UK - Terrorist Attack: Glasgow Airport, 30 June 2007

YW Liz!

My daughter was coming home from Virginia today and missed her flight because the airport was so busy. She FINALLY got a flight and is due from a Dallas layover any minute. I talked to her in Dallas and told her to be careful.

Phew! I'm glad her trip to Europe was last summer! She was there right about now last year.

JMHO
fran

Have a good feeling she will be home safely and I bet it will be great to see her.:blowkiss:

We have one DD in London now--works on same street cars were found yesterday. Had to close the offices for most of the day.

Not easy being a parent, that is for sure!!!

Geraldo is just worried because he's supposed to leave for vacation, in IIRC.... Spain or something tomorrow! :)

JMHO
fran

and there was a bomb scare in Ibiza this morning---ETA related!!

Geraldo just reported the the John Lennon Airport in Liverpool is closed down! Yet, still have not reported one of the terrorists dying.

So strange how the reporting is so different!!!

They kind of skipped over quickly the eyewitnesses reporting about the terrorists shouting out Allah.....said that terrorists are of Asian decent (over here that mostly means SE Asian--ie Pakistani) and most likely home growned...meaning born and/or raised in UK.---paraphrasing cnn international

I bet you'll breathe a sigh of relief when she touches down in CA, Fran!

And Petra, I'm guessing you did that yesterday!

Agreed, it's rough being a parent. ;)

I bet you'll breathe a sigh of relief when she touches down in CA, Fran!

And Petra, I'm guessing you did that yesterday!

Agreed, it's rough being a parent. ;)

Yikes! The guy reporting is at the airport she's supposed to be landing at. San Diego! They have dogs and 'other' stuff around.

Oh good grief!

She was supposed to land about 3:30 so IMO, she's probably walking around right now. LOL, I'll look for her!:)

fran

Talking about Lennon airport now--passanger said they were all evacuated and spending night in a sports center, roughly 200-250 people.

Red cross assisting. No reason given exceprt for incident in Glasgow

Planes and passangers stuck on Tarmac.

Now most stations are reporting on all terrorists attacks back to the 60's with IRA bombs.....and the bus bombing on July 7 2005 (52 died):mad: :mad:

YW Liz!

My daughter was coming home from Virginia today and missed her flight because the airport was so busy. She FINALLY got a flight and is due from a Dallas layover any minute. I talked to her in Dallas and told her to be careful.

Phew! I'm glad her trip to Europe was last summer! She was there right about now last year.

JMHO
fran
My brother is flying here form O'Hare in Chcago today. My niece later on. O'Hare is the busiest airport so I will letl you know what they have to say regarding security.

My brother is flying here form O'Hare in Chcago today. My niece later on. O'Hare is the busiest airport so I will letl you know what they have to say regarding security.

Did you see on the news last night they were telling people who deal with diving equipment and lessons, etc., to be vigilent! They said you go under water and you're completely invisible.

I'm not even going to go there. I know of a couple of places that would be useful!

JMHO
fran

They were just showing San Diego Airport again and you could see a dog and an officer in the background.

fran

Did you see on the news last night they were telling people who deal with diving equipment and lessons, etc., to be vigilent! They said you go under water and you're completely invisible.

I'm not even going to go there. I know of a couple of places that would be useful!

JMHO
fran
OH cripes..no kidding. That gives me the creeps.
I just talked to my brother and they were in the air during all this. My niece is coming in later and they ear she will have delays. O'Hare is a major hub and extremely busy.
My brother came into SNA.

OH cripes..no kidding. That gives me the creeps.
I just talked to my brother and they were in the air during all this. My niece is coming in later and they ear she will have delays. O'Hare is a major hub and extremely busy.
My brother came into SNA.

My daughter actually got to the airport she was leaving from in plenty of time, don't know if she left out of VA or DC, but anyway, they waited in the long lines and after awhile found they could go inside. So they went inside and waited again and after about 1/2 an hour someone came up to them and said if they had their tickets and it was a domestic flight, they could just go up to the que-osk (SP? :)). By then it was too late, they'd missed their flight.

I think it's mostly out of the country flights that are being delayed. You close one international airport and it's like a domino effect.

JMHO
fran

My daughter actually got to the airport she was leaving from in plenty of time, don't know if she left out of VA or DC, but anyway, they waited in the long lines and after awhile found they could go inside. So they went inside and waited again and after about 1/2 an hour someone came up to them and said if they had their tickets and it was a domestic flight, they could just go up to the que-osk (SP? :)). By then it was too late, they'd missed their flight.

I think it's mostly out of the country flights that are being delayed. You close one international airport and it's like a domino effect.

JMHO
fran
My mom flew to DC yesterday and thank goodness because she would be a wreck today.
The last time there was an alert I was flying to Hawaii. OMG the lines at LAX were unbelievable.

My mom and dad just left here to fly back to Europe. We didn't notice anything different at the Pittsburgh airport. No delays, no long lines. They flew to Philly, and are now en route back home. I'll have to ask them if they noticed anything different security-wise in Philly. No delays in Philly either.

I am slightly nervous as they have to fly straight over England to get where they're going... I hope there isn't one or a few idiots on board who is planning an, uhm, early landing. Good vibes and prayers for that not to happen are appreciated. :)

My mom and dad just left here to fly back to Europe. We didn't notice anything different at the Pittsburgh airport. No delays, no long lines. They flew to Philly, and are now en route back home. I'll have to ask them if they noticed anything different security-wise in Philly. No delays in Philly either.

I am slightly nervous as they have to fly straight over England to get where they're going... I hope there isn't one or a few idiots on board who is planning an, uhm, early landing. Good vibes and prayers for that not to happen are appreciated. :)

Prayers just said for your parents and for all those traveling, JanetElaine!!
:blowkiss:

Thanks. :)

I've been checking their flight status all night and they just arrived (according to two flight trackers ;)). Now I can finally sleep. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back