UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah according to her friends was in good spirits. She was very excited about a new job. She has a good circle of friends.

She had visited a friend for a drink and was due to see her boyfriend so seemed to be coping with lockdown.
I hope you’re right, though similar things could be said of several people I know (new jobs, good relationships, lots of friends, etc) but, in private, they’re not coping.

Thought it may be helpful to map the roads the police have urged people to check doorbell footage from other than the south circular A205.

Cavendish Road seems a bit of an outlier doesn't it? I mean there's lots or roads that meet the A205 where IMO I think it's most likely she walked up.

EDIT to add key
Yellow = Cavendish Rd
Red = New Park Rd
Green = Brixton Hill
Blue = Brixton Water Lane

The most obvious route to the Brixton area would have taken in the Cavendish Road Junction, but if she has taken the back streets, and due to the pandemic, a lot of people take the backstreets now a days, the most obvious backstreet would have been Cavendish Road, into Weir Road and then on to Clarence Avenue

That sounds like generic wording from the missing person's charity in the UK. I don't think it's indicative that the most likely explanation is a voluntary disappearance.

Is it normal to include that in every disappeance? I hope so but I've only seen it as a sort of code for strongly suspecting that there's no third party involvement

I live in SE London. Not particularly familiar with the area Sarah disappeared in but all of London is much quieter due to lockdown. Sadly possible something nasty could happen without anyone being around to notice. Seems Clapham Common would be most likely place - if the Cavendish Road ping could mean the general vicinity (stretching to the Common). I think abduction by car from a street/being taken to a nearby house would be extremely unlikely? Do we know if she lived alone or with housemates?

I hope you’re right, though similar things could be said of several people I know and, in private, they’re not necessarily coping.

So often hear of things happening and close ones say the person seemed in good spirits, laughing and joking when last seen etc. But we all wear masks and some just keep problems shut in and put on a happy front.

Not saying that was the case here, but even starting a new job - and particularly in this current climate - generates a certain amount of stress in itself.

Did she not live with the boyfriend or was he away?

Sorry to hear - I hope you’re doing better and are getting support when needed.
Thank you, it was just an accumulation of worry about everything pandemic related - I had my first vaccine a week or so ago so I'll feel better once I've had the 2nd one tbh. I lost my job though, so that sucks a tad.

All of that pales into insignificance though, I'm safe at home - this lady is missing and I hope she gets home to her family asap.

I live in SE London. Not particularly familiar with the area Sarah disappeared in but all of London is much quieter due to lockdown. Sadly possible something nasty could happen without anyone being around to notice. Seems Clapham Common would be most likely place - if the Cavendish Road ping could mean the general vicinity (stretching to the Common). I think abduction by car from a street/being taken to a nearby house would be extremely unlikely? Do we know if she lived alone or with housemates?

We don't know if she lived alone or not.
LE said that they did not know whether she actually arrived home that night.

But as we saw in the Libby Squire case, she lived with housemates and they didn't notice she wasn't there until the next day.

So often hear of things happening and close ones say the person seemed in good spirits, laughing and joking when last seen etc. But we all wear masks and some just keep problems shut in and put on a happy front.

Not saying that was the case here, but even starting a new job - and particularly in this current climate - generates a certain amount of stress in itself.

Did she not live with the boyfriend or was he away?
I’m lucky enough to be starting a new, more senior job soon too. It’s a dream job for me but the current situation has made it stressful and anxiety-provoking, in a way that I don’t ever remember feeling before.

Daily Mail updated 19:44

Police search ponds in London in desperate hunt for missing woman, 33, who vanished on her way home | Daily Mail Online

Does the last quote from family and friends strike anyone as odd, like she may be voluntarily missing, or at least under some emotional strain?
It's exactly the same text used on all posters by the charity missing people.

The newspaper (and other media sources) incorrectly attributed it to her family/loved ones.

Another example Frances - Missing People

Is it normal to include that in every disappeance? I hope so but I've only seen it as a sort of code for strongly suspecting that there's no third party involvement

When it's from missing persons UK yes it's totally normal. The shoddy reporting made it sound like her friends said it, but it's almost certainly missing persons uk quote.

Eta. Sorry tortoise, your post hadn't posted when I replied.

The most obvious route to the Brixton area would have taken in the Cavendish Road Junction, but if she has taken the back streets, and due to the pandemic, a lot of people take the backstreets now a days, the most obvious backstreet would have been Cavendish Road, into Weir Road and then on to Clarence Avenue

Really? Walking up Cavendish to get to Weir Rd seems to be going in the opposite direction to where she's supposed to be headed... Which I thought was Tulse Hill area or even as far as Brixton Water Lane? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.

The newspaper (and other media sources) incorrectly attributed it to her family/loved ones.

Thanks for posting that. Well that changes what I think happened if it wasn't her family/friends who said it.

When it's from missing persons UK yes it's totally normal. The shoddy reporting made it sound like her friends said it, but it's almost certainly missing persons uk quote.

Eta. Sorry tortoise, your post hadn't posted when I replied.

Thank you, the wording in a couple of the reports hasn't been entirely clear

Yep. Daily Mail:

Her family and friends released a plea for Ms Everard's return yesterday, saying: 'Sarah, we are here for whenever you are ready.'

Ms Everard, from Lambeth, is 5ft 4 with blonde hair and was carrying a transparent case with green in-ear Bluetooth headphones.

Her loved ones added: 'We can listen, talk you through what help you need, pass a message for you and help you to be safe.'

BBM. Police search ponds in London in desperate hunt for missing woman, 33, who vanished on her way home | Daily Mail Online

Missing People:

Sarah we are here for you whenever you are ready; we can listen, talk you through what help you need, pass a message for you and help you to be safe.

Sarah - Missing People

We don't know if she lived alone or not.
LE said that they did not know whether she actually arrived home that night.

But as we saw in the Libby Squire case, she lived with housemates and they didn't notice she wasn't there until the next day.

Yes, that's true but I think circumstances very different? Sarah is older and also not on a night out, not drunk as far as we know, it's a week night. Assume (maybe wrongly) an older, also sober housemate would be expecting her home? I assume if she had a housemate they would've mentioned it. I suppose I'm just asking because it's very expensive to live in London so relatively unusual for people to live alone.

i think its quite likely she went with someone she knew....either met in the street or a car stopped with someone familiar driving

then it would be a random encounter rather than something pre meditated

Hopefully something like that will have been caught on a dashcam

Really? Walking up Cavendish to get to Weir Rd seems to be going in the opposite direction to where she's supposed to be headed... Which I thought was Tulse Hill area or even as far as Brixton Water Lane? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.

Lots of people like to take longer walking routes at the moment to avoid busy main roads during the pandemic, or heavily polluted areas - I am one of those people and often go quite a way off the beaten track to avoid people, pollution and covid - just trying to think of what routes I would take if I were still living in the area and walking home from Clapham Common

Lots of people like to take longer walking routes at the moment to avoid busy main roads during the pandemic, or heavily polluted areas - I am one of those people and often go quite a way off the beaten track to avoid people, pollution and covid - just trying to think of what routes I would take if I were still living in the area and walking home from Clapham Common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz