Update: Kronk once arrested on Kidnapping in the early 1990's

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy had nothing to hide so he raised this issue himself. More power to him and I would hope everyone connected with this case should come so clean. LOL.

Would that it would happen.

Can't you user your Mod pixie dust that you keep in your desk drawer or pull out that big 'ART' stick (Attitude Readjustment Tool) and make that happen? Please, can you, huh?

Here in Cali having your record expunged does not mean there has been a mistake. Are you sure that is what it means in FL?

Either which way, it is almost irrelevant because the MR is who brought this info to light.

The requirements in Fl are:

1. You have never obtained a previous sealing or expungement of your criminal history record;
  2. You have never been adjudicated guilty of a felony, misdemeanor, criminal ordinance, or other criminal offense;
  3. You have not been adjudicated guilty for committing any of the acts stemming from the arrest or alleged criminal activity for which you are seeking to have sealed or expunged.
  4. You are not currently under any type of court supervision, which includes probation, house arrest, or pretrial release;
  5. You did not enter a plea of guilty or nolo contendere (No Contest) to any of the offenses ineligible to sealed or expunged under Florida law.

Slice, dissect and dice his history any way one wants, and I may read hundreds of posts about him in the coming months, but RK was ultimately responsible for Caylee being found.

That's good enough for me.

As I understand it, the woman Kronk was accused of "kidnapping" has no problem speaking out on his behalf and explaining the situation- and clearly stating that he did nothing wrong and is a good person.

This was not in the media, but it is the truth.

How do you know this?? I sure hope you are right. The poor guy. Tough enough losing one's wife, then to have to endure all of this, it must be hard on him.

Slice, dissect and dice his history any way one wants, and I may read hundreds of posts about him in the coming months, but RK was ultimately responsible for Caylee being found.

That's good enough for me.

:clap::clap::clap:

Yep, no matter what, he was the hero who got Caylee out of the woods at personal cost to himself. I wish there were more like him.

The story says the charges were dropped and his record expunged. This is just cruel for people to dig this stuff up. It was in the early 1990s and he was completely cleared. I guess expungement doesn't mean anything anymore.

It does to me...he was not convicted...charges were dropped.

:clap::clap::clap:

Yep, no matter what, he was the hero who got Caylee out of the woods at personal cost to himself. I wish there were more like him.

Sing it out, Sis.

Lord knows what would have happened without his diligence. And it really scares me to think about it. I'll help you make the hero badge.

So MR was a Bounty Hunter and Bail Bondsman? Then searching and investigating are in his blood. (Like GA has cop in him, but had to control it because his wife and family didn't want him to act like a cop anymore).

Apparently, the girlfriend brought kidnapping charges against him. In this case, the kidnapping could be as simple as he found his gf in another man's house, grabbed her by the arm and took her outside. Kidnapping can be as simple as taking a person, against their will, from one place to another. As in from the house to the front yard.
He was arrested based on her allegations, then the charges were dismissed. Maybe she decided not to testify againt him, maybe he was overcharged when the actual facts were revealed we do not know. In any event he had the arrest expunged.

The fact that he told LE about it tells me that he was being very open, honest and cooperative with LE. He didn't want them to come back later with the information and ask him "why didn't you tell us this before?" as it makes him look like he had something to hide for a reason.

Poor MR. I guess it is true, no good deed goes unpunished. LE is not interested in this event from his past, but the Th's will dissect him to fill up their show time.

No wonder he wanted to remain anonymous.

Exactly!!
But I disagree that kidnapping charges could be as simple as taking her by the arm from the house to the yard. I believe the person has to be removed from their property... or if they are on public property, they would have had to be taken off that property, for it to be kidanpping. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.
And I have a question... if these charges were expunged from his record, did he volunteer this information? Or did LE dig it up somehow? I think LE has access to things we don't, but I'm wondering how they knew, because I heard something about a background check done.
I don't think he's involved other than he found the remains, so good on him!

Yes, even the heading of this thread is misleading.
What about it is misleading? If he was arrested, no matter what the outcome was after the fact, the heading is not misleading. And being the survivor of domestic violence, i have been forced in a car (kidnapped) or physically abused and dropped the charges more than once, so him saying the charges were dropped and the record expunged doesn't mean he was never arrested.

RK hero in my book.

Lord forbid someone doing a background check on all the posters here. I am sure THAT would be interesting.

The requirements in Fl are:

1. You have never obtained a previous sealing or expungement of your criminal history record;
  2. You have never been adjudicated guilty of a felony, misdemeanor, criminal ordinance, or other criminal offense;
  3. You have not been adjudicated guilty for committing any of the acts stemming from the arrest or alleged criminal activity for which you are seeking to have sealed or expunged.
  4. You are not currently under any type of court supervision, which includes probation, house arrest, or pretrial release;
  5. You did not enter a plea of guilty or nolo contendere (No Contest) to any of the offenses ineligible to sealed or expunged under Florida law.

Okay, this ties in to what I've been wondering. If the charges were dropped, why would his record need to be expunged? What would there be to expunge?

IMO this is a moot point. Who cares what his background is - point was charges were dropped and it was many, many years ago.

JB and the defense can't go after this guy - and if they do HOW do you get RK kidnapping, killing and PUTTING CAYLEE IN KC'S TRUNK????

Moot point - poor guy.

I totally agree with this post. This is so wrong. Even the news media that reported this should be ashamed of themselves.

I hope that the Mods shut this thread down.

I think the scrutiny is sad considering Caylee may never have been found, or found after the trial. But there are alot of subjects that if truthful and brought out in the open, we need to hear about them.
Mods shouldn't shut down something that is true, otherwise we couldn't possibly sleuth without having all facts on the table. MOO

First of all, the fact that he was a bounty hunter is interesting. I would imagine that having been one, the Caylee Anthony case caught his attention - she was in his area, a bounty hunter was involved. I can see why he would be keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

The kidnapping thing is unfortunate. Obviously it was expunged and has nothing to do with anything, but I think *if* JB is allowed to bring it up it could cause some kind of doubt for some people, especially combined with the wierdness of the August-December phone calls.

Hopefully the prosecution will have a viable reason to explain this. The way I see it is there was some miscommunication on LE's part and RK not wanting to get involved. The 911 tapes from Aug. show me there was some if not alot of apathy to his requests. One 911 dispatcher insisted that he call the tip line, even though he seemed resistant and in another call repeated that he got nowhere with that line. I think the tip got buried. :rolleyes:
Then you have the LE reports that show one officer was there a whole 5 minutes and another ran away due to a DEAD snake. Seems to me the beat cops were hoping somebody else would eventually get the call and they wouldn't have to be bothered.
They might have even blown him off on Dec.11th if he had not said, I'm in the Caylee Anthony area and I kicked the bag and a skull rolled out.

Ya know, I don't really know what this poor guy had to do to get their attention really. :mad:

Exactly!!
But I disagree that kidnapping charges could be as simple as taking her by the arm from the house to the yard. I believe the person has to be removed from their property... or if they are on public property, they would have had to be taken off that property, for it to be kidanpping. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.
And I have a question... if these charges were expunged from his record, did he volunteer this information? Or did LE dig it up somehow? I think LE has access to things we don't, but I'm wondering how they knew, because I heard something about a background check done.

He volunteered the information. I found this on wikipedia regarding Florida Law on expungement.

A successful sealing will limit disclosure of the record to only the Florida Bar, the Florida Department of Children and Families, the Florida Board of Education, law enforcement and in a few other circumstances. An expunged record will be unavailable for dissemination to any private or public entity, though the four agencies that can see a sealed record will be informed only that a record has been expunged.

Okay, this ties in to what I've been wondering. If the charges were dropped, why would his record need to be expunged? What would there be to expunge?
Here in Cali,expungement technically refers to having your felony or misdemeanor conviction wiped of your record . But , just the act of getting arrested creates a criminal record for you. So,while it is not necessarily called expungement, there is a process for having that criminal record cleared also.There are different processes in different states, but basically, if he does not have a conviction, he is saying the criminal record of being arrested has been cleared from his file. That may be called getting your record expunged in FL or they are just using that term generically. But either which way an arrest creates a criminal record.

Exactly!!
He volunteered the information according to the article. I think some people are missing that no one dug up this information, he just came forward with it on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74