UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just spotted this from Sky News (BBM):

Shortly after the phone call ended at 9.28pm, her friends believe that something happened to her. They were unable to contact her on Thursday when they notified the police at about 8pm.

So Sarah had been missing for nearly 24 hours when she was reported missing by her friends. Wonder why her partner didn't report her missing?

I am sure I read somewhere might be on the bbc article that they both planned to meet up the next day if the last contact from her phone was at 9.28pm would he have not got worried? that he did not hear from her after that not even a text ??

I wonder what time she was meant to meet her partner. If it was in the evening after work and it was when she did not turn up her friends knew there was a problem ,it could match up with the 8pm time the police were contacted.

According to the Daily Mail: She had a 15-minute phone call with her partner - where they discussed meeting the following day - which ended around 9.30pm and she has been unreachable since.

It does say the following day rather than evening that they were due to meet but perhaps that report isn't accurate. Her partner may well have been phoning Sarah's friends & family all day trying to locate her so maybe her friends took it into their own hands to contact the police.

Thank you for your reply. So it would be possible for someone to perhaps hide in the greenery and force her into a property .

Could very well be possible. Perhaps she took a little detour to walk around the shop area and someone took advantage?
I think it would be easier to include the shops area I'm talking about.
Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 00.17.03.jpg As you can see from this image, the red line shows the straight line walking down Clarence avenue.
Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 00.17.14.jpg This one shows the same thing, except there's another path you can take. She could have taken this detour on her own initiative, or someone else did.
Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 00.22.00.jpg This is also the same as the other two, only difference is I've shown how you can essentially walk around and still come back on the same path down Clarence Avenue.

Last edited:
It looks like a cctv camera on Tesco Express, on the corner of Streatham Place and New Park Road, if she walked that route and made it that far along.

Also buses are often quite useful with camera footage.

I've just spotted this from Sky News (BBM):

Shortly after the phone call ended at 9.28pm, her friends believe that something happened to her. They were unable to contact her on Thursday when they notified the police at about 8pm.

Sarah Everard: 'Increasing concern' for Brixton woman - BBC News

I think they planned to meet up the next day if the last time he heard from was the one call ended he must have been worried to even get a text of her after that?

Could very well be possible. Perhaps she took a little detour to walk around the shop area and someone took advantage?
I think it would be easier to include the shops area I'm talking about.
View attachment 287038 As you can see from this image, the red line shows the straight line walking down Clarence avenue.
View attachment 287039 This one shows the same thing, except there's another path you can take. She could have taken this detour on her own initiative, or someone else did.
View attachment 287043 This is also the same as the other two, only difference is I've show how you can essentially walk around and still come back on the same path down Clarence Avenue.

Thanks for the info @Frivolous, always great to have some local knowledge.

Do you happen to know where Sarah lives & how far away it is from Clarence Avenue?

TIA

If Sarah was going back home to Brixton, then perhaps she was walking down Clarence Avenue to get to the bus stop at the near end of the road.
The bus stop at the end of this road is Kings Avenue. Assuming she was going to take a bus from here to brixton, she very well could have. The 45 goes straight to Brixton.

If Sarah was going back home to Brixton, then perhaps she was walking down Clarence Avenue to get to the bus stop at the near end of the road.
The bus stop at the end of this road is Kings Avenue. Assuming she was going to take a bus from here to brixton, she very well could have. The 45 goes straight to Brixton.

Thank you. Clarence Avenue looks to be a main road,does much traffic go down it during the evening? Is the housing along it mainly flats ?

Hope I am not asking too many questions. Please say if you feel you are being bombarded!!

how long would that bus journey have taken for her get home?

What about the Clapham estate which Clarence avenue runs through? Huge sprawling estate. I wouldn’t describe the area as quiet and empty. My daughter lived nearby for a while and knew to avoid that part

I agree. I have lived in Brixton and there are surrounding areas (and areas within) you just don't walk at night.

I think they planned to meet up the next day if the last time he heard from was the one call ended he must have been worried to even get a text of her after that?

You would have thought that after they had spoken to Sarah walking home they would of text to make sure she got home ok and say goodnight, and the following morning to say 'looking forward to seeing you later' or something like that. It does seem a bit odd that they wouldn't do that but then again at this stage we don't know what people's circumstances are.

Thank you. Clarence Avenue looks to be a main road,does much traffic go down it during the evening? Is the housing along it mainly flats ?

Hope I am not asking too many questions. Please say if you feel you are being bombarded!!

Lots of traffic yes, though the roads itself are empty. Not many people walking down.
It's a mix of both I'd say. Rows of houses and also flats towards the end.

Also, no worries! It's absolutely fine, do ask whatever you need to and I'll answer as best as I can :)

Lots of traffic yes, though the roads itself are empty. Not many people walking down.
It's a mix of both I'd say. Rows of houses and also flats towards the end.

Also, no worries! It's absolutely fine, do ask whatever you need to and I'll answer as best as I can :)

Thanks . Do you know from posters and local information whether the police are asking for dash cam from drivers in the area on Wednesday ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member