UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 July 1986

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's being said here is that Suzy nipped out of work, arriving unannounced / early to the pub to collect her things, Monday lunchtime.

Pub is closed to public, acting landlord now in sole charge of pub.

By all accounts Suzy should have just collected her items and returned to work, with her absence hardly being noticed ...

So here are a few possible senarios, and your thoughts / opinions would be greatly appreciated -

1. In the pub was there then an unprovoked attack on Suzy, possibly sexual in intent?

2. Was something in her diary used in an attempt to blackmail her? Resulting in argument / struggle / loss of life?

3. Was she intercepted by someone else at / outside pub? Effectively 'kidnapped'? By whom and why?

4. Did she stumble across / discover something in that 'closed to the public' pub cellar that no one was mean't to see, sonething perhaps illegal / criminal?

As I said, be great to hear your views / opinions ....

So what's being said here is that Suzy nipped out of work, arriving unannounced / early to the pub to collect her things, Monday lunchtime.

By all accounts Suzy should have just collected her items and returned to work, with her absence hardly being noticed ...

So here are a few possible senarios, and your thoughts / opinions would be greatly appreciated -

1. In the pub was there then an unprovoked attack on Suzy, possibly sexual in intent?

2. Was something in her diary used in an attempt to blackmail her? Resulting in argument / struggle / loss of life?

3. Was she intercepted by someone else at / outside pub? Effectively 'kidnapped'? By whom and why?

4. Did she stumble across / discover something in that 'closed to the public' pub cellar that no one was mean't to see, sonething perhaps illegal / criminal?

Im wondering whether the postcard with her diary had a picture of the QE2 on it

Ooooh very good points. JMO

1. If Suzy did indeed go to the pub and the acting landlord was on his own then that is a possibility. If he had been trained up for 12 weeks by the regular landlord then he would by now know Suzy as it was her local pub. Did he try it on with Suzy while they were on their own only for her to reject his advances?

2. Unlikely, unless she had written something like 'that acting landlord at the pub is a ****'!

3. Doubtful as how would anyone know she would be going to the pub at that time?

4. Extremely unlikely as I doubt she would have gone anywhere near to the cellar.

Does anyone know what the acting landlord looked like in 1986? Did he have a beard & moustache? How old was he?

1. If Suzy did indeed go to the pub and the acting landlord was on his own then that is a possibility. If he had been trained up for 12 weeks by the regular landlord then he would by now know Suzy as it was her local pub. Did he try it on with Suzy while they were on their own only for her to reject his advances?

2. Unlikely, unless she had written something like 'that acting landlord at the pub is a ****'!

3. Doubtful as how would anyone know she would be going to the pub at that time?

4. Extremely unlikely as I doubt she would have gone anywhere near to the cellar.

Does anyone know what the acting landlord looked like in 1986? Did he have a beard & moustache? How old was he?

I'm confused. The name given above (not in this post) is it an alias in the book? Or is it a real name for the acting pub landlord? JMO

Don't know, he's bearded now apparently, 30 in '86.

You thinking this is him? 27.15 in to video. Hailing a cab at 2pm near to where Suzy's car was abandoned?

So five minutes into taking sole control of the pub and he's accosting one of his customers?

Is that likely / a wise move for a married man, just starting his first full stint as landlord with his wife?

Playing devil's advocate BTW....

Satellite view of the pub

Attachments

• Lamplugh Pub.jpg
    Lamplugh Pub.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 37

You thinking this is him? 27.15 in to video. Hailing a cab at 2pm near to where Suzy's car was abandoned?

I really don't know but it's possible that someone parked Suzy's car in Stevenage Road and then got a taxi to wherever. The door was unlocked and the handbrake off so it would seem somebody left the vehicle in a hurry.

It's the timing that bothers me. Suzy supposedly left the office at 12.40 yet a witness says her car was parked up and empty at 12.45 at Stevenage Road. I think one of these timings is off and I personally would go for the Stevenage Road one, despite what the witness says. It could have been another white car that was parked there earlier, not necessarily Suzi's.

Apologies for this but I have more questions - thanks to anyone who replies!

1. Was it the regular landlord who was in charge over the weekend?

2. Did the police ever confirm with him if Suzy was in the pub either Friday or Sunday night?

3. What time on the Monday did the regular landlord leave the pub to visit family?

4. Did he oversee the stock take in the morning first?

Also, Suzy was said to have spoken to the wife of the landlord (which one?) in the morning. Is it possible Suzy told her she would pop in at lunchtime for her things but didn't tell her work colleagues?

Back in the 1980's (until 1988 I believe) pubs used to open 11 - 3 & then close again until 5.30, so it's possible the pub may have stayed closed on the Monday for the stock take until the early evening opening time.

1.I think so, all four were there, Clive Vole and wife and regular landlord and wife. Clive had been trained up and wife working in the kitchen.
On Sunday Clive gave the things he found to the regular landlord's wife.
Clive & wife, trained for 12 weeks at the Pub prior to being left in charge it seems. At some stage before, not immediately before, being left in charge. The landlord liked to have people he had trained left in charge when he took holiday.

2. No. We now know she lost her things on Sunday and these were found close to the pub and the phone box that was outside then (they were found by Clive Vole).

3. Latter part of the morning, neither he nor wife could remember name of stocktaker.

4. No, and there is a suggestion the pub may have remained closed all, all day after the stock take. 'Pub may have be closed because of the handover and the stocktake, there might have been no food served'. Suggested Suzy might have visited when pub not open to general public.

Yes, the 1988 book said that Suzy last spoke to the acting landlord's wife immediately before she left the office, so after 12 noon when other couple had left. but Clive now says 'she wasn't there, she had nothing to do with it'. Pub may have stayed closed all day.
I really don't know but it's possible that someone parked Suzy's car in Stevenage Road and then got a taxi to wherever. The door was unlocked and the handbrake off so it would seem somebody left the vehicle in a hurry.

It's the timing that bothers me. Suzy supposedly left the office at 12.40 yet a witness says her car was parked up and empty at 12.45 at Stevenage Road. I think one of these timings is off and I personally would go for the Stevenage Road one, despite what the witness says. It could have been another white car that was parked there earlier, not necessarily Suzi's.

Videcette seems to prove, by re-interviewing this witness, that she was wrong about the first, early, white car. It is impossible given her timeline that morning, for it to be Suzy's car.

So, the car was there later on. Possibly from 2:30pm-3:00pm.

So five minutes into taking sole control of the pub and he's accosting one of his customers?

Is that likely / a wise move for a married man, just starting his first full stint as landlord with his wife?

Playing devil's advocate BTW....

1. Yes

2. No

I think if you've really got the lie of the land and you've lived there for 3 months prior, maybe makes things more probable. Comfortable with surroundings. Also what was going on in his personal life? His marriage broke down some time afterwards, were there arguments? She was going to be working in the kitchen.

I think if you've really got the lie of the land and you've lived there for 3 months prior, maybe makes things more probable. Comfortable with surroundings. Also what was going on in his personal life? His marriage broke down some time afterwards, were there arguments? She was going to be working in the kitchen.

OK, if we accept that.

It leads on to te fact that this individual moved away, out of London. Was this incident culminating in attack / murder / concealment a one-off or has there been more?

Have the police (or even David Videcette for that matter) looked in to the possibility that this individual may have committed more crimes?

Surely that would be a good gauge to ascertain if he may have been responsible, for a 1986 unsolved crime where he worked in Putney.

Videcette seems to prove, by re-interviewing this witness, that she was wrong about the first, early, white car. It is impossible given her timeline that morning, for it to be Suzy's car.

So, the car was there later on. Possibly from 2:30pm-3:00pm.

Thanks for sharing this.

Exactly. IMO 3 months does not equate to 5 minutes. JMO

The book says he was bearded back then and bearded now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993