UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does sound uncharacteristic for her to just disappear in the circumstances but I do find this quote (snipped from @dotr post above) interesting...

'Her loved ones added: 'We can listen, talk you through what help you need, pass a message for you and help you to be safe.'

That sounds like generic wording from the missing person's charity in the UK. I don't think it's indicative that the most likely explanation is a voluntary disappearance.

rbbm.
Did Sarah get a lift from somebody?
Friend's fears over missing woman who vanished on way home two days days ago
"It couldn't have happened to a nicer person. This has never happened before.

"I spoke to her earlier that day, she was fine. We talked about how boring our days have been. I think she was dealing with lockdown like we all are."

The teacher said she knew her friend had not 'taken herself off anywhere'.

Instead she told Mail Online 'something has happened to her on her ride home', adding that she just hoped 'it is not a stranger'.''

Really worrying case and unfortunately first 24 hours were lost. At this point most of CCTV from the local shops is gone as well as they often override it after circa 3 days.

Bigger shops, supermarkets keep it for about a month.

The mention of earphones, I wonder if she walked at night with music playing, when she wasn't on her phone. JMO

That was my first thought too when I have seen that earphones were mentioned. Since I had accident few years back when bike knocked me over in broad daylight and I did not hear it or seen it coming, since that day I always wear earphones only in one ear, even when jogging. I am not sure many people are aware of the danger or do use it only in one ear though.

I can easily imagine her having some rhytmic music on to keep herself walking in pace and earphones in both ears. Anything and anyone could have come from any direction and she might not have hear it or seen it till too late.

I wonder if she walked this route home from friends before or if this was her first time. How familiar she was with given route. No matter what, she must have felt somewhat uneasy walking alone in the dark in secluded areas of London.

Anyone also know why her friends refer that she disappeared on her "ride" home?

There should definitely be proper on ground searches being conducted there by police and possibly by friends and public.

Very worrying.

@Frivolous If you can, login to your Nextdoor app where you will see chitter chatter from your local area on different topics. There should be definitely by now some talks by locals about this case there.

I am curious what they sharing.

And please, be carefull when walking again in the area.

If not along Poynders Road, it might be worth looking at the other routes the map suggests she might have taken.

The 51 minute route is -

Long Road (the A3), cutting through the other end of Clapham Common,
then Rookery Road,
then turning left on the A24 for a short distance and crossing over, to go down Crescent Lane,
(which would take her past the other end of Clarence Ave re. phone signal),
crossing over Kings Ave
continuing along Crescent Lane to Lyham Road,
crossing over to walk along Ramilles Close/Blenheim Gardens to Brixton Hill.
crossing over Brixton Hill and walking a short way along it before
turning left into Endymion Road, where the map trail ends.

There's cctv on Henry Twining Court, Crescent Lane, which could confirm this.

The 49 minute route (quickest route, shaving a minute off the Poynders Road route)

This looks like a cut-through of various housing estates, taking a myriad of short turnings and alleys (Trouville/Rodenhurst/other estate) to get across, almost running parallel behind Poynders Road for a short while,
cutting across Clarence Avenue (phone signal) to Clarence Crescent,
then a few roads (Fennings/Fairbourne/Allingham) to get to Kings Ave,
crossing over to Thorncliffe Rd,
then turning right into Kingswood Rd,
then taking Chale Road and Dumbarton Road to get to Brixton Hill.

There's cctv at Phambra Food Store on the end of Chale Road which could confirm this.

--

I'm not sure why her friend mentions her "ride home". She was talking to her boyfriend for 15 minutes before her last phone signal at 9:28pm at Clarence Ave, which is walking speed.

Following this case as I live fairly locally too.
I'm a bit confused with the timeline and why she was in the Clapham area. I presume it was perhaps for work, although the current government guidance is to work from home if you can. Has anyone seen clarification of this?

Following this case as I live fairly locally too.
I'm a bit confused with the timeline and why she was in the Clapham area. I presume it was perhaps for work, although the current government guidance is to work from home if you can. Has anyone seen clarification of this?

She might not have been able to work from home (no laptop, broadband) so maybe was working from the office instead? Not everyone can work from home unfortunately :(

Given the job she was in ,I would be very surprised to hear that she did not have a computer or broadband at home.

Some people just manage with a phone or tablet at home. But they aren't really suitable for homeworking. There's obviously a reason she was not working from home, so wondered if that was the reason. Moo.

Reading the sky news report again, it mentions she was returning home from meeting a friend, which would make more sense. Perhaps she finished work for the day and then went out to meet a friend for a walk or run in the evening. This would tally more with the clothes she was wearing. She seems to be into running/fitness as she has a Strava account.

Some people just manage with a phone or tablet at home. But they aren't really suitable for homeworking. There's obviously a reason she was not working from home, so wondered if that was the reason. Moo.

Oh Sorry, I might have missed a comment,but I thought I had not read anywhere that she was not working from home.

Last edited:
Reading the sky news report again, it mentions she was returning home from meeting a friend, which would make more sense. Perhaps she finished work for the day and then went out to meet a friend for a walk or run in the evening. This would tally more with the clothes she was wearing. She seems to be into running/fitness as she has a Strava account.

My mistake, the mention of work in my mind had her walking home from work. Opps

I might have missed a comment,but I have not read anywhere that she was not working from home .

Oh sorry I must have missed read or not read a post ,I did not realise she was going to w

See above, my mistake!

She seems to be into running/fitness as she has a Strava account.
Snipped by me for focus.

Which makes me wonder:
1. Has Sarah walked this route in the past?
2. If she has, has she recorded it on Strava?
3. Have the police looked into accessing her Strava account?

My thinking is that Sarah is more likely to stick to a route that she has previously walked, rather than experiment with a new route in darkness.

I'm wondering if she was followed on foot, and the person following was close enough to hear that she had finished her phone call. She might have been too distracted by the call to realise. But I can't work out the next bit - without her interaction being seen. Lots of windows overlooking and traffic passing, unless she had chosen the riskier and more secluded short cut. I look at the quickest route and think it's the least likely choice, because of safety, but since she is missing maybe it does point to that being the one she took. Plus it could explain why she didn't hop on a bus, if she was walking off the main road.

To get to Brixton from that point, it would take about 10 minutes

thanks

it's seem that was probably the safest option for her get home instead of walking they must have ruled out her getting on any buses because they would have found footage of her
I'm wondering if she was followed on foot, and the person following was close enough to hear that she had finished her phone call. She might have been too distracted by the call to realise. But I can't work out the next bit - without her interaction being seen. Lots of windows overlooking and traffic passing, unless she had chosen the riskier and more secluded short cut. I look at the quickest route and think it's the least likely choice, because of safety, but since she is missing maybe it does point to that being the one she took. Plus it could explain why she didn't hop on a bus, if she was walking off the main road.

depending on the area and how quiet it's is at night and with her focus more on the phone call it's possible she was taken be suprise? epsecially if she was distracted I wonder if the locals heard anything out of ordinary? always puzzles me though why females would risk walking down dark alley ways at night if that was the route she taken when the bus was only a 10 minute journey unless she had planned to Jog home

I find the timings of this very strange, especially in COVID lockdown. But equally people are home with curtains drawn in Their own homes- ignoring the outside world. I think this is going to have a huge impact on this investigation.

I do hope there is news soon. So much lost time in those early hours. And I hope cctv is preserved everywhere within the immediate vicinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare