not have this 'distraction' - distraction for whom?
Because they’re worried they might find more bodies. They want to keep the press and the public calm so they can find out everything. Not that they’ll hide it or anything, just that they know something awful is about to come up.

Yes, of course the psychology is interesting, I guess I'm interested in why you think we should have heard from any of his family members.

Obvioulsy I don't know if you have any children but if you do and one of them was accused of a terrible crime with overwhelming evidence pointing to their gult would you be giving public interviews? Actually now I've asked the question I realise that the answer must be yes or you wouldn't expect WC to be doing so now I'm interested in what the benefit of that would be as I can't see anything but downsides for all involved.

Both MSM and SM is a total bear pit I'm amazed that anyone puts their head above the parapet nowadays

IMO/JMO

Not that I think she should have commented. Not at all. But given the intrusive nature of MSM and SM I would be surprised if they hadn’t revealed some picture or comment even if it was “no comment”. We have seen photos of his dad and brother. That’s all. I’m not saying she should be giving interviews?!

Hi everyone. I've been reading the threads and really appreciate your insights. I just wanted to mention about the stepmother, I only saw one link to this several threads ago and I wondered if this was a newspaper error and they actually meant the mother -in-law as she is the only family member of his I've seen commenting in msm. JMO

Also, with regards to bail, the counsel for defence and prosecution argue this before a judge based on the Bail Act 1976 and issues include if there is a risk the accused will abscond or interfere with witnesses/ evidence. Counsel for EC could argue ties to the community like the children and her job, for example and that the witness/ perpetrator is behind bars. She could have conditional bail like having to surrender her passport and report to a local police station weekly or something like that. It may not reflect on the crime itself, again JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member