Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Is Utah on standard time or daylight savings time?
Utah observes daylight savings time:

For most of the U.S., the second Sunday of March marks the start of daylight saving time, but two states are the exceptions. Here's why.​

This year, daylight saving time begins on Sunday, March 13 and ends on Sunday, November 6. During daylight saving time, Americans around the country wake up a little more groggy and a lot more annoyed than usual, knowing that they’ve lost an hour of sleep. Some even ask, “what would happen if we got rid of daylight saving time?” as they adjust to the time change. But for a select group of Americans, the second Sunday of March is just a regular day, as not all states observe daylight saving time.

What states don’t do daylight saving time?​

Two states don’t do daylight saving time: Hawaii and Arizona. The United States officially adopted daylight saving time (yes, not “savings”) as part of the Uniform Time Act of 1966. Before that, states could come up with their own versions of the practice. In fact, Iowa once had 23 different pairs of start and end dates throughout the state. This new law brought much-needed order to the country’s clocks, but it didn’t require all states to comply. And so, Hawaii and Arizona eventually opted out.

I think the REAL question is, WHY did his phone ping? Did someone look at messages or look up something or ?

Was it even DR holding the phone at that time?
I imagine the phone pinged all day -- I understood this was just the final ping on Saturday and the phone was dead ever since. Either turned off or battery expended. JMO

I'm curious, and want to be sensitive in posting. Most of us believe DR was the victim of foul play that resulted in his death. Outside of the boots being discovered, however, there hasn't been any signs of a potential "crime" scene around DR's trailer and/or grain truck and shed. I know it would depend on the type of injuries DR may have received, but it seems like there would be some evidence to the fact of an assault. I know it was raining that weekend, but would search dogs have hit on any substantial amount of blood, etc. that may have been in the soil/ dirt?

Maybe the initial assault / confrontation started at the farm, but the "fatal" act happened away from the trailer / farm? I know there's speculation DR's truck was used to move his body, and that could still be case, but maybe he was in more of an incapacitated state while being moved? Sorry for rambling, just trying to make sense of the facts and information as we know them.

Utah observes daylight savings time:

For most of the U.S., the second Sunday of March marks the start of daylight saving time, but two states are the exceptions. Here's why.​

This year, daylight saving time begins on Sunday, March 13 and ends on Sunday, November 6. During daylight saving time, Americans around the country wake up a little more groggy and a lot more annoyed than usual, knowing that they’ve lost an hour of sleep. Some even ask, “what would happen if we got rid of daylight saving time?” as they adjust to the time change. But for a select group of Americans, the second Sunday of March is just a regular day, as not all states observe daylight saving time.

What states don’t do daylight saving time?​

Two states don’t do daylight saving time: Hawaii and Arizona. The United States officially adopted daylight saving time (yes, not “savings”) as part of the Uniform Time Act of 1966. Before that, states could come up with their own versions of the practice. In fact, Iowa once had 23 different pairs of start and end dates throughout the state. This new law brought much-needed order to the country’s clocks, but it didn’t require all states to comply. And so, Hawaii and Arizona eventually opted out.

Thank you.

FIRST DISTRICT - Box Elder

STATE OF UTAH
Attorneys:
DUNCAN, BRIAN
vs.
JAMES A BRENNER
Attorneys:
STUART, BRADY

DOB: 12/2/1963

Case # 211100128
11:15 AM - 8/1/2022
COURTROOM 3
View courthouse address
Judge/Commissioner:
BRANDON MAYNARD
WEBEX CONT DECISION TO PRELIM
State Felony

3rd Degree Felony
AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
2/20/2021

OTN: 63956270
Citation: #
LEA: S02 #21-000741
Prosecuting Agency: C02 #21-214

Under Rule 4-401.02 of the Utah Rules of Judicial Administration court proceedings, including electronic proceedings, may not be recorded, photographed, or transmitted to other devices. A failure to comply with this prohibition may be treated as contempt of court, punishable by a fine or time in jail.

Information about attending a remote hearing

The public is able to attend most court hearings, even if it is being held remotely.
  • Some courts are adding a video link to join the hearing in the calendar below.
  • If there is no link in the calendar, contact the judge's team and request a link.
  • If there is no contact information for the judge's team, contact the court location to request a link.
There is an easy guide to help you to participate in a remote court hearing.

STATE OF UTAH
Attorneys:
WARDLE, BLAIR
vs.
JAMES A BRENNER
Attorneys:
STUART, BRADY

Case # 221100171
COURTROOM 3
View courthouse address
Judge/Commissioner:
BRANDON MAYNARD
State Felony

3rd Degree Felony
PURCH, TRANS, POSSESS, USE OF A FIREARM BY RESTRICTED PERSON
6/20/2022
3rd Degree Felony
6/20/2022
3rd Degree Felony
6/20/2022

OTN: 63956866
LEA: S02 #22-002281
Prosecuting Agency: C02 #22-658
Sheriff: #

Maybe the initial assault / confrontation started at the farm, but the "fatal" act happened away from the trailer / farm? I know there's speculation DR's truck was used to move his body, and that could still be case, but maybe he was in more of an incapacitated state while being moved? Sorry for rambling, just trying to make sense of the facts and information as we know them.
^^RSBBM

We know from the court calendar published above that JB was earlier arrested for aggregated assault on 2/20/21 (hearing on 8/1/22), and MSM reports JB has a lengthy rap sheet for similar crimes.

I'm afraid JB is an individual with a volatile temper and anything DR did or did not do, or JB perceived about DR, could have set him off.

It's believed the trailer occupied by JB, located on or near DR's property near the grain shed, was once occupied by CV.

It follows that JB would not want to possess DR's phone or his truck after disappearing DR but I believe JB would not hesitate to keep DR's pistol since he's not likely to acquire a firearm except by theft or the error of another such as the Winchester rifle allegedly left in the trailer by CV.

IMO, if JB did not sell DR's pistol, I would not be surprised if JB fatally wounded DR with his own pistol, and disposed of the weapon at the same time as DR and his phone.

Relative to DR's boots found behind the dirt mound, I've long believed the boots a red herring -- possible to point away from JB and towards CV, aka the barefoot, bloody drifter DR encountered in the desert-- shortly before he disappeared. MOO

2/10/22

SALT LAKE CITY — All of Utah will now have much easier access to the state's court system than ever before. With a few clicks and a $5 fee, anyone can now learn the truth about someone’s criminal history or lack thereof.

Xchange is something FOX 13 News has been using for quite some time to check court records. But now, anyone can log in discover whether those they're dealing with have criminal histories.

The access launched quietly last weekend, but it’s now up and running.

The sponsor of the legislation that made this happen says he did it in part due to the proliferation of online dating, and that it’s only fair for people to know if the individual they were conversing with in cyberspace is telling the truth in their social media profile.

IMO, if JB did not sell DR's pistol, I would not be surprised if JB fatally wounded DR with his own pistol, and disposed of the weapon at the same time as DR and his phone.
Thanks for the insight @Seattle1

If indeed JB did fatally wound DR with his own pistol, do you believe it happened at the grain shed or by DR's trailer? Or at the site where JB may have disposed of DR's body? It's been reported that DR often kept the pistol in his truck, as opposed to on his person, but maybe would take it with him when walking? or in this specific incident, took it with him to drive the grain truck to the shed, knowing he would be walking back to the trailer?

If indeed JB did fatally wound DR with his own pistol, do you believe it happened at the grain shed or by DR's trailer? Or at the site where JB may have disposed of DR's body? It's been reported that DR often kept the pistol in his truck, as opposed to on his person, but maybe would take it with him when walking? or in this specific incident, took it with him to drive the grain truck to the shed, knowing he would be walking back to the trailer?
I don't believe DR would have gone anywhere willingly with JB. This leaves me to think a fatal assault or gunshot wound would have likely occurred somewhere on DR's property on Saturday after he backed the truck into the shed.

IMO, if DR was the victim of homicidal violence outside of his farm property, I think more than JB would have been involved and I'm not seeing that here. JMO.

I've always assumed that he took his weapon with him, knowing he'd possibly be walking home alone for those 5 miles.

If so, JB must have approached him in a friendly manner, in order to get a jump on him. Maybe he offered DR a ride back to his place, and attacked him there?

STATE OF UTAH
Attorneys:
WARDLE, BLAIR
vs.
JAMES A BRENNER
Attorneys:
STUART, BRADY

Case # 221100171
COURTROOM 3
View courthouse address
Judge/Commissioner:
BRANDON MAYNARD
State Felony

3rd Degree Felony
6/20/2022
3rd Degree Felony
6/20/2022
3rd Degree Felony
6/20/2022

OTN: 63956866
LEA: S02 #22-002281
Prosecuting Agency: C02 #22-658
Sheriff: #

Am trying to read back posts and catch up .... But, is JB a poi in Dylan's case ?
Also marking my spot.
Sad to see no answers yet. :(

I don't believe DR would have gone anywhere willingly with JB. This leaves me to think a fatal assault or gunshot wound would have likely occurred somewhere on DR's property on Saturday after he backed the truck into the shed.

IMO, if DR was the victim of homicidal violence outside of his farm property, I think more than JB would have been involved and I'm not seeing that here. JMO.
We've previously discussed the gate to the farm / shed as a possible point of contention between DR and JB. Hypothetically speaking, if DR discovers the gate closed early that Saturday morning, he's in a rush to get the grain truck in the shed, and he either has to stop and unlock (if he has the extra key), find a way around the gate, or track down JB to unlock. I could see all scenarios leading to some confrontation; whether DR approached JB after parking the truck if he was able to unlock on his own or if JB assisted in unlocking and following DR to the shed.

I believe there was already animosity towards DR, even JR mentioned in previous interviews, they resented taking orders from a 19 year-old, coupled with JB's reported temper, it appears it wouldn't take much to set him off. On a side note, has it been confirmed and/or reported if JB has a vehicle and if so, what kind?

We've previously discussed the gate to the farm / shed as a possible point of contention between DR and JB. Hypothetically speaking, if DR discovers the gate closed early that Saturday morning, he's in a rush to get the grain truck in the shed, and he either has to stop and unlock (if he has the extra key), find a way around the gate, or track down JB to unlock. I could see all scenarios leading to some confrontation; whether DR approached JB after parking the truck if he was able to unlock on his own or if JB assisted in unlocking and following DR to the shed.

I believe there was already animosity towards DR, even JR mentioned in previous interviews, they resented taking orders from a 19 year-old, coupled with JB's reported temper, it appears it wouldn't take much to set him off. On a side note, has it been confirmed and/or reported if JB has a vehicle and if so, what kind?
Initially, I believed the locked gate is where this day took the wrong path but I was corrected that DR now had his own gate key.

I also do not know much about JB's relationship with DR. I believe that the other gentlemen, a friend of DR's grandfather, was the more reliable, steady farm hand. Until he was terminated over a difference of priorities/opinion such as repairing a pump versus DR hooking up
his clothes washing machine. (As told by CC).

CC also confirmed that JB owned a dog and an old pick-up. MOO

Am trying to read back posts and catch up .... But, is JB a poi in Dylan's case ?
Also marking my spot.
Sad to see no answers yet. :(

Confirming that JB was officially named a suspect in DR's disappearance in his charging docs.

Also, CV named a person of interest in numerous crimes (but charging docs have not specifically named DR).

Yeah.
CC confirmed he has a pickup in the windy interview.
I wonder if that had been power washed too?

My feeling is that DR was possibly rendered unconscious, maybe a blow to the head, from behind, in the area of the grain store but taken elsewhere to be killed.
This because cadaver dogs, even after heavy rain, would have pulled a cadaverine scent otherwise.

Perhaps they did?
LE must have evidence to name him as a POI.
They're not saying though.

It's possible JB used his own vehicle to dispose of DR, possibly still alive but unconscious, and dropped him to his death down one of the many existing mine shafts, he would know them all.

It's possible he then drove his own truck to Dylan's yard and used the power washer to clean away any evidence and that Dylan's rear wheels got washed in the process?

There's a lot of holes in this theory though and it does not explain the shifted seat or the 4wd locking position.
In theory, had Dylan been dead prior to his disposal there should still have been detectable cadaverine at the location of the grain store, depending upon the sensory acuity of the cadaver dog used.
They are not all the same.

Yeah.
CC confirmed he has a pickup in the windy interview.
I wonder if that had been power washed too?

My feeling is that DR was possibly rendered unconscious, maybe a blow to the head, from behind, in the area of the grain store but taken elsewhere to be killed.
This because cadaver dogs, even after heavy rain, would have pulled a cadaverine scent otherwise.

Perhaps they did?
LE must have evidence to name him as a POI.
They're not saying though.

It's possible JB used his own vehicle to dispose of DR, possibly still alive but unconscious, and dropped him to his death down one of the many existing mine shafts, he would know them all.

It's possible he then drove his own truck to Dylan's yard and used the power washer to clean away any evidence and that Dylan's rear wheels got washed in the process?

There's a lot of holes in this theory though and it does not explain the shifted seat or the 4wd locking position.
In theory, had Dylan been dead prior to his disposal there should still have been detectable cadaverine at the location of the grain store, depending upon the sensory acuity of the cadaver dog used.
They are not all the same.
font size and bolding mine

I had hopes that maybe he'd walked away from his farming job and life, for reasons of his own.
Those hopes have dwindled.
So sorry for Dylan's anxious and fearful loved ones. :(
Ghastly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member