Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Yeah.
CC confirmed he has a pickup in the windy interview.
I wonder if that had been power washed too?

My feeling is that DR was possibly rendered unconscious, maybe a blow to the head, from behind, in the area of the grain store but taken elsewhere to be killed.
This because cadaver dogs, even after heavy rain, would have pulled a cadaverine scent otherwise.

Perhaps they did?
LE must have evidence to name him as a POI.
They're not saying though.

It's possible JB used his own vehicle to dispose of DR, possibly still alive but unconscious, and dropped him to his death down one of the many existing mine shafts, he would know them all.

It's possible he then drove his own truck to Dylan's yard and used the power washer to clean away any evidence and that Dylan's rear wheels got washed in the process?

There's a lot of holes in this theory though and it does not explain the shifted seat or the 4wd locking position.
In theory, had Dylan been dead prior to his disposal there should still have been detectable cadaverine at the location of the grain store, depending upon the sensory acuity of the cadaver dog used.
They are not all the same.
Thanks for your insights.

If JB is indeed responsible for DR's death, I wonder if he could have disposed of the body by himself? DR is reportedly 5'10" and 160 pounds...that's substantial to potentially lift / carry...especially into the back of a pick-up truck, etc.

On a side note, some have said the boots could be a red herring. I wonder though, outside the family whom DR called, who knew about the incident and the details DR shared. That information didn't become public until after the fact. Between when the ride incident occurred on that Wednesday and that Saturday, the day DR appears to have disappeared...who knew? Would DR have told JB? Don? Kurt? Would he have gone into detail? Just something I haven't been able to completely rule in or out.

On a side note, some have said the boots could be a red herring. I wonder though, outside the family whom DR called, who knew about the incident and the details DR shared.
^^RSBM

I'm under the impression that DR told everybody about his encounter with the bloody, shoeless man that walked out of the desert including mom, dad, grandparents, best friend, and the bar crowd. I think the only difference was the folks in NV knew he was talking about CV whereas others did not. JMO

If Dylan had a key to the gate but found himself there, at 7 in the morning sans his key, we can guess where he would've gone. Upthread somebody theorized that, to enter the trailer, maybe he kicked his boots off. Not because the trailer was worthy of that level of consideration (I suspect it wholly was not), maybe Dylan himself was consistent and considerate, maybe did it as much from habit and upbringing as anything. If violence occurred because of an unwelcome early disturbance and inconvenience or if violence followed Dylan witnessing something no one wanted Dylan to see (illegal firearms, meth, another person or an additional squatter), he may have been killed then and there, his boots only discovered much later, long after Dylan was hidden away, long after the truck was power washed. Keep the cap, chuck the shoes.

He wouldn't have known the significance of Dylan's footwear habits.

Or that they would/could become the alarm sounder for Dylan's parents.

Dylan wouldn't willingly walk away from his only pair of boots.

JMO

I emailed asking for seeds! I don't live too far away from where he went missing so perhaps I will go and pick some up if I'm too late regarding emailing them.

294492177_213861711068523_4840088903601649024_n.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Dylan !
It seems from the photos, that is was an extremely isolated area; even given the fact that there's a small town nearby ?
No one to check up on him ?
And no one hearing a commotion ?
But that is the life he chose and apparently enjoyed.
It is a shame he wasn't allowed to continue his chosen livelihood.

“Brenner has been listed as an official suspect, and on the affidavit that was served to get the warrant on Chase, they listed it as a homicide investigation,” Cooley explains.

I'm just hoping Brenner decides to play ball, and leads them to Dylan's body.

Or that the cell phone information they're getting pinpoints the location. I'm not optimistic that JB's going to be any help.

So.... what is the motive?
The current suspect, his temper precedes him. I would guess it might not take much to set him off. Dylan could've knocked on his door and he didn't like how Dylan knocked.

Dylan could've just found himself in the middle of someone else's conflict, like the two people currently jailed. Couple of rough felons. Maybe one didn't like Dylan helping the other (giving him a ride).

I think at 6:30 the morning, Dylan had every expectation of getting his seed out of the rain, seed he was set on planting.

You know, maybe the rain came hard and fast and Dylan sought refuge in the trailer to wait it out. Left his wet boots at the door.

And didn't leave that trailer alive.

JMO

Confirming that JB was officially named a suspect in DR's disappearance in his charging docs.

Also, CV named a person of interest in numerous crimes (but charging docs have not specifically named DR).
Appending to this post after watching the update by DR's mother, CC, and Nate Eaton, East Idaho News Reporter.

CC stated that in a court hearing on Thursday, CV's gun charges are being upgraded after the guns recovered from his motor home pursuant to a search warrant, were determined to have been stolen weapons.

CC speculated that CV possibly steals weapons from the Montello, NV area and runs them to the Ogden area where he sells them.

I speculated earlier that DR's pistol may have been stolen by JB for the same reason -- offering the weapon to CV for cash or resale.

It's devastating to watch this mother age before my eyes. Two months have taken a toll on her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back