Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

The latest post on the official fB appears to want to distinguish DH as the family friend whereas JB basically came with the property. We know that DH left his farm employment with DR amicably, and not sure how this affected JB -- whether it meant more or less opportunity for the unemployed squatter.

I believe the locked gate might have caused a confrontation here. JB was said to keep the key to the gate leading to the grain truck shelter as well as his own camper. If DR started out wanting to get his grain truck moved first thing Saturday morning but JB was gone until around 1 pm, I think that might cause DR to be upset enough to confront JB. I just hope JB decides to cooperate with investigators sooner than later. MOO
I think I saw a fb admin comment from yesterday stating that Dylan had his own key to the gate.

ETA: links to the admin comments in question

Last edited:
JB's trailer was located close to the grain shed. I wonder if he used the shed for some purpose that could have been a subject of dispute.
Now knowing JB was squatting in a trailer where he also illegally kept guns and ammunition, I think JB was especially territorial with the gate providing access to this area. If DR had to track JB down early Saturday when he was trying to move his grain truck to the shelter, I think that alone could have set off a fuse. DR had $5K of seed he didn't want to lose (to moisture)!

ETA: FB Admin confirmed JB had since given DR a key to the gate. I was recalling CC saying DR had previously cut the gate wire for access.

Last edited:
I think I saw a fb admin comment from yesterday stating that Dylan had his own key to the gate.

ETA: links to the admin comments in question
Thanks @indicolite22 -- I'll edit my post. I was recalling CC statement that DR had previously cut the gate wire for access.

Thanks @indicolite22 -- I'll edit my post. I was recalling CC statement that DR had previously cut the gate wire for access.
Thanks for the insight. Along this same line of thinking, I recall CC saying in an early interview (HeavyDSparks) that DR never locked the gate, but it was locked when they began searching on that Monday. Maybe DH and or JB locked it to help secure the area. In the big picture, I wonder if that could have been a point of contention between DR and JB....DR didn't want the gate locked and JB kept locking it as @Seattle1 indicated maybe being territorial.

From Official FB - CV extradition hearing (MT) continued and will be revisited on August 12.

CV remains in UT. Also, given the recent Fed weapons charge, MT is not likely to claim CV after 30 days lapsed during UT State detention. MOO

JB next court date is Sept 12. Denied bail.

I am wondering how often CV traveled out of the general area of Lucin/Montello. Was this typical for CV. or would it be an anomaly, for him to be at a Little Cesar’s pizza place 200 miles away. Just the fact that he was suddenly 200 miles away seems odd- did he have a vehicle of his own- A drivers license- did some unnamed person give CV a ride and under what pretense. That whole trip seems bothersome to me. MOO

I am fixated on the boots. I wonder if JB was the reason CV was without his boots. And JB did the same thing to Dylan? I wonder if during his violent outbursts, JB orders people to remove their footwear at gunpoint? Sounds like a scene out of a spaghetti western doesn't it?

May I please vent? jb, criminal record, Felon. A violent individual, had/owned how many weapons? IMO, these are the individuals that shouldn’t be given second chances. Weapons confiscated and them incarcerated for life. Just makes me so angry

I am fixated on the boots. I wonder if JB was the reason CV was without his boots. And JB did the same thing to Dylan? I wonder if during his violent outbursts, JB orders people to remove their footwear at gunpoint? Sounds like a scene out of a spaghetti western doesn't it?

I'm still leaning toward DR taking his own boots off after voluntarily entering JB's trailer/camper then something going bad once inside. The boots could have then been tossed out by the dirt mound to deal with later but were forgotten or not disposed of in time. So puzzling, I really hope they have discovered clearer evidence regarding the events!

I am wondering how often CV traveled out of the general area of Lucin/Montello. Was this typical for CV. or would it be an anomaly, for him to be at a Little Cesar’s pizza place 200 miles away. Just the fact that he was suddenly 200 miles away seems odd- did he have a vehicle of his own- A drivers license- did some unnamed person give CV a ride and under what pretense. That whole trip seems bothersome to me. MOO

I don't think it was unusual for CV given his last known residence per the AA was 15 miles away.
Also, I believe his children lived in the area -- and his former spouse, the mother of their children passed in the last year or so.

I think CV gave his life to meth addiction years ago and all that this comes with as evidenced by both the barefoot encounter DR described and what LE observed during their warranted search.

May I please vent? jb, criminal record, Felon. A violent individual, had/owned how many weapons? IMO, these are the individuals that shouldn’t be given second chances. Weapons confiscated and them incarcerated for life. Just makes me so angry

It's very tragic that it was likely DR's own backyard that he had to fear!

DR's boots were found right behind JB's trailer -- the dirt mound only 100 yards from JB's trailer

Thanks for the insight. Along this same line of thinking, I recall CC saying in an early interview (HeavyDSparks) that DR never locked the gate, but it was locked when they began searching on that Monday. Maybe DH and or JB locked it to help secure the area. In the big picture, I wonder if that could have been a point of contention between DR and JB....DR didn't want the gate locked and JB kept locking it as @Seattle1 indicated maybe being territorial.
^^bbm

I'm having difficulty relating to the squatting lifestyle/community but it seems to me that anybody could take over your trailer-camper if you have no legal rights to it, and therefore more reason to be territorial. It's not like a squatter could call authorities to make a report! And I can't imagine JB calling BECSO to report his illegal guns were stolen.

I believe JB showed himself as the gatekeeper to the prior property owner of the farm DR acquired and since he also benefited from keeping any trespassers out, JB had the informal endorsement to be the gatekeeper.

I think DR changed all of that for the squatters when he actually not only started the process to prepare the ground for farming, he carried it through to planting. It was hard work -- took him three years. MOO

Was this posted already?
Yes: “The current totality of information gathered from the many interviews and searches, along with the analysis of both physical evidence and forensic data, has identified James Brenner as a suspect..."
I think it was ABC that had the video with CC.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TinaByrd#50